PDA

View Full Version : I died in a car crash pt 2: freebies

Peegee
05-02-2006, 10:58 AM
http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/54111/alt.jpg

http://globetrotter.auto123.com/ArtImages/54310/alternate.jpg

Except it's a four-door and silver. I think it's a four door. I should actually pay attention.

So I'm doing physiotherapy (it's really just an hour on the electrostimulator thing) and they let me drive a 2006 Pontiac Pursuit until then. Only 400 KM on the vehicle. Yay :)

I've never rented/driven a rental car. If my parents get a rental they drive it. Is it worth it? Like to impress a date until she sees the sticker on the bumper? :D

Samuraid
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Are you asking about getting rental cars and whether such an idea is good? I guess it completely depends.

Leeza
05-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes, PG. You're as clear as mud as usual. :)

I've never driven a rental car myself as I've never had the need to rent one. I guess it's a good way to test drive some new models though if you're looking at purchasing a new car. :)

Trying to impress a date with a rental sticker is not very impressive though. :)

SammieBabe
05-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I've rented a car twice and it was cool. Down here our rentals don't have a sticker on the bumper so it's easier to pass it off as yours. I found that out when renting a Cadillac...:D

RPJesus
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I've rented cars a few times, but they're quite expensive. Keeping fuel is annoying, too. I don't know if it's worth it. I mean, the Dollet cars are humunculous! Galbadia's aren't so bad, but by the time you get Ragnarok, you're a lot better off with it anyway. It has a catchy theme tune!

Yamaneko
05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
When you can rent a car you finally know you're a geezer.

Peegee
05-03-2006, 03:38 AM
When you can rent a car you finally know you're a geezer.

...having a driver's license and being of legal age is the requirement :)

eestlinc
05-03-2006, 05:26 AM
in the US it's hard to rent a car before you are 25. it's possible but they usually charge you a huge extra surcharge, but then I got rearended when I was 24 and I got a free rental for the two weeks that my car was in the shop getting fixed. It was a Chevy Cavalier which is pretty bare bones, but it was kind of cool to get a free rental car, and everyone was so nice. (i mean the people at the rental car place)

I hope I get in more car wrecks!

fire_of_avalon
05-03-2006, 06:40 AM
in the US it's hard to rent a car before you are 25. it's possible but they usually charge you a huge extra surcharge, but then I got rearended when I was 24 and I got a free rental for the two weeks that my car was in the shop getting fixed. It was a Chevy Cavalier which is pretty bare bones, but it was kind of cool to get a free rental car, and everyone was so nice. (i mean the people at the rental car place)

I hope I get in more car wrecks!
Okay funny story, I dri(o)ve a Cavalier and when I got it I named it and I named it Mississippi BAREBONES. Crazy.

My friend Erin got to drive a Toyota Solara around for three weeks when she wrecked her... third car? And that was pretty awesome. My sister just wrecked our car, so I'm wondering if our insurance covers a rental, but probably not since it was her fault. Someone explain that to me, please?

Shaun
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
I'd get a car myself, but I'd be spending a quarter of my year's job earnings on the insurance at this age, or maybe more. There's no point. I can see why preps would want cars, but not me.

eestlinc
05-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Okay funny story, I dri(o)ve a Cavalier and when I got it I named it and I named it Mississippi BAREBONES. Crazy.
see we are like meant for each other xD

My friend Erin got to drive a Toyota Solara around for three weeks when she wrecked her... third car? And that was pretty awesome. My sister just wrecked our car, so I'm wondering if our insurance covers a rental, but probably not since it was her fault. Someone explain that to me, please?
Depends on what kind of coverage you have. Assuming you have collision coverage and it's totalled they'll probably just cut you a check for the value of the car and leave you to buy a new car. And then they'll jack up your premiums, or just refuse to let your sister be on the policy.