PDA

View Full Version : Huge Materia and Mastered Materia

Duncan1234
05-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Rite ive played through this once but that was a while ago doing none of the extra stuff etc. Now im playing through again and need reminding about these.

Where are the 3 huge materia, one you get from doing the train incident on disk 2. What about the other 2?

When materia masters it duplicates itself yes? Does all materia do this, ive read some dont, eg KOTR?

Does "Master" materia (eg master summon) duplicate itself when mastered, im thinking this is a definite no?

SiberianKiss
05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
The other Huge Materia pieces are found in the rocket they fire at Meteor (you have unlock the combination lock to get it) and the submarine you chase, respectively. Wasn't there a fourth piece as well?

I think all Materia generates a new one once it is mastered, except for the "master" materia (Master Magic etc.).

Duncan1234
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
The other Huge Materia pieces are found in the rocket they fire at Meteor (you have unlock the combination lock to get it) and the submarine you chase, respectively. Wasn't there a fourth piece as well?

I think all Materia generates a new one once it is mastered, except for the "master" materia (Master Magic etc.).

Thanks very much, im not sure if there was a fourth one, Master Summon, Master Magic and Master Command, thats all i remember.

I remember the rocket one, you input a thingy like X,X,L1,R1 or something. I dont remember chasing a submarine at all! Which disk and how far through it was it?

TheSpoonyBard
05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
There are four Huge Materia: one from North Corel, one from Fort Condor, one from the rocket and one from the red sub.

North Corel: Stop the train.
Fort Condor: Win the battle.
Rocket: Enter O, Square, X, X.
Red Sub: Shoot it down in the minigame then go back underwater to retrieve the Huge Materia.

The red Huge Materia will give you Master Summon if you have mastered all 16 summons.
The green Huge Materia will give you Master Magic if you have mastered all 21 magics.
The yellow Huge Materia will give you Master Command if you have mastered D.Blow, Manip., Morph, Mime, Sense, Steal, and Throw.
The blue Huge Materia will give you Bahamut ZERO if you have Bahamut and Neo Bahamut.

The underwater reactor event occurs after the sequence in Cloud's Past in Mideel, late in disc 2.