PDA

View Full Version : FFIX copyed DBZ

dirkdirden
05-05-2006, 05:01 AM
Is it just me or does Zadine Remind you of Goku. I'll point out some similarites

Both from a different planet.
Both have a tail.
Both don't know they are from a different planet until there evil brother comes down to inform them.
Both have an evil brother.
Evil brother Turns SUPER SAYAIN.
Goku and Zadines home planet both get distroyed.
They are both one of the last few of there Race.

does anyone else see the conection or am I takeing Crazy pills

FallenAngel411
05-05-2006, 05:05 AM
Kuja never became a SUPER SAIYAN.....

And no....nothing about FFIX has ever made me think of DBZ. They're just completely.....no.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 05:16 AM
Yes, there are similarities between Dragonball and FFIX, but it really isn't that surprising. :cat:

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Dragonball Z, like Kevin Bacon, can be connected to everything, from Final Fantasy IX to Bob down the street.

But I wouldn't say they go "super saiyan" because it doesn't take them 37 episodes to power up into Trance mode.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 05:22 AM
Yeah, but it does have striking resemblences to Dragonball, for the reasons mentioned. I already noticed these, but like I said, I don't find it too surprising. :cat: Dragonball was/is pretty popular (I'd imagine more so in Japan), so meh.

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Aheheh ^_^

Actually I HAVE thought this before. But I didn't say anything because I didn't want the FFIX Fans to send their monkeys to attack me. Which will now commence ~_^

Shaun_lawless
05-05-2006, 05:46 AM
nope cause there were only 4 saiyans left with goku and there was about 25 monkeys and zidanes world wasn't destroyed as you can see on the fourth disc DUH:p

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 05:47 AM
nope cause there were only 4 saiyans left with goku and there was about 25 monkeys and zidanes world wasn't destroyed as you can see on the fourth disc DUH:p

This information has Pwnd me to the tenth degree. >_>

dirkdirden
05-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Its not a bad thing

I like both DBZ and FFIX, its like saying that Chrono looks like Goku it ant a bad thing.

I'm just glade that other people noticed it as well, becuase all my freinds think I'm retarted, but they haven't watched DBZ so they don't know.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 06:09 AM
It's not bad, it's actually quite cute. :cat:

But...y'do know that Toriyama also designed the characters for Chrono Trigger right? :p I'd assume you do. Well, that's why they'd look alike. (Chrono and Son Goku.) Meh. :cat:

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 06:12 AM
It's not bad, it's actually quite cute. :cat:

But...y'do know that Toriyama also designed the characters for Chrono Trigger right? :p I'd assume you do. Well, that's why they'd look alike. (Chrono and Son Goku.) Meh. :cat:

Plural Characters? Isn't his secret to design one and just copy paste with new hair *dodges and evades the angryness*

It's the monkey tail mixed with the other factors that truly pushes it into DBZ-ish territory. Maybe monkey-tails were the new fetish in Japan until replaced by cat-ears.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I can understand why you'd think he doesn't have originality, but every artist has their own style. Though if you really think he just re-uses every design, you really should look at other things he's done work on. :cat: :P

And who can honestly resist Trance Kuja?

LunarWeaver
05-05-2006, 06:18 AM
I can understand why you'd think he doesn't have originality, but every artist has their own style. Though if you really think he just re-uses every design, you really should look at other things he's done work on. :cat: :P

And who can honestly resist Trance Kuja?

Oh you know I'm only ruffling feathers...Coz we sure need more of that in this place. He made Lucca, I'd let the guy use me as a rug. Lucca is awesome incarnate.

It's true that Kuja is the best villain of all time. That's basically what I'd look like if I ever lost control of my mojo and went evil, so I can relate.

Rengori
05-06-2006, 01:11 AM
But I wouldn't say they go "super saiyan" because it doesn't take them 37 episodes to power up into Trance mode.
Burn.

And DBZ sucked after Freeza died.

~SapphireStar~
05-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Agreed, he was an excellent villian, his voice was so feminine and cute :D

Nick Schovitz
05-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Kuja wasn't his brother, he was of his species though, he accidentally got an extra female chromosome stuck in him. besides the tail, I don't think so.

boys from the dwarf
05-06-2006, 08:38 AM
i dont think their deliberate similarities. just coincidence.

Shotgunnova
05-06-2006, 09:02 AM
The listed articles happen to relate to DBZ, but moreso, they are related to mainstays in the FF series. Evil brothers, not knowing you have people related to you, former homes getting destroyed... The tail thing I'll give you, but there is very little content (if any) that points to Zidane being a copy of a Dragonball character.

J.Raven
05-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Kuja never became a SUPER SAIYAN.....

And no....nothing about FFIX has ever made me think of DBZ. They're just completely.....no.Maybe its when Kuja reaches permanant trance from the time he blows up in rage and destroys Pandemonium to when he tries destroying the Crystal.

But it wouldn't be surprising if similarities were found in games. Some even do it on purpose in the form of 'Easter eggs' so that you go, 'yeah I know what he's talking about, good times then'. Part of raising the interest level.

Fantasy Fan
05-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Burn.

Nah, I think it sucked after Cell. Cell was really cool.But Buu? Come on. It's like fighting a piece of gum that eats you after someone stronger comes. Absolutely stupid and crap.

Zeromus_X
05-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Wow, I guess nobody ever reads the manga. :cat:

Fantasy Fan
05-08-2006, 04:39 PM
tbh, FF9 is so cool, you can associate it with anything!

Crossblades
05-08-2006, 05:55 PM

This never happened in DBZ

And yes, I noticed these similarities before. It could be just a coincidence But it doesn't matter, because I always compare DBZ to the FF series anyway.

Fantasy Fan
05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
FFVIII copied DBZ!

Squall=Goku
Rinoa=Chichi
Quistis=Bulma
Seifer=Vegeta
Edea=Freiza

Mokoto
05-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Well not really because its just a story that many games/animation that might follow because its a good interesting story to watch or play and kuja goes into a trance not a super saiyan.

Vivisteiner
05-12-2006, 09:36 PM
I thought that too. The bit about Zidane not coming from Earth but being fostered, like Goku. And Kuja being of the same race-but evil.

wingHEART
05-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah, sometimes FFIX reminded me of DBZ, but mostly just because of the whole tail-thing.
But thats about it.

Slothy
05-14-2006, 02:20 AM

This never happened in DBZ

Beat me to it.

Anyway, if you chalk those very broad connections to anything other than coincidence, then you definitely are taking crazy pills. Heck, the actual details behind each similarity you brought up are pretty much totally different.

Skyie
05-17-2006, 02:40 PM

That's not technically true. But there's no point putting spoilers in for the sake of a troll.

Slade
05-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, I always suspected Cloud was Super Saiyan Gohan reincarnate so I guess your theory isn't that farfetched....:D

starseeker
05-18-2006, 03:27 PM
I just remember thinking 'this reminds me of DBZ' during good chunks of FFIX.

G13
05-31-2006, 02:34 AM
Plural Characters? Isn't his secret to design one and just copy paste with new hair *dodges and evades the angryness*

It's the monkey tail mixed with the other factors that truly pushes it into DBZ-ish territory. Maybe monkey-tails were the new fetish in Japan until replaced by cat-ears.

Freakin' sweet!

Fantasy Fan
05-31-2006, 10:47 AM
:lol:

Crossblades
05-31-2006, 04:59 PM
:lol:

Can't see pic:(

Dell
05-31-2006, 05:33 PM
I read through all the thread.

DBZ don't sucked after Cell and Freeza died, it was after Buu died!
I like it when Satan meet with Buu (the fat one) and Satan becomes Buu's servant.

Anyway, FFIX didn't have any connection with DBZ, it's just a coincidence. Maybe, Hironobu Sakaguchi is DBZ fans, that's all.

Zellmfh
06-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Is it just me or does Zadine Remind you of Goku. I'll point out some similarites

I m confused, Raditz turned SSJ? dont think so! Those are a few similiar things, but FF has a much better story behind it. Plus, transforming is pretty common in fantasy stories. Besides, a Super Saiyan looks way different from trance, where every character looks different. Personally, I don 't believe you 're right. but hey, who cares? It 's only an opinion.

sub zero
06-24-2006, 11:12 AM
i rember reading some where (probibly squall of seed) on it being said in game that zidane was kujas brother but it was set up so that when zidanes power was equal to are greater than kujas that kuja will die. also that mikoto is zidanes sister.

Hayabusa
06-24-2006, 02:34 PM
EVERYTHING is DBZ

daggertrepe
06-24-2006, 03:35 PM

Both from a different planet.
Both have a tail.
Both don't know they are from a different planet until there evil brother comes down to inform them.
Both have an evil brother.
Goku and Zadines home planet both get distroyed.

Yeah everyone copies DBZ, the matrix, and you spelled Zidane wrong! :D

Christmas
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
WHERE THE SEVEN DRAGON BALLS IN THE GAME?? I AM ENTITLED TO THREE WISHES YA KNOW.