PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with FFX; first battle against Seymor at Macalania Temple.

Chamer
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm really anoyed now.
I have died several times in macalania temple fighting against Seymour...

I have read loads of different walktroughs on that battle, but in every walktrough it says that i shuld use Yuna and here Null spells..

well, my Yuna only got Nul Frost (nullifies one ice attack, i think it was)

I'ts easy to kill the guados in the start of the battle, and I don't have any problems with killing Seymour's grand Aeon (Anima? the one he summons at the stadium where Tidus meets Auron). That part is the easy (i think)
but when Seymour dismiss Anima and start to fight himself i got truble...

i only last for a few attacks before he kills me. i have used Yunas Nul Frost, but since thats all i have i can't defend against the mulitplying attacks with fira/watera/lightning. So all my charaters die at that point..

I need help to get past this one, and i really ned help!

please help me!!!?

i hope for some answers asap :)

tailz
05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
if you only have nullfrost you are way underleveled the nulls are the first abilities you get on the white mage path (at least with the expert sphere grid)

i dont think i can help you here caus i do nt know if the rest of your chars are even underleveld or if you just trained 3 characters to uber level

Chamer
05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
hmm i dont know what level they are supposed to be on..

im not quite shure how i finds out the level (or if im just missunderstands you) but anyways.. tidus as my main character has a HP 1120 and MP 192 and AP 2419..

Yuna is in with seymour so i can't find out what she has..
but i haven't used Yuna so much really.. i'lv mostly used Tidus, Auron and Lulu (<3)..

Tavrobel
05-01-2006, 07:39 PM
He's not underlevled, he just skipped the Nul-Abilities. That AP counter that you have explains how much AP you need until you GET to the NEXT level. The key to the first parts of the game is to have a balance between your characters. Don't be so quick to level up a certain three characters way higher than the others, since it will wreck you by the time you get to Bevelle. And your stats are far too high for my liking...

The thing to do would be either to go back and get the other Null spells (which will be a large hassle, but possible with leveling), or restart a new file (HIGHLY recommended, your characters might be too unbalanced at this point), or train Yuna enough so that she learns either Shell, and/or Reflect (highly improbable, as you did not use her as a prime character, nor is the EXP offered at Macalania sufficient enough to level you easily).

Alternatively, you can re-summon your Aeons, assuming they have their Overdrive bars full. Since by that point, Valefor and Ifrit can do around 3k damage, it should kill him in two hits. If you can, and Yuna survives long enough, add Ixion to the fray. Unfortunately, you will only get one shot per Aeon, so make it count.

Chamer
05-01-2006, 07:50 PM
hmm at this point, making a new save would be the best option i think.
but its quite annoying sinse its the third save i stop at the same place..

how do I make shure that the level on eatch party member is OK in a new game? do i have to use all of them in a battle?

and how do i re-summon the aeons ?
in the battle against Anima atleast three of my aeons die, leaving me with only one aeon against seymour.

Tavrobel
05-01-2006, 07:58 PM
In your new file (if you choose to make one), then make sure everyone is balanced. To make sure of this, it's not that you have to use every character at least once in every battle, it's just that if you fight a battle with three characters, then switch one of them out every once in awhile.

The system I use, is that I update my stats at intervals throughout the game (whenever my characters reach 12 levels). If one character is getting too far ahead of another, then switch that character out for a lower character, and continue from that point.

In the battle with Anima, the key is knowing how to use the Boost and Shield ability, and knowing when to use Diamond Dust. Since Anima switches from Boost and Pain, Boost before he uses Pain, unless your HP is too low to survive an atatck, in which case, Shield. If he has just boosted, and you need more HP, tell Shiva to cast Blizzara against herself.

Be warned, you only have three charges of Blizzara before she runs out of MP, so make every heal and Diamond Dust count. If your bar is full, and Anima has just Boosted, then use Diamond Dust for a nifty 9999. Two hits, and Anima should be gone. After this, Seymour will automatically Banish Shiva.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-01-2006, 07:59 PM
there's no real way of knowing u just sorat get a feel for how high your levels should be. as for levelling al; chars, they only need to do 1 move in a battle to get exp, so u can send em in, press triangle (this wil make them guard and their next turn will come round quicker) then switch em for someone else. i usually kill all the stronger enemies first so there's one weak one left before doing this.

u can revive aeons by checking a save sphere. they also revive after a certain number of battles. this is different for every aeon tho. the stronger they are, the more battles it takes to revive them, i think valefor is like 8 battles n bahamut is like 24!?

as for the fite against seymour, ur hp levels should be around 1500 or so (except rikku cos hers r pants anyway).

Levian
05-01-2006, 08:12 PM
The thing to do would be either to go back and get the other Null spells (which will be a large hassle, but possible with leveling),

This isn't possible because Yuna is not in the party at the moment.

Anyway, this battle is going to be hard as hell without the Nul spells. You made it up to Anima, so maybe you have a chance. Here's some tips.

-Yuna, Wakka and Tidus can talk to Seymour to get stronger.
-Use Kimahri's Stone Breath (if you have it), to kill the Guado guards in the beginning. (To save the Aeons for Anima.)
-If you don't have Kimahri's Stone Breath, you can steal the Guado's potions by using Rikku.
-You have 1 Nul spell, use it.
-Haste on at least Yuna and Auron. Auron should have enough HP to survive Anima's Oblivion. With haste, he can use pheonix down on the others faster.
-Get an overdrive with everyone before starting the battle. Save for Anima or what's left of Seymour after Anima dies.

Yer, that's it. And no, you can't re-summon dead Aeons.

Tavrobel
05-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Ohh, right, she's not there yet.

You can still try the Aeon method, or start over.

ScottNUMBERS
05-01-2006, 09:58 PM
A petrify grenade is a good start.

Don't use your Aeons in the first part of the fight, it may be hard but keep trying untill you manage to beat him without Aeons, you will need them for later.

When against Anima Summon Shiva and get her Overdrive bar full then dismiss her and don't summon her again untill Anima is defeated. Then if you can use the rest of your Aeons to beat Anima. Remember that Aeons such as Ixion and Ifrit can use their own Elemental spells on themselves to replenish lost HP, using that technique it's possible to beat Anima with just one Aeon! Keep Aeons out all the way through this battle as Anima has some attack which are deadly to your party but less deadly to Aeons such as Oblivion (high damage to all) and Pain (Instant Death, Only characters are suspectable to the death effect, Aeons just suffer some minior damage - around 800).

Remember when you charged Shiva's overdrive? Now it comes into play summon the Icy Queen and command her to Diamond Dust seymour to his grave.

I'd also like to note that Shiva is marked ????? and is at the bottom of your Aeon list.

Hope this helps!

Tavrobel
05-01-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure you can get a petrify grenade that early. but if you can, USE IT. The problem with Shiva on Seymour, is that she does not do 9999 to Seymour. I tried it before, she does around the same damage as Ifrit and Ixion, 2.5k. She does in the area of 3.5k, but not much more. I've also attack with Diamond Dust on a turn that wasn't Anima's Boost turn, and she only does 5k-6.7k. Ifrit and Ixion can't do enough to kill Anima in two Overdrives, but Ixion does take less damage from Pain (650, maybe, which is the same heal amount for a Thunder, which doubles how often you can use it). Ifrit takes more damage from Pain, so he's not a viable option, and Anima has a surprisingly high Evasion Rate, which means Ifrit can't rely on Physical attacks.

Levian
05-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Either way, Seymour doesn't have more than 9999 HP after Anima is dead. He's got somewhere around 5000 HP, I think. So it should be a breeze if you've still got Shiva.

Tavrobel
05-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Six thousand HP. Good thing that Yuna and Wakka can raise their Magic Defense, and Tidus can raise his attack.

ScottNUMBERS
05-02-2006, 01:45 PM
You can actually steal petrify grenades from mushroom type creatures (unsure of their name) on the Mushroom Rock Road. I forgot to mention the trick when using one Aeon against Anima is not to use the Aeon in questions overdrive, unless you know for sure it will finish him off. Using Shield when Anima uses Oblivion is not such a bad idea either.

I think (not entirly sure) Anima alternates between Boost and Pain if so, Alternate between Using attack and Shield (Attack when he's going to use Boost, Shield when he uses Pain), and elemental healing when needed.

Even though shiva may not finish him off, it will deal a great deal of damage, if you manage to beat Anima with one Aeon why not try charging two Aeons overdrives before the last part of this battle, that will surely finish Seymour off.

Dell
05-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I leveled up my character by having them all in battle.
Seymour isn't really hard if you know FFX system well.

My strategy: (Have all of your aeons in overdrive!)
First, Switch for all characters for AP.
Use Yuna, Tidus and Auron (Wakka is good but I don't think he's good here).
Switch Tidus with Kimahri or Rikku and use Steal or Stone Breath, the Guado Guardian should be gone by now with your Auron attack.
Switch back for Tidus, have him to Haste the party.
If you don't have NulSpell, then you really have problem but don't fear! you don't need that, I use Reflect on Tidus and Auron making them completely protected by magic. Don't use on Yuna, you'll be stuck with healing and gonna keep relying on healing items to heal her.
Attack him with your Tidus and Auron.
Once he summons Anima, Summon Shiva, keep using Heavenly Strike, if Shiva is low of HP, cast Blizzara on herself to heal. Keep attacking and healing until Anima's HP drop to 9999, At that point, you should be boosting and healing, If Anima's Overdrives is full, SHIELD! Shiva should be in overdrives after this attack, use Diamond Dust to eliminate Anima.
If your Shiva died before Anima, have Lulu to keep using Blizzara/Blizzaga, if Anima's Overdrives is full, summon Valefor to give Energy Ray/Blast then your Valefor will get attacked by Oblivion. You should already kill Anima before she can launch Oblivion again.
And Then, Summon Ifrit and Ixion to give Hellfire and Thor's Hammer for overkill.

Done, hope it help.

crazybayman
05-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Go back to your last save point and level up.

The proceed to open up a can-o-whoopa$$ on the punk.

Chamer
05-02-2006, 06:10 PM

what does that mean?

im just a norwegian, english isn't my way :p hehe

thanks for all the reply :)

Tavrobel
05-02-2006, 08:08 PM

It means "destroy the enemy". In English, it is a common expression, expressing the desire of the kicker to punish the kick-ee (person to be beaten up).

Night_Blade
05-02-2006, 08:09 PM
i beat him easy. well i do know an easy way that DOES require all nul moves. also auron is NOT very useful. rikku is more useful than anyone for the first 5 mins or so. lulu is not much help.

and one thing NEVER EVER use aeons before the battle with anima and if it uses its overdrive on your aeon, just get your aeon on defend. you will take 70 hp damage per hit. well i did. just cause you have a new aeon don't mean it MUST be used.
think before you make your move. i once used haste on the defender rock boss near gagazet and still won.

Levian
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM

what does that mean?

Det betyr å banke dritten ut av noen. :monster:

crazybayman
05-03-2006, 12:54 PM

what does that mean?

thanks for all the reply :)
It means to kick his a$$. Beat him up. Defeat him. KILL HIM. :p

haha.....but yeah, just go back and level up. It's always the easy way out with this game.

Dell
05-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah, just like crazybayman said. Go and train your character. I was like you before, hate to train but love to win, I'm having a hard time passing most of the boss. Luckily, Trio of 9999 save my ass.

I keep training after I get the airship, Monster Arena is the perfect choice, TRAIN AND TRAIN AND TRAIN AND TRAIN, here I am, beat that Nemmy easily.
The hardest choice is the greatest result: That always live with me.

Lastly...
Good Luck to you, Chamer.

Tavrobel
05-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I keep training after I get the airship, Monster Arena is the perfect choice, TRAIN AND TRAIN AND TRAIN AND TRAIN, here I am, beat that Nemmy easily.

I hope you know that this is the first Seymour duel, not the last, so the Arena is not yet an option for several hours of play. Also Yuna is not with the party.

Dell
05-03-2006, 04:00 PM

I hope you know that this is the first Seymour duel, not the last, so the Arena is not yet an option for several hours of play. Also Yuna is not with the party.

I know, I say this to help him/her once he/she get the airship. Read my first paragraph. I agree with crazybayman.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Maybe if you train Yuna before at the entrance of Macalania and get Ixion Ifrit and Valefor at Overdrive you shouldn´t have any reall trouble.

Eliminate the Guados with your party using everyone except Yuna when Seymour summons Anima use one Aeon ( I always choose Ifrit) and use his Overdrive if Ifrit is strong enough he resists Animas atack and destroys it. Then when Seymour is alone you only need to resist is first strike then summon Ixion and use his Ovedrive and should Seymour still stand then summon Valefor to finish him off. If everything goes well you will defeat it easily.

cid highwind
05-19-2006, 06:43 PM
have overdrive on all of your characters wakkas aurons and lulus was enough for me to kill him

Sergeant Hartman
05-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Happened to me, but guess what I did?

Train.

rubah
05-20-2006, 12:41 AM
I reccomend Mixing, if you managed to steal any of these items(and if you didn't, shame on you for not):

Potion + Bomb Fragment = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Bomb Core = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Fire Gem = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Electro Marble = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Lightning Marble = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Lightning Gem = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Fish Scale = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Dragon Scale = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Water Gem = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Antarctic Wind = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Arctic Wind = Nul-All (SPECIAL)
Potion + Ice Gem = Nul-All (SPECIAL)

Eiko Guy
05-20-2006, 05:24 PM
my method is easiest since you can get through the first two when your fighting solo seymour have rikku throw 60,000 gil at him for a one hit kill

Remon
05-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Have Tidus cast Haste or rikku use chocobos sruff on the party.Then cast Slow on Seymour.U should have enough time to cast the null spells.If You have shell or reflect use it.
The guados can easily be beaten by stealing their hi potion with rikku and so they won't use auto potion.Also when he summons Anima Quickly summon ???? which is Shiva.When Anima uses Pain Have Shiva use Blizzard or Blizzara on herself.If anima uses boost then attack him.i've tried it and Anima never used Oblivion.

TheSpoonyBard
05-20-2006, 08:38 PM
my method is easiest since you can get through the first two when your fighting solo seymour have rikku throw 60,000 gil at him for a one hit kill
Spare Change has a 9,999 damage cap.

Remon
05-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Using Spare change is not a good idea.That way you loose money for yojimbo!
the first seymour is easy,you'll have more trouble in mt.gagazet

Neo_Bahamut
05-20-2006, 10:02 PM
I had some trouble with him too, but I was in a NSG challenge...
I used Ixion to finish off Anima, but before I used nul-tide, cuz when he dismisses anima he uses watera(on ixion). So I recomend u to use an Aeon and then unleash his overdrive, and if that's not enought use a powerfull mix...