PDA

View Full Version : Grandia

Zeromus_X
05-01-2006, 04:43 AM
I've never played this series, though I am borrowing my friend's copy of Grandia III. So, I'd like to know, has anyone else played this series? How do you think it was? And, are any of the games connected? Or are they like FFs and Seiken where the games aren't really connected but share certain themes?

That's about it. :cat:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-01-2006, 04:45 AM
Moving this to General Gaming Discussion since the series is a Game Arts creation.

LunarWeaver
05-01-2006, 04:50 AM
I own Grandia II and I dabbled in one...

They don't seem to be connected in any important way, and I know that III is stand-alone enough.

My problem with Grandia is the story is always horrible but the battle system is simply awesome. The battle system I wish Final Fantasy would have thought of...sigh.

The characters were pretty stereotypical in II, and people were always hopping in and out of my party, yeesh.

Although I will say the power of development was strong. Stereotypes maybe but they grew on me like a fuzzy pink moss.

Maybe III is different, but I was just impressed enough with II to give III a look but not quite impressed enough to get really excited either.

NeoCracker
05-01-2006, 05:09 AM
I actually thought Grandia II's plot was good. Not spectacular, but still good. A havn't played three much, even though I got it when it came out, and its enjoyable.

DeathKnight
05-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Don't know 'bout Grandia I, but Grandia II is EASILY one of the best RPGs ever made. Fucking great story and characters, great FEEL to it.:tonberry:

Amaru
05-01-2006, 07:38 AM
What?! You guys haven't played Grandia I? It's awesome! The story, the characters, the abilities - it blows II out of the water by miles. I can't say the same for III, since I haven't played it. But seriously, go get I (if you still can) on the Playstation. It's a fantastic game.

~SapphireStar~
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM
I prefer the first Grandia to the others. Justin was an amazing lead character. Grandia 2 was soooo easy for me and Ive completed it 3 times. I havent had a chance to experince the others yet, hopefully G3 will get a UK release.

Craig
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I've played Grandia I and II, they are both really good games. The only thing that annoyed me is that most of the dungeons are like mazes.

Dreddz
05-01-2006, 06:29 PM
The Grandia series is so underrated. I own all three, I like the first the best. Grandia II + III are also pretty damn good.
Grandia one was of my first RPG's, I dunno if that has warped my opinion, but Grandia is one of the best RPG series. Get the first one, you wont regret it.

Levian
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I didn't know III existed. However, I own Grandia and Grandia II. The battle systems are awesome, but the characters talk WAY too much. Same for the NPC's. Too much damned talking, but the story in Grandia was ok, so the talking was bearable because the rest was awesome. However, I agree with Craig. The dungeons are mazes and so is the cities. In Grandia 1 I was a bit afraid to use Mana Eggs, because the characters seemed to leave the game forever one after the other, then I had wasted a mana egg. The talking in Grandia II was unbearable though, the story didn't interest me. Still a great battle system though. Worth playing if you like RPG's.

DeathKnight
05-02-2006, 12:32 AM
I didn't know III existed. However, I own Grandia and Grandia II. The battle systems are awesome, but the characters talk WAY too much. Same for the NPC's. Too much damned talking, but the story in Grandia was ok, so the talking was bearable because the rest was awesome. However, I agree with Craig. The dungeons are mazes and so is the cities. In Grandia 1 I was a bit afraid to use Mana Eggs, because the characters seemed to leave the game forever one after the other, then I had wasted a mana egg. The talking in Grandia II was unbearable though, the story didn't interest me. Still a great battle system though. Worth playing if you like RPG's.

The talking is what makes it great :irked:

I can't believe someone can complain 'cause of something so great.

Eiko Guy
05-02-2006, 04:31 AM
nobody's said a thing about grandia extreme and that game was amazing did it fall off the map or something

~SapphireStar~
05-02-2006, 04:44 PM
nobody's said a thing about grandia extreme and that game was amazing did it fall off the map or something
I have heard about it and purchased a copy version of it, but sadly it didnt work :( It hasnt had a UK release, so I may never play it.

Dreddz
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Grandia Xtreme isnt a very good game, your not missing out.