PDA

View Full Version : Well, are you?

NeoCracker
05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I just started wondering how many people who post here are insomniacs?

I know I am, and I love it. Hate day, and light, so insomnia and me go well together.

We go better together then
:tonberry: and :quina:

Miriel
05-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I stay up late so that I get extra tired and I knock out when I go to bed. If I try to go to bed when I'm not tired, I end up thinking about stuff and then having insane nightmares. So I wait until 3-4AM when my eyes get all droopy to go to sleep.

I can't go to sleep tonight though cause there's an Alias marathon on TNT!

Venom
05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
I dont have insomnia but its hard to sleep during the school year cause I have to get up at like 6:00 AM.

crazybayman
05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm the polar opposite.

If I don't get at least 7 hrs sleep, I'm a piece of shiza the next day.

So I'm asleep before midnight during the week. But that's because I have to get up at 7am for work.

Meat Puppet
05-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I suppose I go through phases of insomnia. As of now I sleep too much, though.

Samuraid
05-04-2006, 01:26 PM
While I can go to sleep at an earlier hour, I sometimes get my sleep schedule somewhat shifted around, kinda like jetlag so I'm up late and sleep in a bit.

I don't have insomnia though.

Loony BoB
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
I get about 5-6 hours of sleep Sunday night to Thursday night, and on Friday and Saturday it varies by a fairly large amount. The season plays a large role for me - the sun comes up at about 3-4am during the sumer in Edinburgh, and shines through into my flat. In the winter, it doesn't come up until around 9-10am, I think.

I generally go to bed between midnight and 2am.

I did once suffer from insomnia, around July last year. I had to go to the doctor to get some knockout pills, which helped a fair amount. It lasted roughly two weeks, maybe a bit longer.

Shaun
05-04-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm definitely an insomniac. I almost always have something negative troubling me, 24/7, so I find it hard to get to sleep. A good night's sleep is a rarity.

Oh, then there's when my Dad snores. It really pisses me off.

Shaun_lawless
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
i don't understand the question lol im kidding i do and no im not one:p

Psychotic
05-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Well, it's either insomnia or my internal body clock hates me.

Gh["]sT
05-04-2006, 03:43 PM
well i guess me and corn cracker have somthing in common then i love staying up all night all the good tv is on then lol :D

Old Manus
05-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I spend most of my time sleeping, so no

Tavrobel
05-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I get to sleep the same time everyday, except for Saturday, so no. I also have the nifty ability to control my intake of any source of caffeine in the last couple of months.

Raistlin
05-04-2006, 04:01 PM
I stay up late so that I get extra tired and I knock out when I go to bed. If I try to go to bed when I'm not tired, I end up thinking about stuff <s>and then having insane nightmares</s>. So I wait until 3-4AM when my eyes get all droopy to go to sleep.

Yeah, pretty much. I don't have insomnia, but I have a horrible time getting to sleep and I usually wake up in the middle of the night (with again the trouble of getting back to sleep) and then I'll wake up an hour before my alarm goes off and not be able to go back to sleep. So I need to leave 8 hours of time to get 5-6 hours of broken up sleep. I don't have any trouble functioning during the day as a result, though, so I'm not very concerned.

Jess
05-04-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't have insomnia. I used to. I go to bed late and sometimes I have a hard time getting to sleep, but that's only if I've got things on my mind.

Shaun
05-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I don't have insomnia. I used to. I go to bed late and sometimes I have a hard time getting to sleep, but that's only if I've got things on my mind.

Or in your belly. Namely, alcohol. :D

project X
05-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Last summer, I used to stay up until about 5-6am and sleep until 3pm. So I guess it's not insomnia, but just really weird sleeping patterns. No luck for this summer though; I have to wake up at 6am for summer school. :(

Itsunari 2000
05-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes. On weekdays, I sleep from after about 9.00 to 12 midnight then that's it.

SammieBabe
05-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't normally, but lately I've had the worst trouble going to sleep. And of course I wake up six times a night...

theundeadhero
05-04-2006, 05:46 PM
No. I sleep 4-5 hours a night and then am fine the next day.

Levian
05-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I only stay up late when I'm playing FFXI with Miriel, because she lives in crazyland.

Jess
05-04-2006, 06:34 PM

Or in your belly. Namely, alcohol. :D
I sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow if I've been drinking. :laugh:

Mika
05-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Staying up late doesn't mean you have insomnia. ~_~

Yes, I do. I can't sleep at night. It's why I'm sometimes really late on the net. It keeps me occupied.

Zeldy
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't have Insomnia. I think I had it one night though, at a sleepover. I found it impossible to sleep.

Apart from that, If I can't sleep I just listen to music.

Khaotic
05-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I sleep everyday at 3-5 in the morning, its just a daily pattern, and I can't sleep any earlier because I just sit in bed wishing I wasn't there. IMO I feel sleeping is a waste of time. I don't really have problems falling asleep or only being able to stay up for a few hours, though.

Alside 64
05-04-2006, 07:41 PM
I usually get 3-4 hours of sleep each night. I have a horrible time getting to sleep at night, but fall asleep at random times through out the day.
It's a vicious cycle.

Anaisa
05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
At the moment I like staying up late, so I wouldn't know whether I've got insomnia or not, because I'm not trying to go to bed early. I'm dreading when the time comes that I have to get up early in the morning. And it better not ruin my dreams! :weep:

marc
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm not an insomniac, my body clock just isn't in tune with the modern world, I could easily go to bed at 5 in the morning and wake up at 11, but instead I have to get up for school at 7am.
But anyway I still can't get to sleep until about 3 or 4 in the morning, so I just usually log on this in the middle of the night.

cloud_doll
05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
well, lately i have been a little. i have to get up in the morning at 7 now so i try to go to bed at 11 to get 8 hours, but most of the time i'll lay down, then just think for two or three hours, then get pissed cuz its late and if i dont get enough sleep im crabby and so drained out.

Spiffing Cheese
05-04-2006, 11:03 PM
I have terrible insomnia, which is probably why I'm on the internet until quite often past 3 AM when it isn't a school night. On nights when my parents make me go to bed early, it takes me on average three to four hours to actually get to sleep, so usually I end up reading until really late.

I hate it. It's horrible.

Yuffie514
05-04-2006, 11:09 PM
sometimes i'm voluntarily being an insomniac by drinking coffee during the middle of the day. well i'm not an early sleeper to begin with, so i usually play video-games, watch TV, or write some things down on paper before going falling alseep. being up late at night has its rewards...

Tempest
05-04-2006, 11:15 PM
I used to stay up late all the time but, since my hours at work require me to be awake at 5am, I tend to sleep more.

Mr. Graves
05-05-2006, 12:10 AM
I get bouts of it from time to time...about once every two years. I get the occasional rough night, too. It sucks so very much, as my mental focus and general functionality is highly important to me.

kikimm
05-05-2006, 02:41 AM
It does take my awhile to fall asleep, even moreso when I'm hyper, but I wouldn't call it insomnia.

Cless
05-05-2006, 03:09 AM
No insomnia for me, I just lurves my sleep too much. I find myself staying up all night and sleeping during the day sometimes though. My sleeping pattern is always in flux.

Venom65437
05-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Sleep is for the weak!

And yes, I'm a major league insomniac!