PDA

View Full Version : Confusing face!

Rye
05-02-2006, 12:20 AM
I was bored, so I decided to watch some videos on Youtube. I decided to look up sweetbox. Is it just me, or does Jade look different in EVERY SINGLE VIDEO. In one she looks asian, in another she looks white, in another she looks black, in another she looks latin, in another she looks like Janet Jackson, in another she looks like Kelly Clarkson. It's so confusing. Does anyone know what ethnicity she is, or is she just using massive amounts of make up? This is puzzling me.

Tavrobel
05-02-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty sure she's Asian. I could be wrong, but I guess a Google search would reveal the truth.

Jade Valerie Villalon or Jade from Sweetbox, more commonly known as Jade, is the singer for the pop group Sweetbox.
She was born on August 12, 1980 in San Diego, California and was raised in Japan from the age of three. She did her first commercial in Japan as a child for a Ramen noodle company.
Jade first entered the music world when she joined the band Gemstone which also starred Christina Vidal. After Gemstone broke up she entered Sweetbox.
Jade is best known in the western world by video game players as the singer for the English release of Final Fantasy X-2. She performed the songs "Real Emotion" and "1000 Words". (Kumi Koda was the singer for the Japanese version).
Jade's first major audition was at the age of seven for the Broadway Musical, Gypsy. At the age of seventeen Jade guest-starred as Melanie, a teenager in a camp for HIV-positive teenagers, in the television program "Touched by an Angel" (Episode 70: The Pact). Jade has also appeared in various music videos for popular artists- most notably in TLC's music video, “Unpretty”. She moved to Los Angeles, California at the age of 18.
After her huge success in music and acting she moved to Germany for a short period and fell in love with the country and bought herself a home there.
Jade owns homes in Japan, San Diego and Germany and she enjoys flying between her homes during concerts and tours.
Tina Harris was her predecessor as the lead vocalist of Sweetbox.