PDA

View Full Version : UI and playstyle for the PC.

idol-of-ohio
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some input into how the game plays in comparison to other MMO's on the market. I just want to know what I'm getting intop before I actually start playing, and what I should expect. I was also wondering if anyone could post a screenshot of the UI in the PC version so I could see what it looks like.

Edit: I was also wondering if the choice of race has any bearing in the long rrun, effecting certain jobs, like primary stats and such. I'm just wondering how big of a difference it end up making.

Yeargdribble
05-03-2006, 11:27 PM
If I wasn't having connection problems I'd post some good SS of the UI. It's actually a pretty sharp learning curve but fine once you get it down. Compared to other MMOs I'd say perhaps there's less freedom to do things on your own, especially at lower levels. It requires more time requirement but at the same time I think you will reap greater rewards as a result. Getting a WP (World Pass) from someone here who could mentor you in your beginnings would be a superb idea.

As far as race choices go it really doesn't matter very much at all in the long run with very very few exceptions. Even if your race may not be the best choice for a job in certain situations their race choice can be preferrable in others. Taru tanks a general rule do not tank certain endgame mobs well mostly because of the ease of them being one shotted. However, I personally prefer Taru PLDs especially in XP and many other situations.

Gear can make up for a ton of shortcomings but you will always have to face a little racism in the game if you choose certain combinations. However, if you are a truly great player you can turn this racism to your advantage. People will always remember a phenominal Galka WHM or an awesome Taru PLD or NIN. People's naturally lowered expectations give these people an advantage and make it easier for them to build reputations.

I'll say definitely choose the race you want and the job you want and don't worry about what anyone says. If you don't really care about race you can choose what will suit your playstyle best.

idol-of-ohio
05-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Thanks a ton for the respone man, lots of good info in there. can't wait to get the game and try some of these things out!