PDA

View Full Version : The Battle between stupid and more stupid...

yingyang
05-02-2006, 05:34 AM
Alright... here's what the newest headline in the news that's making me go wtf..

Have you heard about the battle between Mexicans wanting to have the American National Anthem in Spanish? And the people that say they should learn it in English in order to be patriotic. The same people who say they should go back to Mexico.

Technically, the only people that should be discussing this is the Native Americans. The rest are all purely immigrants. Yet still, the people who immigrated here two hundred years ago insist on sending these people back.

However, the Mexican immigrants are defending their side oddly as well. I read that they think the American's want ALL the mexicans to go back to Mexico, when what I think they're wanting is for the illegal immigrants to go back to Mexico.

I don't really have a side between immigration, but I thought you know, maybe they were just pointing out that if we put it in Spanish it would help them to comprehend the national anthem. I don't even say the anthem anymore anyhow. If they want to, by all means, go right ahead.

Is it just me, or is America over reacting (yet again) to a few words?

Zeromus_X
05-02-2006, 06:21 AM
...It isn't just Mexicans that immigrate here. There are alot of other countries too. :cat:

Regarding the anthem, I heard about this awhile ago, and wasn't sure if it was true. Basically, I don't really care what they do. It seems pretty unnecessary, but I wouldn't care if it did happen.

Oh well, humans are stupid and ignorant. :cat: :)

Shlup
05-02-2006, 06:25 AM
You're making entirely too many generalizations. Who you're hearing these things from don't speak for everyone.

eestlinc
05-02-2006, 06:29 AM
if translating the national anthem was the biggest hurdle to improving US immigration policy, we'd be all set.

However, I will say that the US already has much better immigration policy than most of the industrialized world.

theundeadhero
05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
So tell me, who started immigrating here 200 years ago that hadn't already been immigrating here hundreds of years before and is important in this decision?

Gh["]sT
05-02-2006, 11:36 AM
i dont think it is rite that peoplw get to choose where people should live which ever country i think people should be able to live where they like i wish this whole world was liberated from politics there just men in suits i would knock them all out if i had half the chance plus LIVE ON FOR THE FREE WORLD wooooooooooooooooo whooooooooooooooooo:D

eestlinc
05-02-2006, 06:44 PM
by the way, the US government <a href=http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/02/spanish-anthem/>commissioned a spanish language version of the anthem in 1919</a>.

Yamaneko
05-02-2006, 06:51 PM
People just like to complain, then again, what the hell is the point in having it "translated" (a lot has been altered and butchered) into Spanish? Regardless of how the United States aquired territory over the past 200 plus years, people in this country should speak English. It has nothing to do with nationalism, at least from my perspective; it just makes life easier for everyone.

zanias
05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
i actually heard that the illegal aliens.. mexicans.. are trying to fight for civil rights.. i just heard that at my job.. some guy, started making signs, he was sayin that, one would say "your doin the right thing, but in the wrong country" and stuff like that

I don't even say the anthem anymore anyhow. If they want to, by all means, go right ahead.

i just read this.. but, the national anthem, is the song that we sing.. you dont say it.. i think you were thinkin of the pledge of allegence >> anywho, our spanish teacher was just talkin about that in class today, she said it was funny cuz, every day that we have spanish in the morning, we say the pledge in spanish.... well.. she does

escobert
05-02-2006, 07:12 PM
OK the reason people don't liek this new anthem is becasue they changed some words to make it represent the latinos in america, something about letting ther people be free and stand up or something. I read about it in the paper a few days ago.

Tainted Angel
05-05-2006, 12:29 AM
First off, British art students from London are pieces of shxte and their 'art' needs to be cleansed with nuklear fire. Too bad about London. :p

Second, I don't like latino's taking over the lcoal culture (ploygot) and making 'communties' tahwhich are machevillian in nature. (go read 'The Prnce' when it talks of colonuiizing another nation). As you see with Islamist immigrants in europe, communties of people other than your own are mostly harmful

I'm of the mind that they needc to either fill out the immigration papars, with a risk of being kicked out, or need to be shipped back as the amercian legal syste comes across thenm for other reasons.

Continuing... go take a look at Yahoo news, they posted a article about Gutamelian immigrants trying to use Mexico as a access to amercia. (Cached on google : linky (http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:urc0BNVLCfgJ:news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060418/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/mexico_mistreating_migrants+Yahoo+news,+mexico,+illegal+immigration&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a))

If only the LAPD could do that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif with getting a revolution.... would make me want to become a cop. :drevil:

~SapphireStar~
05-05-2006, 12:58 AM
First off, British art students from London are pieces of shxte and their 'art' needs to be cleansed with nuklear fire. Too bad about London.
What do London art students have to do with this subject?

GhandiOwnsYou
05-06-2006, 08:14 AM
absolutely nothing, evidentally.

My stance is this. I have no problem with people of any race, creed, religion, nationality, color, sex, or sexual orientation. what i do have a problem with, is people marching down the street in full on riteous glory, because illegal immigrants are being treated unfairly. There is a key word here people. ILLEGAL immigrants. if you and your family decide to cruise over from mexico on a bus, get your papers cleared, and work in america, props to ya. If you hop the fence with your kid, and expect him to get FAFSA support for college because you two were athletic and sneaky enough to get past the border guards? forget that crap. I pay taxes for a reason, to help myself and other lawful citizens enjoy the benefits of this society. i don't pay taxes for somebody to swim the rio grande and claim welfare, because we are the "land of oppurtunity."

I see no difference between the mentality that the US govt. should help ILLEGAL immigrants, and the idea that since my neighbor is rich, it's cool for me to jump his fence, go in his house, and make myself a latte to enjoy in his jacuzzi. I'd be arrested for that, Illegal immigrants should be deported for the same act.

nik0tine
05-06-2006, 08:58 AM
If you live in an English speaking country you need to fucking learn English. The rest of the country should not have to cater to you.

And speaking of ridiculous political stuff, have you guys heard of abortion?

Levian
05-06-2006, 12:07 PM
The viking Leif Erikson discovered America way before Columbus did. I demand we get the anthem translated to Norwegian.