PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X & Neverwinter Nights

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Has anybody here noticed that the symbol of the Zanarkand Abes from Final Fantasy X and the Neverwinter Nights logo are both in the shape of a diamond?

Edit-

Tavrobel
05-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Not really. The "F" that is used in the logos are a very familiar form of text, especially since the text available is choosable in MS Word. Everyone uses it, so it's not surprising that it would be recognizable. I can't really tell, but the "F" that is used in the FF logos is either Courier New, or Times New Roman (West).

TNRw is the standard used by Word 2k, and 2k3. Before that, TNRw was selectable as shortcut in the top of the screen, but was not the standard preset. Courier New was also commonly used back in the day, and until Word 2k, was shortcutted at the top of the text selection Bar. This has changed to Arial, Arial Narrow, TNRw, and Verdana.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2006, 02:07 AM
No offense but do you know which "F" I'm talking about? I'm talking about the medallion around Tidus's neck and the "F" that's in the backround when you're fighting Jecht.

Edit-

Tavrobel
05-02-2006, 02:28 AM
It's not an F, it's the Symbol of the Zanarkand Abes, which isn't a letter at all. That's why I didn't consider it. The "F" that is used in Spiran writing is also very curlicued and barely recognizable (if it's used at all).

Jecht is how it is spelled.

Shaun_lawless
05-02-2006, 04:23 AM
the letter on the abes uniform is a J

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Oh that symbol isn't a "F"? I thought it was from my point of view that symbol looked like a fancy "F".

Renmiri
05-02-2006, 05:42 AM
the letter on the abes uniform is a J
J for Jecht

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/ABES4.jpg

I posted a pic with all team logos at Wikipedia
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2a/BLITZLE2.jpg/250px-BLITZLE2.jpg

Little Blue
05-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Any chance of a link or something so those who haven't seen or can't be bothered to google Neverwinter Nights (such as myself) can actually see what you're talking about?

Also, the Abes logo is just a logo... There's nothing special about it at all.

J for Jecht
I doubt that... It bears no resemblance to the letter J in any Spiran script, and also if you consider that Tidus has a pendant that bears the Abes logo, if it was a J for Jecht, I doubt Tidus would wear it considering his dislike for his father...

IceAngel
05-02-2006, 01:49 PM
I would have thought that if it were a symbol for the Abes it would have made sense fir it to be a Z or something. Just looks like a cool shape to me though (shrugs)