PDA

View Full Version : The Raconteurs

Rye
05-02-2006, 08:34 PM
This a side band Jack White of The White Stripes joined. And if the rest of their music is as good as their single "Steady As She Goes" is, they blow The White Stripes out of the water, in my opinion. I love their single and I love this side of Jack White, especially his voice. :)

What do you think of them?

ZeZipster
05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah he is pretty awesome. I didn't think music got any catchier than The White Stripes...

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-02-2006, 09:00 PM
I liked Steady as She goes. I haven't hear dnaything else by them, so I can't really give an honest opinion about 'em. My problem with the White Strips is that while they have some absolutly amazing songs, the rest are utter crap. There's really no in between.

Rye
05-02-2006, 09:03 PM
My problem with the White Strips is that while they have some absolutly amazing songs, the rest are utter crap. There's really no in between.

I feel the exact same way. If they would have some decent songs and their amazing songs, I'd love them, but their albums are of 2 or 3 amazing songs, and the rest are just awful.

Cz
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I really need to get this album. Considering that the last White Stripes album was rather a disappointment, it'll be interesting to see how this record measures up, particularly as the lead-off single is so great. Not sure where all of this White Stripes-hating is comnig from, though. White Blood Cells and Elephant are two awesome albums. :D

eestlinc
05-03-2006, 06:54 PM
i liked the latest WS album! Haven't listened to the Raconteurs yet though.