PDA

View Full Version : Beating the final paradox cup, 99 required?

Rizzice
05-04-2006, 05:24 AM
I'm playing standard mode, and it says the level for the cup is 99.. but is it really necessary? I'm level 90 right now, and I've had ease with the first 20 levels (i didn't have time to finish so i had to quit), but perhaps it gets harder..

Giga Guess
05-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Well for all I've heard, the 49th round is a bitch, so...

Tavrobel
05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
No it isn't, but it is much more difficult for you if not at level 99.

Yooniece
05-05-2006, 06:50 AM
The Paradox Cup really isn't so bad until, like Giga said, you get to round 49. Yeah. Hades is the last competitor but the round before him (Squall/Leon, Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie) is way more difficult, IMO. You don't necessarily have to be at level 99, but it is a good idea to have field abilities mastered so you can run/dodge/block more quickly. Tifa and Squall chase after you like no other and it's really hard to keep an eye on all four of them at once. I think the best way to beat the round is to take out everyone except Cloud- leave him for last so you can focus on kicking his ass. Listen for all the audio warnings... if any of the characters says something like "this is going to hurt" get the HELL away from them. Stay in the air/jump as much as possible (while keeping an eye on everyone's positions) because Cloud and others have a lot of ground-based attacks that can seriously hurt you. Bah, I've said too much.

Cruise Control
05-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Holy crap. That sounds insane.

Lord Xehanort
05-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Just spam Reflega on Tifa and she'll kill herself with her finisher, and wound the others. With her out of the way, engage Yuffie the teleport fiend, and spam Reflega again. With 2 down, Cloud and Leon are no harder than they were earlier in the Hades Paradox Cup.