PDA

View Full Version : some spoliers within about Izlude

dodhungry
05-01-2006, 06:28 AM
OK here is a question that has been on my mind for a while. Is Izlude a good guy or a bad guy? Yes you have to fight him in the underground library and he is on the quest for the stones for Weigraf but in the end or at least his end, Izlude died fighting Weigraf after learning the true nature of the stones. So is he good or bad?

BG-57
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
He's a good guy who happens to be misguided. Like his sister, Meliadoul, he thinks he's fighting for the good of Ivalice. He only learns the truth of the stones and the demons until it's too late. Had he survived, I think he naturally would have gravitated to Ramza's side, as she did.

Does he die by Wiegraf's hand though? I thought it was Vormav who actually slaugtered everyone in the room, his own son included. Although at the time, it was really Hashmallum in the shell of Vormav.

McLovin'
05-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Classis tale of the rogue minion.

dodhungry
05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
oh my bad it was Vormav. so many people to kill during the game so many zodiac monsters. its hard to keep up with them all in every scene sometimes.

Too bad Izlude dose die though cause I think he would have made a much better add than Meliadul.

feioncastor
05-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Too bad Izlude does die though cause I think he would have made a much better add than Meliadul.
Most definitely. Meliadoul < Black Goblin

RedCydranth
05-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Meliadoul wasn't a bad character per se, it was just Orlandu was too good of one. Had Orlandu not been the powerhouse he was, Meliadoul would have been a lot more useful to the party.

Orlandu outshadows Meliadoul because he has all her skills plus Gafgarions and Agrias's. Since the party is only so large, you select Orlandu over Meliadoul every time. If they had given her a better or different skill set, she'd be a beter asset too.

As far as Izlude is concerned, I see him as in the middle. He could have chosen to listen to Meliadoul but he insisted upon siding with Wiegraf and Vormav and ultimately he stayed with them too long.