PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots, and my own thoughts on this game

Reine
05-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Okay, I just found this site with these screenshots for the upcoming FFIII DS

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/ff3/0427/index.htm

And I must say, wow!

I see that it wont be too different at all, although I would still like a GBA version though, thats 100% true to the original (Well, Origins style graphics of course)

I recognise a lot of placs there, like the Bahamut mountain and Cannan (Is that that towns name? Cid's home town) and the characters fighting Nepto out in the ocean (I assume), and also the fire cave where that Fire crystal is

Its funny how they kept the "red number damage" thing..

Theyve also changed it to two girls and two guys now for the four kids. I love the artwork, its like Tactics and Tactics Advance

But the title...that guy looks like Firion (Then again, Amano uses the Firion design a LOT it seems)

Anyway, now my interest in this game has gone up by 200%, and I will make sure I get a DS so I can play this. Before I was thinking about actually skipping this version...

Crossblades
05-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Theyve also changed it to two girls and two guys now for the four kids. I love the artwork, its like Tactics and Tactics Advance

It's been confirmed as 3 guys and a girl

Reine
05-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Looked like two girls to me..oh well

Hayabusa
05-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Look close, one of the guys is just REALLY REALLY pretty. Next to the white mage girl to the right - in that picture. :)

Evastio
05-04-2006, 11:55 PM

What site says that? Could you link us to it?

valentine
05-05-2006, 05:28 AM

What site says that? Could you link us to it?

Only if you can speak Japanese...

Cid Vicious
05-06-2006, 09:15 AM
This game looks awesome.

When is it out in Europe.

FF_Chick
05-06-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm guessing the U.S. will get it in Fall or Winter, maybe Europe will get it this Winter or spring of next year.

Here for the people who want to read this. Its rough translation:

{SPOILER!}

'As for the story of FF III' of Family Computer edition, 4 people of the protagonist, start from the place where the cave which is in order to do courage trial is searched. When the crystal is with an inner part of the cave, 4 people get near, from the crystal “you were chosen”, suddenly that it receives word, can be wrapped 4 people in light. The protagonist which receives power from the crystal to inform the separation to the village which grows, because it goes on a journey in order to seal the power of the darkness it was.

At that time attendant upon being transplanted in [nintendo] DS, most non personality, in 4 people who the character only are not, the personality attaching wound it was done one by one. 4 people become the boy 3 person and the girl 1 person, means to appear in the traveling of venture with the respective reason.

This time is released one person who “[runesu]”. As an orphan, it is the Ur senior and you raise in [topapa] which has become the foster father. The fair-hair the boy who with rear has been tied in one. Character being curiosity excellent, is the owner of forward thought, but there is also about it has come out a little. Being supported around, the leader type which shows power.

In [nintendo] DS edition, the episode which is not is added by the Family Computer edition which is original edition, '' “the importance on the story of FF III re-constructs the world view which ties the keyword “of the world “[zande]” of the world darkness “of crystal”” light” “floating continent” and so on

Reine
05-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Okay, thats kinda disturbing...esecially since I thought "she" was kind of cute -_-

The first time in a video game that ive confused a male with a female..

The names the thought of for the kids are quite interesting actually, they sound kind of "Norse" to me (Freyg, Luneth etc)

sephiroth45
05-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Wow i've never seen these screenshots before!

Now I wish i had a DS and not a PSP! Ive always liked the original SNES games and making it 3D, SE are geniuses!

Reine
05-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah, after seeing this, im determined to get me a DS..a Lite of course

Sjorn
05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Has it been released in Japan yet? ... If so, Europe may get it this year.

It's not fair that Europe gets everything last... :mad:

Crossblades
05-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Has it been released in Japan yet? ... If so, Europe may get it this year.

Japan is going to release it in Summer of this year