PDA

View Full Version : Around The World In 80 Posts.

Vincent Valentine
05-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Whilst chatting with a number of friends during a night out at the pub the other day, we started talking about different countries and places that we've visited in the past, and the things that we had experienced during those travels.

I thought it would make for an interesting topic.

The purpose of this thread isn't simply to name the different countries that you have visited, but to elaborate on the things you remember from your time there.

Why you loved (or hated it) there.
The things that stood out in your mind the most.
If those travels changed you in some way, go into that.
Anything.

Lets see how many countries we can visit in this thread. :cool:

smittenkitten
05-03-2006, 04:24 PM
SCOTLAND! :strut:

Strider
05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Let's see if I can remember them all...

I've been to:

Mexico (Mazatlan)
Spain (Madrid, Salamanca, Barcelona, Sevilla, San Sebastian)
The Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Germany (Hamburg, Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich)
Czech Republic (Prague)
Hungary (Budapest)
...Well, I went through Slovenia, which involved a stop in Bratislava.
Austria (Vienna)
France (Paris)

I could go on forever about the Europe experience, but the best way to describe it was "once in a lifetime".

Cid Vicious
05-03-2006, 04:37 PM
The only places outside England i've been to are, Scotland, Wales and Cornwall (if you count that).
They were all good.
:up:

Loony BoB
05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
New Zealand - Lived there for 18 years, so I don't think I can really say "what I did" without getting into way too much detail.

Scotland - I travelled up and around the Highlands for 800 miles in the space of a three day weekend, and have travelled around Ayr-way too on occasion. I've also gone to Glasgow on a monthly basis for work, but otherwise I spend all my time in Edinburgh, and I think it's the prettiest city here by a long way. Lived here for four years and I can't really put specific memories out because it's been so long.

Wales - I remember going almost everywhere but Cardiff. My memories are mixed up, really, because while it was a wonderful holiday, it was also a bad time for a relationship I was in, as the girl was off in Turkey kissing some photographer after he got her tipsy or something. But Wales has the prettiest waterfall in all of the UK. That's for sure.

Ireland - Sucked. I was really disappointed, to be honest - you'd think Dublin would have been awesome, but it really, really wasn't at all. Maybe I'll go out there again someday when the weather is a little nicer (it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great) and have and ability to go further into the country. We did go on some small guided tours, which is something I personally don't like - although they were better than being in the city and there was a pretty lake. Whee.

Germany - Spent all my time there with Mandy, and we, er, had fun. Despite the relationship ending so poorly, I have to say that the times we spent out there were really good... for the most part. Particularly the first of the two trips, anyway.

California - Best week of my life, I spent it with a girl I loved and I took care of her because she was pretty sick at the time. Met a lot of friends I've known over there for ages, too, which was great. Shlup + BJ = Totally awesome. There are a lot of great memories, and some that I can only look back and laugh at, such as the damned train incident and the taxi driver saying that I was the answer to his prayers because of said train incident. :p American cab drivers are so much cooler than any other cab drivers in the world, seriously.

That about covers it, really. I've been to England on various business trips and a couple of holidays, but I never found it to be anything special. Apart from the really, really beautiful waitress that I saw at York. Hot damn. xD But seriously, no real awesome memories in England yet, but I'm sure I'll get a few around Christmas this year when I go down to Dan's.

Zeldy
05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Going to Saundersfoot in South wales is something that is going to be forever in my memories. My parent's couldn't afford to go abroad then, so we'd all sit in a car for 6 hours and travel to a town just outside Tenby. We'd been that many times that my Dad had learnt where to stop for breaks, and this one place was a Hill leading to some toilets. Every year, me and my brother would race each other down the Hill. Every year. My parents would always photograph it, and you could see us growing up in every photograph. Saundersfoot is simply perfect. You can't fault it; except one thing. The weather.
We always went in the Summer, so we'd all lie on the beach and me and brother would have water fights and try to block up a stream. I remember it so vividly; We never managed to block it, but every time we went Saundersfoot beach we'd try and other little kids would join in.
But surely you know what our weather is like. You just couldn't rely on it, and when it rained.. It rained heavily
We wen't again recently, but it just isnt the same. Its too young for us now.

Dreddz
05-03-2006, 05:15 PM
America - NYC, Chicago. Ive been to NYC twice, once when I was young, the other very recently. I think it was just the buildings that stood out, just how damn big they were, especially the WTC. Chicago is where my Uncle lives. Ive been once, guess the food there was pretty damn good.

France - Paris. Was ok, the food is pretty good there also.

Spain - Barcelona. The sun was great, but the nightlife there is probably the best bit, its an on going party day and night.

Russia - Moscow. STROGANOFF !

Ireland - Dublin. Lame, nothing great.

Wales - Cardiff. Same

Scotland - Glasgow. I went there with friends so I had a pretty good time. The city is also pretty cool.

Italy - Rome. The food !

Thats all my travels.

RPJesus
05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
France- I went to the Loire Valley. It was good, because most of the tourists were French. There's lots of big castles (a particularly castly place in France), but a few too many Chateuas. There was also the Tank Museum- a big tank museum. Full of tanks! Loads, from all over the world. Huge big ones. And armoured cars and missile carrier things as well.

Wales- somewhere in the North. Again, a lot of big castles (we won't go anywhere unless there are castles). Canarvan, I think, is the huge one. We met a dog, that was covereed in candle wax. And everybody spoke Welsh, for some reason.

Scotland- a million shyillion times. Just up to see family, really. And now... I think I live there, actually. But I've had holidays up north. Aviemore, and stuff. And Arran, which is about an hour from where I live.
These people who think Glasgow is so interesting. Becuase they're foreign, and they've neevr seen it before. I just don't think of it as a holiday... place. It's good, but... it's Glasgow. It's over there. Oh, look, there it is now! Quick, before you miss it! Get the net! Quick, before it escapes!

project X
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Poland - I used to go every summer but as I got older, things got complicated and I found less and less time in my summer to go. But I'm going there for 2 weeks in August. :love: My best memories are going to the bazaar with my grandma and going to the dzialka with my grandma and grandpa. Good times. :spin:

Canada - I've been there a few times, but the one I really remember was some summer I went to go visit one of my online friends and we had a really good time. (:

I've also been to Italy, Germany, and Austria but I hardly remember them. My 8 year old mind didn't really pay attention to anything but ice cream. :( But it was good ice cream.

Oh, and America, as I live here.

Loony BoB
05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
These people who think Glasgow is so interesting. Becuase they're foreign, and they've neevr seen it before. I just don't think of it as a holiday... place. It's good, but... it's Glasgow. It's over there. Oh, look, there it is now! Quick, before you miss it! Get the net! Quick, before it escapes!
I'm a foreigner (although far from a tourist) and I've been there a roughly twenty times, but I've never really seen much great about it. I think it's great for those who like to shop, but I don't. Edinburgh is far, far prettier.

Agent Proto
05-03-2006, 07:05 PM
The Philippines - Stayed for a month in 2003. I kinda had a good time. A lot happened, and I got drunk, did some bad things, and yeah. I'm done with that, no plan to return. Somehow, my brothers are planning to go back there. XD

Mexico - I was in Tijuana. Just visiting.

Other counties I've been to, maybe for a day or a week.

Germany, France, Taiwan. Yeah, I don't seem to go out a whole lot.

Cz
05-03-2006, 07:11 PM
This is a good thread idea. :)

Wales: I've been to Wales twice. The first time as a child of seven, and the second time as a child of fifteen. The seven year-old didn't care because he had no interest in anything other than video games. The fifteen year-old didn't care because he was only there for the F.A. Cup Final. Basically, it's just England with funny signs.

Scotland: Been to Scotland twice, too. The first was a trip to Edinburgh, which I very much enjoyed. It's a very nice city to walk around, although I wish I could've gone during festival time. The second was a miserable stay in the Highlands, where I accomplished nothing besides playing a lot of pool, and crashing a boat into a pier. The scenery was nothing to get worked up about, particularly as it was covered by thick fog half the time. :p

France: What with the countless school trips and duty-free runs, I can't even remember how many times I've been to France. It's rather nice, both in the urban and rural areas, and the people are much friendlier than I had expected. Didn't think much of the food though.

Belguim: We dropped into Belguim for a day or so, so I didn't really get to see much of it. Brugge was alright, can't say much about the rest of it.

Spain: Barcelona was a lovely city, with some nice architecture and a friendly atmosphere. I could spend ages just wondering around Montjuic at dusk, doing nothing in particular. I also saw a guy wearing an Instructor del Sexo shirt, making him the best foreign guy ever. :D

Italy: I adore Italy, and need to go back there some time. Our first visit was to a small town near Florence, named Il Reggino. The countryside was spectacular, the food magnificent, and the architecture so stereotypically Italian that it hard not to enjoy simply being there. The second trip was to Venice, which is quite simply the most atmospheric city in the world. Everyone needs to go there at least once, just because the experience is so unique. Seriously, go now.

The USA: The best holiday ever, bar none. New York was the most fantastic experience, because the city just feels so alive. You get the feeling that anyone you bump into on the street could be a character in a TV Show, and everything about the country is just so American. Seeing rows of yellow school buses packed with kids just summed it up for me, ordinary though it may have been. The city itself is fantastic, and so different from any other metropolis I'd been to before. You can be working your way up the Soho thrift stores one minute, and relaxing in Central Park the next. I could go on for ages about how fantastic this experience was, but you're probably not reading this anyway, so I won't bother. All I can say is that I have to go back.

That's pretty much the extent of my travels. I've been on a train that passed briefly through Switzerland too, but I didn't really see much of it at all, so I couldn't really say what I thought of it. With any luck, my next stop will be South Africa...although I've always wanted to drop in on my pals in the Czech. Republic. :D

Rye
05-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I've been to Italy. It was so beautiful there, there were cherry blossoms everywhere, and in Milano you can see the Swiss Alps as if they were 5 minutes away. :)

DeathKnight
05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
The Moon-Man that place ROCKS! You could float and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Also, I'd like to go to other galaxies.

theundeadhero
05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Korea~ The year is a haze of alcohol, women, and good times.
Japan~ Hung around the airport for a few hours. Felt like a prisoner because I couldn't leave.
Germany~ Hung around the airport for a few hours. Felt like a prisoner because I couldn't leave.
Ireland~ Hung around the airport for a few hours. Felt like a prisoner because I couldn't leave. I did get to talk to some pretty girls while I waited.
Kuwait~ Spent a month living in a tent, sitting through boring classes, and driving countless hours all times of the night.
Iraq~ Played in the dirt just like when I was a kid. This time the toy tractors were much bigger. Sped down the highway ignoring all traffic laws, lights, and lanes. Shot at people.
America~ General life.

Lost Number
05-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Germany, oh man. Nice people, crap place (sorry Germans). Only saw Berlin really, and a few good statues. Since I spend most of one day inside a nuclear bunker, guess how much i liked it.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
New York City-It's a big city. I've seen the musicals Wicked and Hairspray there. Anything short of excellent would not describe how much I loved being down there.

Rhode Island (Narragansett)-This is by far the best beach-going place I've ever been to. Body boarding is good for here. The beach is wonderful...well, except for getting sunburnt.

Ryth
05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Sadly, I have not been able to leave the USA. I have been to some different states though. When I was really little I went to Hawaii and Massachusetts, but I was too little to be able to remember now. T_T I've also been to Georgia, it was alright. Nothing special really.

Faris
05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Canada! Cold in the winter.
United States, Florida! Sunny and warm, it was nice there.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I've never wanted to go abroad. A friend of mine wants me to go to Bulgaria with her though.

Venom
05-03-2006, 10:07 PM
AMERICA: I went to New york city. I've been everywhere.

I have never been to any other countries.

Dreddz
05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Glasgow isnt that great.

DK
05-03-2006, 10:46 PM
India and Nepal was quite the experience. Calcutta was horrible, to be honest. There was rubbish everywhere, people pooped in the streets, there were sick and homeless people who couldn't get any help or care, like families of children where the eldest looking after them was about 8 or 9. It wasn't really very pleasant. Nepal was a lot better. The people were awesome, the country was beautiful, I was with a lot of my family that i'd never met before, and best of all it was a spring festival for a week which is celebrated by getting lots of dye and putting it in waterbombs and pelting the crap out of each other until you're all sorts of ghetto colours. That was mad fun times. I went to Canada once, lovely country, at least what I saw of it. The people there were awesome, too. Had a lot of fun that holiday. I've been to Lanzarote a couple of times, but I don't remember much 'cause I was all inclusive and quite pissed the whole time. Edinburgh is a nice enough city I guess. Not really a fan of cities, though.

-N-
05-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Let's see here - I've not been to very many countries, but the ones I've been to I've thoroughly explored, with the exception of Canada and France, so yeah.

USA - I live here. I've lived just about everywhere here. I was born near D.C., I moved two years later to Idaho, two years later to Atlanta, Georgia (hopped around in suburbia there), moved to Davis in Northern California, then San Diego in Southern California. My parents then moved to Houston, Texas and I go to school in SoCal still. California is easily my favorite state, although I go back and forth on which part I like more (usually the part I'm living in at the time).

I've taken a lot of road trips as well (in fact, I have one more to announce - separately). I've traveled the entire California West Coast, and I've visited Seattle as well (still need to do Oregon). I've also traveled across the Southwest, seeing the Grand Canyon and the chain-link Mexican border. I also did some traveling when I was young in the Southeast - hopped borders to Tennessee to buy fireworks illegal in Georgia, and visited some caves in Virginia. Also visited Bar Harbor, Maine, which rocked, and Glacier National Park in Montana (that's the northwest US). The States are a lot of fun - there is so much to do there. Being away from the USA has made me appreciate it a bit more.

India - I've visited three times with every intention of returning. Mostly I visit my family in Gujarat state, but I've also seen some amazing temples in Gandhinagar and Surat, as well as Fathepur Sikri and the Taj Mahal in the Agra area. I've been to Delhi and Mumbai as well, but never really experienced city life as I was with do-gooder family members. Walking around Amdavad (or Ahmedabad) and Vadodara (Baroda) is always an eye-opening experience. Part of my family is well off, and part of my family is still quite poor. Being Indian, I can see India as it is, not as it appears to be for Western tourists. That, and I get Indian discounts on stuff.

New Zealand - Where I'm currently studying now. I'll be here for four and a half months. I've been to just about every city now, and done a lot of cool one-day hikes and stuff. While there are some pretty majestic sights to behold, the only two distinctive features of New Zealand are Fjordland (I refuse to spell it Fiordland, stupid stupid Brits) and the fact that you'll get a great view no matter what major highway you drive on. The third distinctive feature is that there is an acute lack of work ethic among its population, and I find it difficult to motivate myself back into my goal-oriented mindset.

Australia - I visited Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Surfer's Paradise, Byron Bay, Nimbin, and Sydney. The only good part of Sydney was the Opera House, which is stunning. The rest of Sydney is just like any other urban city - the same multicultural and globalized culture, which I tire of after living in Auckland. Brisbane was cool, but it's cooler because it's near so much neat stuff. Byron Bay was really pleasant but expensive. Nimbin was the best.

Canada - All I've visited is Vancouver, during the winter time, for 5 days. It was a pretty sweet city, but five days was enough. The first night was magical because it was the first time my friends and I could legally drink and we just went to town and had a blast. It was cold, but not too bad.

Switzerland - I visited this country for a week while my mother was giving a lecture at an international conference in Bern. We saw Zurich, Bern, Geneva, and Gruyères. It was a pretty sweet place - I really enjoyed Bern and Geneva. Really idyllic, peaceful places. I would have liked to spend more time actually in the Alps, but I was young, so of course my mom didn't let me.

France - I visited this around the same time as Switzerland. All I saw was Paris, and while it was cool to say I visited Paris, the people weren't that friendly or helpful and it was during the World Cup, so it was kinda raucous. I was fairly young too and trying to practice my French to get by.

I haven't really visited any other countries, other than stopovers in their airports, which doesn't count.

fire_of_avalon
05-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I went to Tennesse before, and Tybee Island, Georgia. :(

Chaos
05-03-2006, 11:20 PM
England - I live here...so...yes...lots of things.

Holland - Went here on a hockey tour when I was 13. Mad fun...we lost a lot of games.

France - Used to go here loads on holiday when I was a nipper. Want to go across again to stock up on nice French food and visit friends.

Spain - Went here for a Spanish Exchange. Played Harry Potter 1 for a whole week and was ill. My exchange collected pens and didn't go out much. Still, on the visits I went on with the school it seemed amazing. Want to go back.

Italy - Been here twice, love it. The food is great. Second time I went was wild....went to Sorrento in the middle of their Mardi Gras with my school. Didn't realise its custom to throw eggs, flour etc at people there...we beign English were prime targets. Not understanding that it was all in good humour we responded in a typical English person abroad manner and attacked them. Oh the fun. Can you picture a group of 50 girls, plus teachers (I went to an all girls school) chasing after Italians and attempting to beat the living crunchie out of them? Heh, it was good. You can take the girl out of england......

Hong Kong - Been there Three times now...want to return. I love it there, feels like a second home. My boyfriends family lives out there..best memories are sitting the top deck of a junk in the ocean listening to Sublime. Or floating in a life-ring in the (shark infested) ocean with a can of Fanta Soda...or maybe wandering up a mountain in Lantau Island and climbing up a stream and bathing in the rock pools? Too many to mention. :)

Thailand - Wild wild place...only went to Bangkok for a week...the red light district is great. Full of prostitutes, sleaze and ladyboys. Plus many cheap gay bars. Took a bit of getting used to at first and I'm sure we (me and boyfriend) stuck out, wandering aruond eyes and mouths wide open. Still, by the end we had a blast. Also getting conned out of 100baht (£1.20) was fun...mad tuk tuk ride around the city. Essential Thai experience. Also having a random Aussie bloke buy us a proper meal...he was funny.

Belgium - I've only visited the war graves at Yrpes there....very very solemn. You can never support war after seeing all those un-named graves.

America - I've only been to New York but I really liked it...big city, so similar to the UK yet so different. LOved getting up and going out and buying breakfast....no-one does that in the UK. Galleries were amazing too. Yay culture.

I want to go to Austrailia, more USA, Peru, New Zealand, Scotland and Bhutan next. :)

Miriel
05-03-2006, 11:25 PM
I went to South Korea when I was younger. It seems personal space (arms length away! arms length awaaay!) doesn't exist in Korea. And I ate dip-n-dots for the first time at an indoor amusement park called Lotte World.

I'm jealous of you people who've traveled so much.

GooeyToast
05-04-2006, 03:29 AM
USA - Well I live here in Ohio. Yeah. Well at least Arizona and California are cool states to be.

Canada - Went to Niagra Falls. Didn't really experience Canada, it just seemed like more of the United States.

Mexico - Don't remember much of Mexico except I went to a beach. Oh and it was hot.

I really really really want to go to Japan. If I can't go there, I'll settle for a trip to Western Europe instead.

Madame Adequate
05-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Living in England, I've seen quite a bit of it. Some of the cathedrals we have are amazing works of architecture, and if you only come here for one reason make it to see some of them.

I've lived quite a bit in Northern Ireland as well, pretty much every school holiday until I was 17 in fact. Mostly in Newtowards, which is a nice little town if mostly quiet. Millisle is a tiny seaside village, which was in decline last I visited, but there is a pub there which makes the best chips, beans, eggs, and sausages I have ever eaten. Also a nice ice cream place, and there were a couple of amusement rides and an arcade before those closed down. I think there are still a couple of arcades, though. And there's the beach itself, which isn't too unpleasant. Belfast is a wonderful city, I love the place, despite all the troubles over the last decades. There's just something vibrant about it, to me, it feels the way a city should feel. I've visited many places in the North and quite a few in the South, though those were when I was younger so I don't remember very well. There was a beautiful waterfall near Sligo, though.

I've been to Scotland three or four times, though it was always when I was very young and thus I remember very little. There was a place with an amazing view, but it was all the more amazing because of the mist, which obscured pretty much the perfect amount to strike a balance between view and mystery.

I've visited Wales on several occasions, and Newtown has an absolutely brilliant little gaming store. Mostly videogames, but they have a few CCG things and collectable figurines and the like, too. The only place in the UK I've seen the Gameboy Final Fantasy games. Anyway, I was always there with my grandma visiting my uncle, but he was hardly ever there because he's so busy, which meant I mostly played videogames. Nice place, though, friendly and just about big enough to have stuff.

The USA is possibly my favourite country on Earth. At least it is of those I've been to so far. It's just... lovely there. I love it. I've always suburby places near St. Louis, so I don't have a view of much of the place, but the places I have been I mostly adore. I just like the way of life. Being able to just up and buy something from DQ and hang out at the park at 11pm, or the way driving somewhere 10 miles away ain't no thang, all of it. Well, no, there's stuff I dislike as well, but nothing deal-breaking.

I want to visit more of the US (The Southwest, especially.), China, and possibly St. Petersburg and/or Moscow.

DeathKnight
05-04-2006, 05:28 AM
I went to South Korea when I was younger. It seems personal space (arms length away! arms length awaaay!) doesn't exist in Korea. And I ate dip-n-dots for the first time at an indoor amusement park called Lotte World.

I'm jealous of you people who've traveled so much.

Yeah, you should go to the moon, it's crazy there.

The world's boring.

FallenAngel411
05-04-2006, 05:56 AM
Austria, to visit my family. I guess I had fun, though I can't remember so well. I was only seven. Other than that, Puerto Rico--which isn't exactly outside of the US, but its still has gorgeous beaches. Oh, and Canada. But that was just for a few days to see Niagra Falls. They were pretty as well. I'm planning on studying abroad in Japan sometimes soon, and that should be interesting.

Monster Hunt
05-04-2006, 06:03 AM
I've been to Singapore (which is just a little boring, but it's nice and clean!) and Japan (To see my family! I'm going again this year! The streets are so easy to memorise and you can go to amusent parks any day, theres lots of snacks, it's the center or manga and anime, all the electronics that aren't in you r country come out and all the video games are there... and they're cheap!!! love,love,love,love can't wait to go!)

Rostum
05-04-2006, 06:18 AM
I went to Malaysia once.

Jess
05-04-2006, 04:15 PM
I've lived in England my entire life, and I've been to a lot of places. I originally lived in Newcastle - but had been to pretty much everywhere in the NE and then I moved to Worthing (near Brighton) and afterwards I moved to Tiptree (Essex). I've been pretty much all over the country. But I've never been to Scotland, Wales or Ireland.

Other places I've been are Crete, Cyprus, Egypt and Tunisia. Out of those, Cyprus was my favourite. It is a beautiful place, it has beautiful weather and beautiful food. Egypt wasn't really as I expected. There was a lot of slums and when visiting the pyramids there was about 200 people trying to sell fake goods that they claimed to be real and they wouldn't leave us alone.

Shaun
05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Wow, you guys are lucky... XD

The only place outside of the United Kingdom that I've been to is France. I went twice. One of those times was to Paris. It was fun - recommended. My parents don't really take me on holidays, so I'm going to have to save up my job money for a month and go somewhere nice... alone. Somewhere tropical. That would be bliss.

Yuna-Lenne
05-08-2006, 09:08 PM
I've been to Wales, Scotland, France, Austria, Majorca, Italy...erm....Portugal...I think that's it. :)

Rin.
05-08-2006, 09:18 PM
England, i live here..
Wales, went to Rhyl to a new years eve rave which involved getting lost in lots of places starting with 'LL'
Australia, Visited some friends off the net in Melbourne.
Spain, Mijas, really beautiful, great clubs ^_^
Majorca, same as above ^
Tokyo, i was to young to remember much ;;

starseeker
05-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I live in England and have been to France, Switzerland, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Antigua and the British Virgin Islands.

Millia Billia
05-13-2006, 04:24 PM
I've been to the United States: California, Illinois, Texas, the country of Mexico, and the country where I currently reside, Brazil. :)

Jings
05-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I've been to Spain a couple of times, travelled into Barcelona on both trips. An amazing city loved every minute of it especially the Nou Camp, just sorry i couldnt catch a game when i was there.

Also been to France with my girlfriend, Paris to be precise for a three day break. Again, an amazing city although it was sooo warm and climbing the Arc de Triumph and the Eiffel Tower in that weather was really NOT fun D: Apart from that though it was great.

Going to Cuba in a month and if i cant handle French heat it'll be an interesting experience. Really looking forward to it, although i may miss most of the world cup, they had better show it over there!

Going to save up for a trip to NYC for next year i cant wait to visit the States, hopefully my escapades in Cuba wont be a problem :P

Oh i've also been to England a few times but that's not really a foreign country, was nice though.

TheSpoonyBard
05-13-2006, 06:16 PM
I live in England and have been to Wales, Scotland, France, Belgium, Germany and Menorca. I don't travel much.

Craig
05-13-2006, 06:43 PM
England: Well, I live here so yeah.

Wales: Went to Cardiff with my college, only to visit a museum though. It was boring.

France: Had to go through France to get to Belgium, didn't leave the coach.

Belgium: Spent a few days there on a college trip, it was ok.

Del Murder
05-13-2006, 06:49 PM
I went to Korea, and that seems like such a long time ago. I remember that Seoul looked just like Korea Town in LA, and I was mildly surprised by that. I remember that Korean BBQ was awesome and lectures are boring. I remember going to a karaoke bar and drinking soju. My favorite part was going to the demilitarized zone and briefly stepping into North Korea. So I guess I've been there too.

Heath
05-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Wales- somewhere in the North. Again, a lot of big castles (we won't go anywhere unless there are castles). Canarvan, I think, is the huge one. We met a dog, that was covereed in candle wax. And everybody spoke Welsh, for some reason.

I love how people can't spell Welsh place names. Caernarfon. Conwy also has a beautiful castle.

England: Well, I lived in St. Helens for 7 years. Been all over, really. Lake District, Cornwall, Stratford-upon-Avon, Canterbury, London and others on various holidays.

Wales: I live here. I've never been to South Wales though.

Scotland: I was here a few weeks ago staying in Ayr (well, technically Alloway) with my, then, girlfriend. Also spent most of Wednesday and Thursday of that week in Glasgow. Also been to Annan several times.

Former Yugoslavia: My mother was pregnant with me when my parents went, so I claim to have been there. I think it's Croatia now.

Spain: Went when I was 2. No idea whereabouts.

Channel Islands: Been a couple of times, I think, when I was younger.

United States: Been to Florida a grand total of four times, including a stop off at Bangor Airport in Maine. Worthy of note is that I live a train journey away from Bangor, North Wales.

France: Been to Calais for the day, and also spent a few days here last year on a History trip looking at WWI memorials.

Belgium: Part of the same trip. Actually stayed the night here though. Went to Ypres which was nice.

That's it, I think.

Crop
05-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Ive been to Jersey before, the channel islands. It was great, so small and alone but the people there know how to have a good time and are really friendly. The best holiday ive ever been on.

Ichimonji
05-14-2006, 05:07 PM
I've been to:

Barbados: It's a sweet place, home of rum and the Pina-Colada. But it's like super hot, and I mean can't sleep hot, the heat left me very miserable. On a plus side, the beaches were awesome... Just remember to close your eyes if you go underwater.

England: I loved England, but holy crap it rains a lot. I'm travelled from Middlesex to Pickham to Paris. I saw landmarks like Piccadilly Square and the Eiffel Tower. By the by, everything is so expensive in Paris, it was crazy. And lastly, people actually do walk around with poodles, so I thought that was a little funny.

Australia: I was very little when I went to Australia that I don't remember much, but what I do remember is being fasinated by the lizards there.

United States: I lived in New York for like five or six months, I don't really have anything special to say about the country... Metric system, fahrenheit... It's all very strange.

And of course, I've travelled throughout Canada. I was born in Alberta, moved to Ontario, travelled to British Columbia, etc.

NINJA_Ryu
05-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Its nice being an army brat ^^

Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, U.S.A., i think Spain,

wow, seems alot less than what i had already thought.

Eh, Europe was great, although i was there for just the first 7 yeaqrs of my life mostly, coming back to U.S. A. to visit folks.

I have lready been to Washington D.C. and Hawaii, and i have hawaii as my favorite, it was really bliss.