PDA

View Full Version : Where do chocobos come from?

Kazekat
05-03-2006, 09:35 PM
:choc2: I've been wondering this lately. In fact, ever since I saw Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. That's because they have big bird creatures that look a lot like chocobos (and they use them for mobility too!). So I'm confused. Did Final Fantasy come up with the whole chocobo thing or was there a previous source they got the idea from? Anyone know? :confused:

dodhungry
05-04-2006, 12:26 AM
The idea came from Sesame Street duh.:rolleyes2

RedCydranth
05-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Eggs.

I dunno if there's a specific origin, but perhaps Ostriches and Chickens. A chocobo is an oversized Chicken-Ostrich.

Markus. D
05-04-2006, 06:29 AM
Chocobos are born from other chocobos.

RedCydranth
05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Chocobos are born from other chocobos.

Well that is how all living things are created, its called reproduction. However in the case of Chocobos, they use the Egg route, rather than the live birth thing we mammals do.

feioncastor
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Where do Chocobos come from? Well, when a mommy chocobo and a daddy chocobo love each other very much, they want to express that love. So they have wild hot chocobo sex all night long. And then four weeks later, when the mommy chocobo learns that she is going to have a baby chocobo, suddenly the daddy chocobo get 'dismissed' by Ramza. The mommy chocobo thinks the daddy chocobo is just being a deadbeat and not taking care of the baby, but really, the daddy did get dismissed because he wasn't as strong as the mommy or the baby, and it was time to recruit Orlandu, so you know, a chocobo had to go, and the weakest one was the daddy.

And the mommy totally bought that BS story, after a while. Right now, the daddy is out there knocking up another chocobo as we speak.

Another interesting story is the one where a boy chocobo falls deeply in love with a girl chocobo and they decide to have a baby. Well, they are super happy with one another and anxious as heck to see their new chocobaby. But when the baby is born, oh my god, it's a BLACK CHOCOBO! The daddy is crushed to learn that his wife cheated on him with a black guy. So he tries to kill the baby, but the baby just Choco balls the junk out of the dad and then flies away, screaming "Hey dad, why don't you follow me? Oh yeah, I forgot! You can't fly!"

As he was flying away, a huge Choco Meteor descended from the sky into the young bird's head, crushing his skull and leaving a single purple feather on the ground, which, after a while, turned into a treasure box containing a phoenix down. Turns out that the dad was half Red Chocobo.

Sucks for them.

This post made way more sense when this thread was still in the FFT board, so if you, the reader, doesn't understand any part of this post, you need to get off the internet and play all the way through Final Fantasy Tactics. Now.

LunarWeaver
05-04-2006, 07:28 PM
^ ahahehehehe ^_^; Chocobo racial discrimination is quite out of control. Try cooking Chocobo eggs, they're good at breakfast.

On a serious note, Sakaguchi has said yes Miyazaki's Nausicaa was the inspiration for them :O

crazybayman
05-04-2006, 07:28 PM
The real question is:
Which came first? The Chocobo, or the egg?

LunarWeaver
05-04-2006, 07:29 PM
The real question is:
Which came first? The Chocobo, or the egg?

OooOoooOooOooh O_o

theundeadhero
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Chocobo. Eggs weren't in FF for many years later.

DJZen
05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
On a serious note, Sakaguchi has said yes Miyazaki's Nausicaa was the inspiration for them :O

Source? I just find that curious because the original chocobo designs didn't look like birds at all. They looked more like ugly gigantic reptiles.

Yuffie514
05-05-2006, 12:14 AM
E G G S.

i thought this was a thread which question the place of their origin (like a region or somewhat, where they are found, etc)...

~SapphireStar~
05-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Where do chocobos come from?
Well, a mummy chocobo and a daddy chocobo fall in love and ...

Evastio
05-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Chocobos came from Yoshitaka Amano's imagination. I think.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm sure Sakaguchi or someone else in the development department thought up the Chocobos, though I've also heard that they were designed off of the Ohmus as well. :cat: Amano's Chocobo design doesn't really look like the sprites at all. :cat: So I wouldn't say he designed them...well, meh.

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 01:56 AM

Source? I just find that curious because the original chocobo designs didn't look like birds at all. They looked more like ugly gigantic reptiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocobo#Description That's the best straight up source I can offer. I read that in a Game Informer mag a long time ago though, that's where I got it from.

feioncastor
05-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Where do chocobos come from?
Well, a mummy chocobo and a daddy chocobo fall in love and ...
I already milked this joke to the maximum... LOL

~SapphireStar~
05-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah I didnt see that.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Chocobos are probably the most acient species on every FF world since they have been used throughout history in every game. They were the first species. God created them...YES!