PDA

View Full Version : wasnt he dead?

Fithos
04-30-2006, 11:15 PM
im sorry if this has already been asked, im kinda behind, but in the move at the end. tseng is standing with the turks in front of rufes. but wasnt tseng killed in the game by sephiroth, they kept talking about how he is dead, so how was he alive at the end of the movie, or am i thinking of someone else. its been a long time dince i played the game. and i know vincent said he found him and heeled him up, but he was fighting with you so when did he have the time? am i thinking of someone else, or is their a simple explination?

Ryushikaze
05-01-2006, 12:17 AM
It was an error in translation that left the impression that he died. It was corrected for the PC release.

In any case, he's not dead, as is plain to see.

cloud_doll
05-01-2006, 10:52 PM
but didnt something happen to both tseng and ellaine (i think thats her name) in the beginning of advent children? thats what im stuck on

Mercen-X
05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
There was no clear indication in the game that Tseng ever died. He was wounded and they left him behind. Then you never see him again. Oh well.

but didnt something happen to both tseng and ellaine (i think thats her name) in the beginning of advent children? thats what im stuck on
Vincent later explains that he saved them.

Necronopticous
05-01-2006, 11:35 PM
They were tortured by Kadaj's gang. Vincent wasn't sure they'd live after finding them and trying to save them. The viewer is not supposed to be sure either until you see them save Rufus from falling at the end.

daggertrepe
05-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Me and my sis were watching that and debating. Apparantly he isn't dead...

Hell_Vangaurd
05-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Or maybe he really did die, but he was given a second chance? Meh. I dunno... I got the english version the day it came out for my PSP and I was just going through frame-by-frame things until I finally watched it normally, then went back to my save file for FF7. It confused me! O_O

btw, is it just me, or was there alot of turk-abuse towards Rude?

Seto Fett
05-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Or maybe he really did die, but he was given a second chance? Meh. I dunno... I got the english version the day it came out for my PSP and I was just going through frame-by-frame things until I finally watched it normally, then went back to my save file for FF7. It confused me! O_O

btw, is it just me, or was there alot of turk-abuse towards Rude?
Heh. Rude did seem to have bad luck in this one. He got hit in the nose by Reno's rod, a sign fell on him, Reno crushed a pair of his sunglasses, Reno fell on him...poor guy.

On topic, there is a theory that Rufus survived the explosion in his office because he was possibly exposed to Mako, giving him extra stength and stamina. Sounds weird? Well, I'm not much of a theory guy myself but it does make a lot of sense. The theory is on the VII Ultimania guide on IGN. I can't get the link now but tommorow I can if anyone is interested. Basically, the logic that he's been exposed to mako is due to his intense green eyes, very much like Cloud's. As we know, any SOLDIER was distinguished by the intense green eyes he/she had.

BG-57
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Basic rule of movies or video games: if you don't see a character die on screen, they may not be dead.

I assumed they both died, but I was wrong on both counts. You just never saw them again in the original FFVII.

Fatal Impurity
05-03-2006, 04:59 PM
i think rufus survived because when his office exploded he luckily managed to get under a desk or something and then escaped later......maybe......or amybe the mako things is right.....wait a minute i remember that rufus' eyes are BLUE in the game so the mako thing MUST be true!

cloud_doll
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
There was no clear indication in the game that Tseng ever died. He was wounded and they left him behind. Then you never see him again. Oh well.

Vincent later explains that he saved them.

well if they were tortured so bad that they had blood on their ID cards then why do they look perfect when you see them? i guess they got cure used on them or phoenix down or whatever

Fithos
05-05-2006, 04:04 AM
I remember now, in wauti village (or whatever its called) Elania is yelling at you, accusing you of killing tseng. She really says that tseng is dead and blames you (or maybe it was the snow village) so if the turks thought he was dead, wouldnt he be. I mean according to the movie he loins back up so i cant imagine him waiting so long. unless he crawled to that one nearby village and stayed their till he was completly healed.

now that i think about it, im pretty sure it was the snow village.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 04:17 AM
That's where she said that. :cat:

Of course, the creators can do whatever they want with their characters.

Including giving them a disease after surviving your giant imperial office building of doom being blasted, yep.

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 04:50 AM
Don't worry Lunar has all your answers.

Tseng and Elena are both zombies so they're dead, Aeris is alive, Cloud can fly because of his special boots, Kadaj is a woman pretending to be a man for no reason, Reeve transformed himself into the mechanical cat so that IS him, Tifa and Cloud are engaged and Tifa is pregnant, that isn't Bahamut it's Weapon, Kadaj cries because dust was in his eyes, the magical water is from a broken pipe, and Vincent is a cape wearing a man.

What's all this debate about when I'm here? Was it overload? Yes it was, maybe hmm... ^.^
Be the first to quote me with hostile intentions and win a cookie!

Now why did I come in here again? Where am I anyway

FallenAngel411
05-05-2006, 05:40 AM

Tseng and Elena are both zombies so they're dead, Aeris is alive, Cloud can fly because of his special boots, Kadaj is a woman pretending to be a man for no reason, Reeve transformed himself into the mechanical cat so that IS him, Tifa and Cloud are engaged and Tifa is pregnant, that isn't Bahamut it's Weapon, Kadaj cries because dust was in his eyes, the magical water is from a broken pipe, and Vincent is a cape wearing a man.

What's all this debate about when I'm here? Was it overload? Yes it was, maybe hmm... ^.^

YOU NEWB!!!!!!! Aeris is totally dead duh get over it, Cloud has awesome sexay boots but no magical flying powers, thats just his ultra pumped sexay muscles making him to sexay jumping, Reeve is lame, Kadaj is just gay, Tifa should die, and VINCENT IS THE GOD OF ALL SO SHUT YOUR FACE blah blah blah

Oh, how I want a chocolate chip cookie right now. :cry:

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 05:43 AM

YOU NEWB!!!!!!! Aeris is totally dead duh get over it, Cloud has awesome sexay boots but no magical flying powers, thats just his ultra pumped sexay muscles making him to sexay jumping, Reeve is lame, Kadaj is just gay, Tifa should die, and VINCENT IS THE GOD OF ALL SO SHUT YOUR FACE blah blah blah

Oh, how I want a chocolate chip cookie right now. :cry:

Newbzzorz I'll pwnz JoO w00t 11!!11! etc.

Oh my, let's see... I have chocolate chip! Enjoy *slides Fallen the cookie goodness*

FallenAngel411
05-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Mwahahaha chocolatey goodness in MINE!!!!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!!!! :mwahaha:

(sneaks away before getting scolded for spamming........)