PDA

View Full Version : KH Challenges

Nephilin
05-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I was just wondering if there is come up with a challenge for KH yet. Like the NSGIENC challenge for FFX and so on. Heard Ultima Shadow talking about making one :tongue:

Anyone?

Tavrobel
05-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Not really. The KH series is very difficult to make a challenge out of. The only one I can think of is a "no change Keyblade" challenge, but since that doesn't limit out anything else, you can still manipulate all the other stats.

The most difficult challenge I can think of KHI is inital equipment, no items, and Sora cannot attack, except in boss battles. Assuming it's possible to do (because Sora NEEDS to attack in many cases to clear an area, nor does it stop the ability to power level). Using the evening leveling blueprint also adds to the difficulty.

KHII would be initial equipment, no items, and no magic on the Magic path, as well as Limits, Drives, or Summons. But since there is always one aspect of the game you can manipulate (and KH is easier than FFs), then the challenges would have to be incredibly unrealistic.

Skyblade
05-02-2006, 10:10 PM
No one has yet to do my Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories challenge.

Light Riku: Complete Reverse/Rebirth without ever having Riku enter Dark Mode.

SeeDRankLou
05-02-2006, 11:02 PM

Is that even possible? He goes into dark mode automatically. You'd have to never break a card, which would take almost impossible timing. And I have yet to see a strategy for beating Ansem that doesn't rely heavily on Dark Riku.

Skyblade
05-03-2006, 01:04 AM

Is that even possible? He goes into dark mode automatically. You'd have to never break a card, which would take almost impossible timing. And I have yet to see a strategy for beating Ansem that doesn't rely heavily on Dark Riku.

Yes, it is possible. You gain a Dark Point every time you get hit. You also gain Dark Points every time you win a card break, equal to the amount of points you won the break by. When you get 30 Dark Points, you enter Dark Mode. It is possible to win without entering Dark Mode. But it wouldn't be easy.

Slothy
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I remember a guy on the Gamefaqs boards attempting a level 99 before leaving Destiny Island challenge for KH1. As I recall he actually made it up past level 50 before stopping. The amount of time required for that would make it tedious and boring if you ask me though. And where it really only depends on having enough time to do it, and being pretty good at blocking attacks, it's less of a challenge and more an excersise in tedium (not that I've ever tried it).

Ultima Shadow
05-04-2006, 08:32 AM
I remember a guy on the Gamefaqs boards attempting a level 99 before leaving Destiny Island challenge for KH1. As I recall he actually made it up past level 50 before stopping. The amount of time required for that would make it tedious and boring if you ask me though. And where it really only depends on having enough time to do it, and being pretty good at blocking attacks, it's less of a challenge and more an excersise in tedium (not that I've ever tried it).That's not a "challange". it's just a pointless way to waste your time.

Anyways... this is what my old KH challange was like:
1) Never change your weapons. Never equip a new weapon to anyone!
2) No accessories. Never equip accessories to anyone!
3) When you start the game, chose hard mode.
4) You must chose the sword and give up the sheild. (I've heard that the monsters get a little stronger this way when you're playing on hard mode... I'm not 100% sure if it's true but...whatever... just chose this way. :p)
5) Chose your journey to begin "in the dead of night" to level up much slower.
6) Only use command based abilities. Like: Dodgeroll: Yes. Combo plus: No. Ragnarok: Yes. Jackpot: No.

Nephilin
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I remember a guy on the Gamefaqs boards attempting a level 99 before leaving Destiny Island challenge for KH1. As I recall he actually made it up past level 50 before stopping. The amount of time required for that would make it tedious and boring if you ask me though. And where it really only depends on having enough time to do it, and being pretty good at blocking attacks, it's less of a challenge and more an excersise in tedium (not that I've ever tried it).

Man, that's just insane. Like walking ten steps forward, then nine steps backwards when you're trying to get somewhere. That guy really has to like Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie to bother doing that :choc:

Slothy
05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
That's not a "challange". it's just a pointless way to waste your time.

I guess that explains why I said this ;)

it's less of a challenge and more an excersise in tedium

Anyway, I find it hard to believe there's much in the way of good challenges for these games. I don't think the gameplay systems really lend themselves well to FF style challenges. Your's is probably the best I've seen Ultima, but most challenges, correct me if I'm wrong, could pretty easily be beaten through some power leveling. They might make things a bit tougher, but still. Maybe I'm wrong though. There may actually be some really good ones out there.

SeeDRankLou
05-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Hmmm....I just thought of a challenge that might be...interesting.

The Non-Melee Sora Challenge
In this challenge, Sora in no way harms another the enemy (unless it's a solo fight). Sora can heal his party members, but must rely entirely on them to defeat the enemies.

Going through the game like this could be tricky, given how lame your party members can be at times. This would be especially tricky on several boss fights. This wouldn't be much of a challenge for KH2, but might be for KH.

It might be lame, but it's all I could think of. And Vivi22 is right, the style of these games doesn't lend much room for a challenge of any kind.

Nephilin
05-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Hmmm....I just thought of a challenge that might be...interesting.

The Non-Melee Sora Challenge
In this challenge, Sora in no way harms another the enemy (unless it's a solo fight). Sora can heal his party members, but must rely entirely on them to defeat the enemies.

Going through the game like this could be tricky, given how lame your party members can be at times. This would be especially tricky on several boss fights. This wouldn't be much of a challenge for KH2, but might be for KH.

It might be lame, but it's all I could think of. And Vivi22 is right, the style of these games doesn't lend much room for a challenge of any kind.

Yeah, I think it mostly would just be waiting around for them to finish off the heartless. After a while most people would just ignore the battls. I guess you(and everyone else)'re right about these games not giving much room for challenges.

Lost Number
05-06-2006, 03:47 PM
I have just realized how much i have forgotten about KH...i tried to redo that challenge of Ultima Shadows(I tried it ages ago, got to about Hollow Bastion) and i have been stuck on Clayton for a week. When they split, i lose. GRRR.