PDA

View Full Version : FF7 and the PS3 remake.

Slim
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Does anyone worry that a lot of the charm from the current/older game's charm will be lost in translation with the PS3 remake? For example, I think that if the background music is changed/updated it will lose a lot of its value to me. I like the way it is already. Also, if they were to change the battle system into something like FFX or X-2 I would be upset. The Materia is a whole new story! (Although, that could use a little update...) I just feel that the game will lose too much in the remake.

Levian
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
There's a PS3 remake?

Jessweeee♪
05-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Is this about the stupid tech demo again?!
:eep:

Slim
05-02-2006, 11:25 PM
No, this is about the FF7 remake releasing with the PS3.

Lynx
05-02-2006, 11:27 PM
who said there will be a remake?

Slim
05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
I do. A guy that comes into my work has his on backorder already. I WORK AT A VIDEO GAME STORE PEOPLE!

theundeadhero
05-02-2006, 11:41 PM
How can it be on backorder when it's not even out yet? Can you post any links that confirm this remake is being made?

Levian
05-02-2006, 11:55 PM
You really should do your research if you work in a video game store.

LunarWeaver
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
I hate to go popping everybody's dream bubbles but no remake is planned, started on, or -currently- being considered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_technical_demo

Seems Square can say a million times that no remake is being made and everybody believes they know more about the company then the company itself. Kind of like Tseng being alive in the movie and everybody still saying he's dead. The denial of fanboys is a powerful resource.

Dreddz
05-03-2006, 12:08 AM
haha all wrong. There will be a remake of FFVII, its not being made at the moment, and it probably wont be made for a long time. Tetsuya Nomura has said that when all his projects are finished, he will remake FFVII.

LunarWeaver
05-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Thus -currently- getting special attention.

Slim
05-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh, ok, well like I said, this is what I heard from a customer. Quite frankly, I'm glad they aren't making a remake.

LunarWeaver
05-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Oh, ok, well like I said, this is what I heard from a customer. Quite frankly, I'm glad they aren't making a remake.

Don't trust customers they're injected with evil. They'll only try and make your job hard >_<.

Right now I'm too busy asking for a re-release of the original to consider a remake... I need to replace my game damnit.

Dreddz
05-03-2006, 12:23 AM
But They Are ! (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143672&did=1)

LunarWeaver
05-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Ok here we go:

Kitase said he is currently busy with too many projects to do a remake, though he would love to get together the old team and handle a remake project. However, due to being too busy, the game taking a staff of over 300, and an estimated 7 years to make, Square-Enix is currently not making a remake nor do they currently have plans to. However, if it was going to be made, it would have to be very far in the future.

This means maybe in 10 years, but as of now, nothing is being made or done about it, and since it is possible it may never be done, they are not making one until they say they are. Square-Enix knows more about these things then all of us do.

Dreddz
05-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I didnt say the game was being done any minute. I know its going to take along time, but seeing as they want it to be made, at one point when all there projects are done, Im sure they will gather alot of people and hunker down with the game.

LunarWeaver
05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
I didnt say the game was being done any minute. I know its going to take along time, but seeing as they want it to be made, at one point when all there projects are done, Im sure they will gather alot of people and hunker down with the game.

I hope so! If he doesn't make a remake eventually, I'll have to find him and show him what's what :shoot:

Slim
05-03-2006, 12:49 AM
I would have to say that in the future it will probably be easier to make.

nirojan
05-03-2006, 02:32 AM
OK THE REMAKE IS BEING MADE LATER ON!!
WE ALL KNOW THAT, NOW THIS THREAD LOST IT'S POINT
SOMEBODY CLOSE IT!! IT'S PUTTING UP NON-SENSE ON EOFF!!
RIGHT WHEN I SAW THIS THREAD I KNEW THIS WAS A MISTAKE!!
(even though i got a lil excited)

Kavliari
05-04-2006, 05:23 AM
Mad /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, been hoping they would remake ff7, when I saw the tech demo I thought immediately that they were going to do a remake. Then my excitement was diluted when they said they weren't :( I don't care how long it takes, just as long as they do it right. Oh and nirojan get over it man, people are entitled to post whatever they want about this topic. After all the title of the topic does say ff7 remake on ps3, so how has the thread lost it's point just because we've found out it's going to be made in the near future?? We can still talk about how cool it's going to be :D :D :D !!

Kavliari
05-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Lets just hope they save Aeris in this one aye !! :D

Zeromus_X
05-04-2006, 05:26 AM
It'd be cool if Uematsu went and composed an orchestrated version of the soundtrack, I'd actually get it just for that. (If it comes out, in fantasy-land.) :cat:

LunarWeaver
05-04-2006, 05:33 AM
It'd be cool if Uematsu went and composed an orchestrated version of the soundtrack, I'd actually get it just for that. (If it comes out, in fantasy-land.) :cat:

What is Uematsu up to do these days? Hmm he keeps composing with 3-4 other people. Maybe all 110 + OST's 43 of Final Fantasy IX's songs finally cracked him.

I would buy this too though, just to hear the music non-crappitized. Though I guess they'd probly use their fancy pants synth technology the Kingdom Hearts 2 booklet brags all about.

I'd also buy it just for the sexy Advent Children-style CG goodness. Square makes Pixar look like the kiddie pool. That and to see Tifa smack the minx out of Scarlet (?...been a while) on that cannon without all the chibi-model in the way. FF7 was responsible for America's lesbian obsession with that one scene after all. It's historical!

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2006, 11:16 PM
He said he would LIKE to. He didn't say it was underway.
If they did that, then it would just be too much

Nick Schovitz
05-04-2006, 11:43 PM
oh no I hope this is a lie because I don't want to have to go through people talking about VII remake when I hate VII anyway.

dirkdirden
05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I think it would be better to make a alternet game. Like playing as Zack, Rufus, Turks, or even Sepheroth.

They did a very smart move makeing the tech demo of FF7 the buzz of a remake is EVERY ware and it is giveing sony a ton of attention, which in the end will result in a remake. Very smart marketing plan.

Nick Schovitz
05-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey howcome they didn't do the remake for VIII then when they had a tech demo for it AND VI !?

Slim
05-05-2006, 01:38 AM
Because tech demos are no hint towards a remake. It is just the showing off of the capabilities of a system.

Desert Merchant
05-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Ok here we go:

Kitase said he is currently busy with too many projects to do a remake, though he would love to get together the old team and handle a remake project. However, due to being too busy, the game taking a staff of over 300, and an estimated 7 years to make, Square-Enix is currently not making a remake nor do they currently have plans to. However, if it was going to be made, it would have to be very far in the future.

This means maybe in 10 years, but as of now, nothing is being made or done about it, and since it is possible it may never be done, they are not making one until they say they are. Square-Enix knows more about these things then all of us do.

how can they say it will take 7 years to make a game that would be like saying it should have taken 7 years to make any game for the ps3 not to mention they already have the story and the whole game made all they need to do is update the graphics, there is no way in hell that will take 7 years when they are currently making new games with brand new everything in less than 1 year

Loony BoB
05-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Talking about a remake of FFVII now is like talking about an Final Fantasy III remake in 1992. Maybe they will someday make it but seriously, it's so far away, who cares? Does anyone worry about FFIII losing it's charm when it's going to be released soon? There was a 16 year gap between the original release of FFIII and this year, when it's (I believe) due to appear in 3D for a Nintendo DS release.

1990 - FFIII is released.
2006 - FFIII remake will likely be released.

That's a 16 year gap, people. With FFVII released in 1997, that means if they have the same length of time before remake, it'll be 2013 when it happens. We still have seven years to go. Don't freak out about it now.

In reply to the person who asked what Uematsu is up to, he's now working with Mistwalker, not Square-Enix. He works alongside many other well known names in their development studio. Other than that, he does the odd concert with the Black Mages, of course.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-05-2006, 03:28 PM
ok so ten year rite? see u guys in 2016, it will probly be ps5 then tho? :D

starseeker
05-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Probably the PS4 in my opinion.

Slim
05-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Ok here we go:

how can they say it will take 7 years to make a game that would be like saying it should have taken 7 years to make any game for the ps3 not to mention they already have the story and the whole game made all they need to do is update the graphics, there is no way in hell that will take 7 years when they are currently making new games with brand new everything in less than 1 year

Very good point....

dirkdirden
05-05-2006, 08:58 PM
It took about 4 years to make the FF7.

Updateing graphics isn't an easy task becuase with the updated graphics will also have to re program the intire game. I could take 7 years to make a "close to perfect" remake. They could just slap better graphics on it and have it out in 3 years but if they are going to remake this game they are going to make it as good as humanly possable.

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Ok here we go:

"Due to current projects... Take 7 years..."

There ya go

klipkloper
05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
there will be a remake
fights will be the same as ff XII (i hate the fights in that game)

btw its about the hotness of sephy:D

they are working on alot
and voice acting takes alot of work
bonus disk showed tifa's actor saying the same thing like 50 times so it will take long, but 7 years
god i'd think like 3-4 years
worth the wait to see sephy kill Aerith
or sephy killing her on a chocobo :choc: <3 :choc:

Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead. - Miriel

TheKolkster
05-07-2006, 08:16 AM
My guess is that the Final Fantasy VII remake will be released in the fall of 2007 in celebration of its 10th anniversary. And at this years E3, there going to show us an updated version of what we saw last year cause remember last year they said it wasn't the best they could do.

KH-Cloudy
05-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I bet the remake will be in 2010 Not 2007..1 YEAR I mean come on they cant do all that in 1 yr

Crossblades
05-07-2006, 05:52 PM
there will be a remake
fights will be the same as ff XII (i hate the fights in that game)

btw its about the hotness of sephy:D

Unless I see proof I'm not believing that

Slim
05-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Proof, Indeed.

TheKolkster
05-07-2006, 08:20 PM
I bet the remake will be in 2010 Not 2007..1 YEAR I mean come on they cant do all that in 1 yr

Who said anything about one year? Just becasuse they said there not currently working on it doesn't mean there not. They probably started production last year.

CrossBlades: It's already been reported several times that the Final Fantasy VII remake will use the Final Fantasy XII battle system.

Crossblades
05-07-2006, 11:29 PM
CrossBlades: It's already been reported several times that the Final Fantasy VII remake will use the Final Fantasy XII battle system.

Proof?

Duncan1234
05-08-2006, 07:42 AM

Once again, source's / proof?

Im pretty sure there not working on a remake atm, whether or not they will remake it is a matter for discussion...

And what battle system they use will probably not have even been dreamt about! They should stick to the fundamentals of FF7 if they do.

Crossblades
05-08-2006, 05:53 PM

Once again, source's / proof?

Im pretty sure there not working on a remake atm, whether or not they will remake it is a matter for discussion...

And what battle system they use will probably not have even been dreamt about! They should stick to the fundamentals of FF7 if they do.

Exactly. People are already complaining about FF XII's battle system, so imagine if they did add that in the remake. People will moan and groan and will complain that FF VII should never have been remade. If they really were remaking it, they would just update the graphics

Slim
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
And that's the way it SHOULD be done! :D

gyaku_zuki
05-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Exactly. People are already complaining about FF XII's battle system, so imagine if they did add that in the remake. People will moan and groan and will complain that FF VII should never have been remade. If they really were remaking it, they would just update the graphics

On an aside, I like the sound of FFXII's battle system.

TheKolkster
05-11-2006, 05:43 AM

Proof?

Many gaming magazines have reported it.

Zeromus_X
05-11-2006, 05:57 AM
How specific. :cat:

LunarWeaver
05-11-2006, 06:06 AM
I like XII's system... All the goods of battle without the random part.

And I didn't mean the game itself would take 7 years to make. I meant when he's done with current projects, and then he starts on it, we wouldn't see it for 7 years altogether should he begin one as soon as he's done doing whatever is less important then a remake.

But Kitase and Nomura never say anything that comes true, and due to fan demand, they're probably making it already and keeping it hush hush from us coz Squeenix plays like that. Square will milk the FF7 cow until falls over and dies... which hopefully is never, coz I like all these spins and want a remake.

Elneno90
05-14-2006, 04:15 AM
I got an issue from game informer that said that in fact there is a remake of ff7 and that it will use the same fighting style as ff 12
:D

Slim
05-14-2006, 04:21 AM
I will never play something of which it's idea is as /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty as that.

Ya Boy Alex
05-14-2006, 04:37 AM
I got an issue from game informer that said that in fact there is a remake of ff7 and that it will use the same fighting style as ff 12
It was a rumor in the section I believe is called Loose Talk.

Floppie
05-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Rumor mills ftw~

Crossblades
05-14-2006, 05:46 PM

Proof?

Many gaming magazines have reported it.

Yet, Square Enix didn't say anything about it at this year's E3. Therefore, it's just a rumor

Slothy
05-14-2006, 06:16 PM

That's funny since I read Game Informer and can recall no such story. There is no remake being made plain and simple. Square has even outright said that there is no remake planned.

Emerald weapon
05-14-2006, 11:16 PM
so yeah its all a rumour and if they do remake it they should keep:storyline(ovo),battle system(it kicked ass),sidequests(bn dying to know what emmy n ruby would look like)and music.....and if vivi is ryt and it has been confirmed we could all still imagine its greatness

Mo-Nercy
05-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I dunno if I'll still be playing Final Fantasy in 10 years time anyway. It's pretty much a thing of the past for me now already.

By the time 2016 rolls around, SE probably would have moved on to other things. Maybe they won't even be around anymore. So I don't really see the need for discussing things like "what battle system it should have" at this point.

crazybayman
05-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Man, how quick some people jump all over a frickin' rumor, as if it were a fact.

OMG SQUARE R TTLY MKING A FF7 REMAKE!!! ITS TRUE CAUSE A MAGAZINE THAT NORMALLY PRINTS THINGS EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT TRUE TO GET PPL TO BUY THEIR MAGAZINES SAID SO!! OMG OMG OMG

Until they show a trailer (not a PS3 demo, they did the same with FFVIII), or make an announcement at an event like E3, I wouldn't expect a remake any time soon.

I'd love a remake. With up to date graphics, voice overs using the cast from Advent Children, etc, but its just ridiculous to prematurely jump to conclusions based on a rumour written by a magazine.

Hawkeye
05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Why can't you people just leave FFVII alone? :(

TheKolkster
05-16-2006, 02:10 AM
(not a PS3 demo, they did the same with FFVIII)

I'm tired of people saying that. Good for them. I'm glad they did a FFVIII Tech Demo for the PS2. But...That was just an ordinary game. This isn't an ordinary game. This is FFVII, the greatest video game ever created. You don't show us a tech demo of this game and not do something with it. This tech demo actually tells us it's not a matter if Square will do a FFVII remake, but when.

crazybayman
05-16-2006, 12:11 PM
(not a PS3 demo, they did the same with FFVIII)

I'm tired of people saying that. Good for them. I'm glad they did a FFVIII Tech Demo for the PS2.
Well sorry, but its true. A tech demo does NOT mean that they're going to do a remake. You can't just assume that, as much as I'd love one. It is a great game, one of my favorites. But greatest game of all time is purely a matter of opinion. Plus I did say "I wouldn't expect it anytime soon".

But...That was just an ordinary game. This isn't an ordinary game. This is FFVII, the greatest video game ever created. You don't show us a tech demo of this game and not do something with it.
FFVIII is no ordinary game.

This tech demo actually tells us it's not a matter if Square will do a FFVII remake, but when.
Perhaps you didn't read my post properly.

Until they show a trailer (not a PS3 demo, they did the same with FFVIII), or make an announcement at an event like E3, I wouldn't expect a remake any time soon.

I hope you're right with your assumption. I'd love a remake. Its just that the way things are, I wouldn't hold my breath. And I'm just saying it isn't logical to jump to that conclusion based on the release of a sexy little tech demo.

sephiroth64
05-16-2006, 01:49 PM
It has been confirmed at the recent e3 event that final fantasy 7 is to be remade on ps3 by square enx themselves:) :D :) :) :)

Flying Mullet
05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
It has been confirmed at the recent e3 event that final fantasy 7 is to be remade on ps3 by square enx themselves:) :D :) :) :)
Can you provide links, please? I have heard nothing from E3 saying that there will be any FFVII remakes.

crazybayman
05-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Holy cow. Another assumption.

They did NOT confirm a remake. They mentioned that they were looking into it, or something of that nature.

If I'm wrong, please do provide a link if you have one :rolleyes2

Crossblades
05-16-2006, 03:07 PM

No they didn't. If you have proof of this, then post it

godden18
05-16-2006, 04:19 PM
i watched all of squares enix press confrence live and thay didnt say anything about ff7 remake

sephiroth64
05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
yes i have a link to b proof of what i said http://www.e3insider.com/ its on this site as well as this site http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/index.html?event=e32006 and this site http://www.e3expo.com/default.aspx and if those arnt enoth proof for you then you all r just ignoring the facts in front of you

Hayabusa
05-16-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't remember seeing/hearing that at the press....

And like I've said before- It would ruin the FEEL of it- It would be REALLY awesome- but the colors and cheezy graphics part make it so awesome. And Better fancy ones are cool because we have experienced it - Wouldn't you want people that haven't played FF7 to play the origanal to know what it was like? There is already some sort of weird division I see with FF fans..... like FF7 and up rocks then
the other side FF 7 and up sucks It's all about the old ones AMANO man! - To me they're all good. FF7 was my first and I love it, but the old ones are really good and cool too :) beat 1, playing 2, and about to beat 3 (it's just hard :( - But now I'm sure there will be ANOTHER division of THE ORIGINAL FF7 and the PS3 REMAKE - Not that it's important but that is my prediction- But I don't think they should do it. *shrug*

sephiroth64
05-16-2006, 07:20 PM
u cant complete 3? it was one of the easiest!

Hayabusa
05-16-2006, 07:31 PM
3j - I'm getting raped by the Dark crystal bosses.

crazybayman
05-16-2006, 07:36 PM
yes i have a link to b proof of what i said http://www.e3insider.com/ its on this site as well as this site http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/index.html?event=e32006 and this site http://www.e3expo.com/default.aspx and if those arnt enoth proof for you then you all r just ignoring the facts in front of you
wow, nice work, you've linked us to the front pages of those sites. :rolleyes2

So if you know which exact page on that site talks about the remake (because lord knows I'm not about to surf through the whole site), please link us to it.

Thanks.

Crossblades
05-16-2006, 08:17 PM

What you posted didn't even mention FF VII

It's nothing but front pages

Flying Mullet
05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes, as the others have said, please link to the exact articles and news, not the front page of the website.

Until you do that you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone.

Winter Nights
05-17-2006, 04:38 AM
http://www.e3expo.com/utilities/search.aspx?searchTerm=final+fantasy+vii
http://www.e3insider.com/search/?q=final+fantasy+vii

Can't access gamespot from work, but the other two never mention FFVII aside from Crisis Core and Dirge or Cerberus.

Actually, e3expo mentions no news at at all. It's a general info page that gives no info on games at all, just events, with e3insider being the gaming news site.. Which, once again, makes no mention of a remake.

sephiroth64
05-17-2006, 02:04 PM
fine here is another site (the actual page this time) http://ps3.ign.com/articles/624/624503p1.html

TheSpoonyBard
05-17-2006, 02:07 PM
sephritho64, that link doesn't say anything about there being a FFVII remake for the PS3 either. It just mentions the tech demo. Also, that page is 11 months old. Care to provide something from this year's E3?

Crossblades
05-17-2006, 02:08 PM
fine here is another site (the actual page this time) http://ps3.ign.com/articles/624/624503p1.html

That article is a year old and it said a Final Fantasy game is coming to the PS3, NOT VII. That article is most likely talking about FF XIII

sephiroth64
05-17-2006, 04:56 PM
but if you looked on the next page which is more recent you would find out that square has hinted on the possiblitity of what they have been calling final fantasy XIII as being a remake of VII

TheSpoonyBard
05-17-2006, 05:01 PM
If you wanted us to look at the next page, why didn't you provide a link to it?

After seeing the video for FFXIII for the PS3 I highly doubt it is a FFVII remake.

FFXIII news (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705652p1.html)
FFXIII video (http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826843/vids_1.html)

sephiroth64
05-17-2006, 05:23 PM
your probably right about the xiii thing but it still did say on those e3 sites that square anounced a remake of 7 i just dont know the exsact pages because a friend sent me the links in a e-mail and i constantly delete my e-mails

crazybayman
05-17-2006, 05:27 PM
your probably right about the xiii thing but it still did say on those e3 sites that square anounced a remake of 7 i just dont know the exsact pages because a friend sent me the links in a e-mail and i constantly delete my e-mails
Jeepers, just give it up already. SE did NOT announce a FFVII remake.

Yes they've hinted that they're looking into it. They did not announce that they're actually going to do it.

Flying Mullet
05-17-2006, 05:28 PM
I hate to tell you this, but no remake of FFVII has been announced. If it had been, it would have been on the front page of every gaming news site. Something that big wouldn't go unnoticed.

sephiroth64
05-17-2006, 05:33 PM
well your probably all right but i know what i saw on my monitor ( because i reread it about 4 times to make sure it was true)

Amaru
05-17-2006, 05:34 PM
All that's been said on the matter is that Nomura would consider doing a remake at some point, but he has too many projects on at the moment, namely the saga that will encompass FFXIII. That's all. There has been nothing else.

Though I have heard one or two people comment on the style and theme of FFXIII being an easy platform to provide a FFVII remake...

Flying Mullet
05-17-2006, 05:39 PM
well your probably all right but i know what i saw on my monitor ( because i reread it about 4 times to make sure it was true)
You do realize that just because you read it on the internet it doesn't mean it's true, right?

sephiroth64
05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
thing is square would be stupid not to do a remake think how many people would buy it! I mean just seeing that now legendary train come in and cloud jump off it in the tech demo got loads of people excited on its own.

plus they're making all these complications of VII (AC,BC,CC and DC) why not make a remake to go along side them

Hayabusa
05-17-2006, 06:34 PM
plus they're making all these complications of VII (AC,BC,CC and DC) why not make a remake to go along side them

Did you mean...compilations?

And like I've said before- It would ruin the FEEL of it- It would be REALLY awesome- but the colors and cheezy graphics part make it so awesome. And Better fancy ones are cool because we have experienced it - Wouldn't you want people that haven't played FF7 to play the origanal to know what it was like?

starseeker
05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Because of the cost and time required. PS3 games are far, far more complicated than PS2 games.

BudSoda02
05-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Are you people still talking about the possibility of a remake. There is going to be no remake for PS3. Would a Cid's Knight please close this thread!
Thanks-BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

sephiroth64
05-17-2006, 07:49 PM
You do realize that just because you read it on the internet it doesn't mean it's true, right?

yes i do realize this but the links were pages on the offical sites that i put links about before so i assumed it was true.

and to the earlier question yes i did mean compilations

ceros
05-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Found some information from ps3land.com. EGM is confirming that FFVII is coming to the PS3.
http://www.ps3land.com/article-312.php

EMG states, " Last year, Square Enix teased everyone with what was called the "FFVIIPS3 demo." Well, what do you know: This test case was really a sneak peek at a next-gen revival of the PS1 role-playing hit."

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I would like a remake but they should just improve the graphics

TheSpoonyBard
05-20-2006, 05:16 PM
ceros, just above that statement it says "no official announcement has been made". I'd wait until SE say something before getting your hopes up.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 05:21 PM
ceros, just above that statement it says "no official announcement has been made". I'd wait until SE say something before getting your hopes up.

Yeah i agree because the made a FF8 movie for PS2 when it was first unvield but that was just to show the capabilitys of the system plus SE is a very fickle company i mean look how many times theve delayed NA realeases of game like FFVII:DC and advent children

ceros
05-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Of course. I was just relaying some info.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 06:17 PM
I wouldent really relly on info about somthing like this even if square said it lol

Skarr
05-21-2006, 04:51 AM
Although It's all skeptical and un-comfirmed...but could you imagine Cloud in drag...on PS3. :cry:

Khaotic
05-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Hasn't it been said already that it would take a team of 200-300 people, and 5+ years to have this game done on PS3? I believe I heard it was the plans for the very last Final Fantasy as a "going out with a bang" type thing.

sexymonkey
05-21-2006, 11:45 AM
how can you go out on a bang, when all thats new about it are updated graphics, that would suck!

Clouded Sky
06-10-2006, 06:10 PM
So does anyone actually read the frontsite for EoFF or do they just come to the forums?

5/27/06 Square-Enix officially confirms there will NOT be a PS3 Remake of FFVII

And as for making it when they're done with other projects? SE better not running out of other projects to make, otherwise we're in a sad state of affairs.

ceros
06-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Reading the article, it says that "Square-Enix never stated this." If they meant to deny there being a FFVII remake, then this was a poor choice of words since it doesn't flat out deny it.

BustaMo
06-10-2006, 06:33 PM
It'll be cool maybe, but I think everyone is smashing the hell outta this game by wanting MORE and MORE. I have the original for the PS1, love it, and won't spend the $60 that they would chrage for this PS3 game, IF the remake is ever released. Just my 2 cents.