PDA

View Full Version : Jade Empire

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2006, 04:44 AM
What do you think of Jade Empire? I like it my favorite part about Jade is that you can take evasive action. When an enemy attacks you can roll or back flip out of the way.YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON KOTOR!!!:D The only thing that I didn't like about Jade is that the story was too short and the loading time was too long.

kikimm
05-02-2006, 05:46 AM
Yeah, the load times are pretty annoying. But the game is just so gorgeous. I think that's what I like most about it. :D Which is too bad. But I can't stop staring, it's great. I do enjoy how many paths you can take, though. That's always fun. It's lacking something big, though; but I just can't put my finger on it. I'll think of it later.

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2006, 06:03 AM
I will tell you what this game was missing. It was missing the free-form go where you want to go forumal that makes all of their games so great. It had its freedom but it was no where near that of KotoR.

Starting village, Second Village, Imerial City, Emperor's Palace, Dirge, Palace again.

I could go back to the other areas if I wanted but there was really no point in doing so. I could see it getting linear near the end of the game for story purposes as KotoR did...but it was too linear the whole time. I didn't really feel there was a big mystical version of China to explore.

Fun game but that was the big flaw that I saw.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Yeah hopefully Bioware will fix that flaw if they make Jade Empire 2 on the X-Box 360. My favorite character in Jade Empire is Silk Fox. I know that she is a fictional character, that consists of pixels and voice overs but...DAMN SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!:D

~SapphireStar~
05-02-2006, 11:39 AM
I couldnt finish it. I completed the first boss battle (it involved a boat!) and suddenly the game forze. I was so annoyed, so I havent touched it since and that was the day of its release.

Rase
05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
I really liked the battles in this game, and the way you could upgrade your character and his/her skills. However, I do wish it was either much longer, or at least more open. Still, I regularly replay it with a different strategy, and it remains pretty fun.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Which ending do you guys like Neutral,Open Palm, or Closed Fist? For me it's a tie between the Open Palm and the Closed Fist endings. I liked it when the crowd cheered for me but...I liked the Closed Fist theme song better than the Main theme song.:D