PDA

View Full Version : New classes

escobert
05-01-2006, 03:12 PM
has anyone yet to party with any or play around witht eh new classes at all? If so how do you liek/disliek them? I REALLY can't wait to have a blue mage.

theundeadhero
05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
I party with all of them at least once a day. I really like the Corsairs in a party for their stat bonus rolls. The greatest thing about them is how far in the game you have to be just to get them so the people that play as them have a good handle on the game and know how to play their role in a party, as opposed to the people who power level to where they are and become totally clueless :(

eternalshiva
05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I've unlocked Corsair and I'm really loving it. I' m only lvl 16 but I like how it's really involved. The quests are actually difficult to get so the people that will have the jobs will need to be experienced in the game. But as I say this, I did help a lvl 32 rdm unlock the job and boy was that a mistake. Everything was DC to me at lvl 75 and she was a nut case wanting refresh everytime it wore because she's never seen it, I died 4 times saving her and all she did was complain I wasn't fast enough. What have I done? XD

valentine
05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
I've unlocked Corsair and I'm really loving it. I' m only lvl 16 but I like how it's really involved. The quests are actually difficult to get so the people that will have the jobs will need to be experienced in the game. But as I say this, I did help a lvl 32 rdm unlock the job and boy was that a mistake. Everything was DC to me at lvl 75 and she was a nut case wanting refresh everytime it wore because she's never seen it, I died 4 times saving her and all she did was complain I wasn't fast enough. What have I done? XD

Really? I didn't hve much trouble with the quests at level 30. All you need is to know what you're doing ahead of time, and make sure to bring a stack of silent oils and prism powders.

Markus. D
05-02-2006, 01:53 AM
I watched a BLU smacking around a few lowbie monsters (maybe Farming?)

it was wow.

Luc
05-02-2006, 02:29 AM
I like Corsair, simply because of their status rolls. Healer's Roll is pretty cool.

zell1990
05-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I partied with a Corsair, Blue Mage and a Puppetmaster last night when i dinged 37, and I have to say I really like the new jobs. The Corsairs rolls are really helpful, namely the Corsairs roll (exp bonus) and the Healers roll (more MP regained while healing). The Blue Mage was managing to MB every SC that s/he could, and the Puppetmaster was doing some decent damage and also used the special moves like the flash one and some other one often. All in all, the new jobs are awesome, and I can't wait to party with more of them.

Miriel
05-03-2006, 10:07 AM
I've only partied with a BLU so far, and he was doing damage to match my BLM and I was getting jealous and stuff. ;_;

Ouch!
05-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I've only partied with a BLU so far, and he was doing damage to match my BLM and I was getting jealous and stuff. ;_;
God forbid there's ever another option that could possibly replace BLM in a party.

Miriel
05-03-2006, 11:11 PM
God forbid there's ever another option that could possibly replace BLM in a party.
I don't care who the BLU replaces as long as they're not replacing me. :p

Vincentsinnerdemon
05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Is it true that puppetmaster makes a good subjob for DRK?:confused:

Ouch!
05-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I was under the impression that under most circumstances pet classes don't offer a whole lot for support jobs.

Vincentsinnerdemon
05-05-2006, 12:51 AM
i just read that it was a good /sub for DRK in another forum.(cant quite remember where)

Ouch!
05-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm really betting against it. I can't see what /PUP would add to any melee. Since I haven't looked into how PUP works, I'm going to assume that it's like SMN in that the automaton's strength will be limited to your sub's level like avatars are. In that case, the automaton wouldn't be able to keep up with the DRK's damage. There are too many other subs for DRK that just make PUP look like a joke.

Vincentsinnerdemon
05-06-2006, 12:13 AM
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=6;mid=1146602671176126799;num=17;page=1
this is where i found it.
its the 3rd post i think.

Ouch!
05-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Wait, you trust the people at Alla?

Rostum
05-06-2006, 01:51 AM
Some guys on Ragnarok already got 75PUP. How lame can you get? Sheesh. Oh well, at least it'll make finding information about PUP a bit more easier.

Vincentsinnerdemon
05-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Wait, you trust the people at Alla?

nope. thats the last thing id do
but i thought it was an interesting subject to see into.