PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft...

Lychon
05-04-2006, 10:17 PM
So which one of the three major competitors in the console gaming industry do you prefer? Why? (OVERALL impressions, not just their current systems or their future consoles/games).

-LYCHON

Nick Schovitz
05-04-2006, 10:19 PM
What this is an FF site so it'll definetly not be Microsoft, I could've sworn we already had this thread but I'll go ahead and answer. I'm with Sony and then Nintendo. I've played a lot of original XBoX games and the only one I like is Halo.

NeoCracker
05-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I'll go Nintendo, Its almost a Tie between the two,

Zeldy
05-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Nintendo > all

Ballistix Man
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I still love my Xbox. Though my recently aquired PS2 has been getting more use recently.

Dreddz
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Sony or Sega. If I was at gun point, Sony. If Sega was given a chance, then I think there consoles nowadays would be vastly better than the competition today. But alas, the jackass gamers we are didnt let them.

Kyri
05-04-2006, 11:06 PM
I like both Nintendo and Sony, but I voted for Sony because they have more RPGs. ^^

Samuraid
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Something else... gaming computers! They are upgradable and keep with the current technology trends very well, while consoles are locked at specific specifications.

FallenAngel411
05-05-2006, 12:08 AM
I'd have to go with Sony, though Nintendo is a close second. My PS2 has too many awesome games for its own good.

Ouch!
05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Sony, I guess. I spend more time playing my PS2 than my GameCube or XBox. It's games just attract my attention more often. Nintendo clearly has me caught on the Handheld market, though.

XxSephirothxX
05-05-2006, 12:28 AM
I like them all. Sony I really only care about because they have some really good studios working for them and unparalled 3rd party support. Nintendo makes the best games out there, and their systems are usually fun enough. Microsoft has Xbox Live, which is only getting better, and I love Halo and first person shooters. I'll probably purchase a Revolution (Wii, whatever) and PS3 eventually to sit beside my 360.

~SapphireStar~
05-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Sony, Im a massive Sony fangirl. TVs Sony, PS1 & 2, pair of Sony headphones, some Sony CDs.

Rase
05-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Something else... gaming computers! They are upgradable and keep with the current technology trends very well, while consoles are locked at specific specifications.
:up:

I'll probably get some flak for this but whatever...

Of the three main console makers, probably Nintendo overall. I've never owned a Sony system, and the only games that really interest me on it are a few RPG's. I love a good number of Nintendo's regular series (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, F-Zero, Starfox, any Mario sports game...). The Xbox has quite a few good games on it that I enjoy as well, which is pretty good for me considering it's Microsofts first system.

So for me, I guess it's Nintendo first, Microsoft a distant second, followed by Sony.

Slothy
05-05-2006, 04:00 AM
I'll have to pick Sony. Many of the games and series I love come from third party developers, and show up on Sony systems (makes sense with the sheer number of people who have owned the PSX and PS2). I also love some of their first party titles, such as Gran Turismo, Ico, and Shadow of the Colossus. At the end of the day though, there's a reason I own just over 50 PS2 games, and that's simply because more great games are showing up on Sony consoles if you ask me.

As for the other options; Microsoft's third party support for the Xbox has been rather forgettable with anything truly worthwhile generally being on other systems as well. And their first party titles are a non factor in my opinion. The only one of note is the Halo series, and I was playing better FPS games on my PC six years ago or more.

Nintendo, god love 'em, has some of the most recognized and loved franchises in the industry, and in the past have made truly great titles. Unfortunately, these franchises suffered on the GC if you ask me. Titles like Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc. really only offered the same stuff we had pretty much seen on the N64, but less of it, and weren't as well done and ambitious as previous incarnations. I personally think that their major series have taken steps backward in moving to the GC, and it really dissapoints me. Here's hoping for some improvement (or perhaps even just some news on) these series future incarnations on the Wii. Hopefully they can rally some decent third party support for a change as well, though I'd be surprised if that actually happens, new controller or not.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Sony and Nintendo. Both need not explanation. Never really cared for Microsoft's console, it doesn't really have any games that interest me. And Nintendo having their next-gen console be able to download older games is a dream come true. :cat: :love:

Lynx
05-05-2006, 04:10 AM
other suprvision 8000 wins. not really its one of those systems no one ever hears of i never played it but it exhists. for real id have to choose nintendo final fantasy started on it plus its got zelda and mario. mega man started on it too another one of my favorites also one of my favorite ffs were for it final fantasy 3 (6). favorite mega man mega man X3 and so far havent played a Zelda i didnt love. nintendo wins my vote.

fantasyjunkie
05-05-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm all 3, and will eventually have all 3 systems

Carmilla
05-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Sony for consoles.
Nintendo for handhelds.

There are no other options for me. :choc2:

Yamaneko
05-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I'd say the PC platform is the best because it has the games I like, except I can't afford a thousand dollars in upgrades every year to keep up with bleeding-edge technology. I'm really enjoying my 360, it's an awesome system. I don't have a preference, though. I just go where the good games are.

DeathKnight
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I like both Nintendo and Sony, but I voted for Sony because they have more RPGs. ^^

Quoted for truth.

I'll go with Nintendo just to balance it out ^^

bipper
05-05-2006, 05:41 PM

I go with this untill the Sega Ressurection!

Out of the current choices, it is a toss up between Sony (market cheek) and Nintendo as their company is truly great and they seem to be willing to take better (smarter) risks.

Nintendo FTW.

Bipper

Fithos
05-06-2006, 04:38 AM
If nintendo had better third party support they would win every time, but alas. Im still going to go with nintendo, but it gets harder with every relation they sever. (square, enix, rare, etc.)

Agent Proto
05-06-2006, 04:48 AM
No, I would blame Microsoft for buying Rare away from Nintendo. Damn them. Also, I do believe Nintendo and Square-Enix's relationship have been improving as of lately.

bipper
05-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Has anyone been minimally impressed with square's work of late? I think DQ 8 was the best thing they have put out as of late, but I am a dragonball fan, so naturally I would think that :). I am just loosing faith in square all together.

Bipper

Madame Adequate
05-06-2006, 04:52 AM
SEGA > PCs > X-Box = PS2 > Most of the rest of the industry > Nintendo.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-06-2006, 06:42 AM
I'll go with Nintendo, because the Wii looks promising, and the DS is so much better than the PSP.

Rengori
05-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Sony for home, Nintendo for on the go.

Reine
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
My personal favourite would be Nintendo, because of the fun factor and quality of their games, but Sony has the gazillion games on it. Nethertheless, I vote Nintendo

Just look at this: All those sony games, yet I still vote Nintendo? Yet, a fanboy I am not.. (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Andreil/Room%20of%20Delusion/PS2andAnime.jpg)

As for PC games, They tend to be the same really, and get boring too fast. Besides, sitting at a computer desk is utterly uncomfortable. I'll play my games from my bed thank you! Also, they cost too much to upgrade, and what for? another game wille released and you need to upgrade AGAIN.

As for Microsoft, I dislike the company, and I also dislike the console. Only about three games that I want to play the XBox, and two of them are on PC now (And better)

I loved Sega though ;_;
I grew up on them

Madame Adequate
05-06-2006, 03:06 PM
As for PC games, They tend to be the same really, and get boring too fast. Besides, sitting at a computer desk is utterly uncomfortable. I'll play my games from my bed thank you! Also, they cost too much to upgrade, and what for? another game wille released and you need to upgrade AGAIN.

Riiiiiight, World of Warcraft is practically indistinguishable from Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. And there's not a notable difference between either of those and F.E.A.R.

DeathKnight
05-07-2006, 12:52 AM
I'll go with Nintendo, because the Wii looks promising, and the DS is so much better than the PSP.

Quoted for TRUTH!

Yuffie514
05-07-2006, 02:15 AM
since 1997, Sony has been the primary source in my house. favorable, memorable, and long-lasting...

Cid Vicious
05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Sony.
The PSOne and PS2 has been my reason for living for the past 7 years.

Vyk
05-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Apparently I'm the only one to vote for Microsoft so far. I can live with that. People think all an X-Box is good for is Halo and sports/racing games. I woulda never played Knights of the Old Republic had it not been for X-Box. And then came Fable:TLC and Jade Empire, and KOTOR 2, and lots of orgasming.

Microsoft has Mistwalker, which, according to hype, will be the new Squaresoft of old. Though I doubt they'll live up to that, but Sakaguchi and Uematsu deffinitely have potential for big game. And BioWare is still with Microsoft. Can't wait to see what Mass Effect is like. And Gears of War? And Too Human. And BioShock. I can't think of anything on PS3 that'll attract my interest. So FFXIII will probably be there. No big deal to me. I'm not excited over FFXII. I won't miss MGS, as I haven't played any of that for years anyway. DMC never caught my interest. Tekken can stuff it. Sony just doesn't play a hand that I can really get into. And Nintendo... I won't bash them. But Metroid and Zelda just aren't my cup of tea. And that's usually all they have going for them.

So Microsoft it is. And I hope KOTOR 3 lands with them some day

Mythra
05-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Nintendo is pretty much what started me in gaming. But I try not to be considered a "fanboy" or whatever. Its all about the games to me. Doesn't matter which system they are for, I'm just in it for the games. Now, there are systems with games that I prefer over others, Final Fantasy comes to mind, but I still just look for the games. In time I plan on buying all the next-gen systems after they come out.

vampirepiggyhunter7
05-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Tinendo

Rin.
05-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Sony all the way, the best RPG's are on Sony!

Crossblades
05-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I like all competitors, but I choose Nintendo because I love their trademark mascots like Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc.

Old Manus
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Sony - It sounds cooler

FSolaHalo
05-09-2006, 03:44 AM
being a great halo 2 fan and xbox player, i am one of the two who voted for the microsoft. however, this being a FF foruum, of course sony will dominate. i love all the consoles and systems, but i enjoy halo the most.

Shaun
05-09-2006, 01:31 PM
I think Microsoft have become complete morons lately and I really don't like the Xbox 360. I don't like Nintendo's moves over the past few years either. Whilst they've brought some great things like the DS, they've made some grave errors.

I thought I'd never say this, but out of the three: Sony.

Carmilla
05-09-2006, 11:55 PM
As of right now the top 10 games on Gamespot.com are:

1. FF XIII - PS3
2. Resistance - PS3
3. Heavenly Sword - PS3
4. Metal Gear 4 - PS3
5. Gran Tourismo HD - PS3
6. FF III - DS
7. FF vs XIII - PS3
8. Tekken 6 - PS3
9. FF XII - PS2
10. Sonic the Hedgehog - PS3

Where the heck are the 360 and Wii games? :mog:

escobert
05-10-2006, 12:14 AM
PC thanks :p

Ya Boy Alex
05-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Microsoft for most of the reasons Vyk posted.
Though I voted for Juggernaut.