PDA

View Full Version : Why so Popular? - NOT a Bash Thread :P

Kalinda
05-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Hey,

So I just the saw AC the day after I beat FFVII.. and boy, it was such a disappointment. Grant it, it entertained me.. but I felt like the plot took a backseat to the fighting and that it could've been soooo much better.. >.<

With that said, I'm not really here to bash it.. I just noticed that it seems to be incredibly popular among FF fans, probably mostly FFVII fans. What is it about the movie that makes it so great for you all, then?

I hear the story is hidden away amid symnbolism and cryptic stuff (like the Sephy vs Cloud fight).. none of which made any sense to me when someone tried to explain it after informing me I was crazy.

I really wanted to like it... did I miss something?

Or perhaps it's no more then a simple difference of opinion, much like I love FFX2 and most fans hate it.

I wonder...

Winter Nights
05-02-2006, 04:18 PM
A difference of opinion.. Nothing more.

BlackWaltz
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
The film is just nostalgia for us FFVII, it didnt matter what happened, as soon as that entry music started playing with red XIII running, i was instantly grabbed by the balls :D

LunarWeaver
05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Just look at is a really long ending to the game... It's just the story continuing.

I'd prefer to have the battle sequences then not have them.

And I enjoy the world and characters. Given the choice to see it continued or to not have the movie, I would much rather have the movie then nothing.

I guess if you no likey, that's that though.

Dreddz
05-02-2006, 05:20 PM
I too was disappointed, your not alone. The English dub ruined the feel as well.

morning_star
05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
i was hoping for more in depth . and like , alot of side stories and some really good flashbacks.

i was even hoping for a new "aeris" death scene, like updated.

Kalinda
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Hehe... Well, I watched it in Japanese with subs because I'm a crazy anime purist =D

Anyway, I guess that's that then >_< I may watch it again in future and see what I think. I did like the battles.. it just got tiresome after a while.. espeically into the second half, except the Cloud/Sephy fight.

Ah, well, I guess ya can't have everything.

Amaru
05-02-2006, 08:26 PM
i was even hoping for a new "aeris" death scene, like updated.

Well, there was a small snippit of that scene, during Marlene's recap of events.

lady yunalesca
05-02-2006, 08:57 PM
it was a fan service and not alot more!! there was a definite story line (but really only relevant to ff7 fans). the main thing is (as mentioned before) it was a little nostalgia for us! :)

kikimm
05-09-2006, 03:35 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83857