PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial EoFF Decathlon!

Shaun
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Okay, first of all, I don't want people assuming this is a totally bad idea, because it isn't. I just want to give those who didn't make it into the decathlon a chance at another one! Well, project X started this whole idea so thanks to her! We'll both be running the decathlon if enough people are interested. I have decided to accept thirty participants. We have already thought of some rather fun challenges, so if you're interested please post.

If you have no idea what this is, exactly, then check Agent Proto's official decathlon, or if you'd rather me explain here... It's a series of challenges that will require different skills. Some might be relatively easy, and some might be rather difficult. The participants will have until a deadline to achieve what me and project X have asked. All participants shall submit their entries by that time, and we'll create an appropriate point system. So, post if you're interested. If you post too late, you might miss the place.

P.S. Dear Leeza, and other friendly CKs - please don't lock this thinking it is simply a duplicate of the other decathlon. We're making this happen so those who missed out get a second chance. It'll be extremely fun - there's no reason why you should lock it. Not much interesting has happened in Gen. Chat lately anyway.

Lenna
05-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Shaun I hate to say this but I doubt it'd be allowed. The Decathlon is something that is done every so often, so those who haven't had the chance to get in it this time will have another chance. Which is how I think the CK's will see it :/

Shaun
05-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I personally don't see why not. I have no idea what the prize will be in this but none of it regards the official EoFF rules. We're just trying to do something entertaining for people. Is that against the rules? If it shall please you, we'll give it a different name and it will not be a decathlon, so it therefore will not have any association with the decathlon happening now.

Lenna
05-05-2006, 02:36 PM
it is still a competition though Shaun, and on this forum to run a competition you need to have the permission by the CK's and make sure there are no other competitions running at that time(In the forum section posted in), which is why Proto said when the Ciddies come around, he would stop for a break. That has always been the case, as well as with unofficial ones, it's still a competition.

-N-
05-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Actually, you don't really need CK permission to run any kind of competition - it's just an understood agreement that competitions shouldn't conflict with one another and it's worked out on a one-to-one basis. Anyways Shaun, it's not that your thing won't be allowed, but don't be surprised if no one gives a damn. There's always next year, champ.

Flying Mullet
05-05-2006, 03:15 PM
We can declare you the winner of the Unofficial EoFF Decathalon now Shaun.

You are teh winnar!

Old Manus
05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Cool_Ronald.jpg

Pheesh
05-05-2006, 04:11 PM
I can't see this surviving the ciddies break anyway. It would be lost in a sea of stuff. But don't sweat. You just have to keep an eye out for the next one.

Stay Essential
EE

Psychotic
05-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Well aren't we all a bunch of glass half-full types?

NeoCracker
05-05-2006, 04:13 PM
I'll give Shaun a C for Effort,

Madonna
05-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I give both Shaun and project x a thumbs up and hopefully there's interest enough and no one minds an unofficial and different Decathlon running.

Agent Proto
05-05-2006, 05:00 PM
I have no objection to this. I'll just think of it as what the Special Olympics are to the Olympics.

project X
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
The Special Olympics? Alright, I'm totally down for this.

Flying Mullet
05-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Now you made it sounds cool pr00t! :aimmad:

Agent Proto
05-05-2006, 05:20 PM
It's not my fault if they want to be 'retards'. xD

DK
05-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Jeff. :mad2:

We should put Marick in charge of this.

Agent Proto
05-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm just saying I have nothing against an unofficial decathlon. However, Shaun, I suggest that you cut it down to 3 round and make it a triathlon, because I'm sure you won't last 10 weeks to cover a contest like this. There are several steps in this. Are you sure you want to go through ten weeks of this?

Step One: Plan the round.
Step Two: Post the round.
Step Three: Receive Entries.
Step Four: Prepare entries for votes.
Step Five: Post entires.
Step Six: Receive and count votes.
Step Seven: Announce the results, show vote tally.
Step Eight: Repeat over till finished.

SammieBabe
05-05-2006, 05:53 PM
So does this mean that if people don't get nominated for any Ciddies they're going to start their own awards? :)
Hey! You can call them the Shaunies!!

Mo-Nercy
05-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm glad I got into the decathalon.

bipper
05-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I am a fat white man. The word decatholon frightens me terribly - even if it is the special brand. :mad:

Shaun
05-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Pfft, you're all seriously underrating me. I could handle this with (moderate) ease and I could set better tasks than captioning (no offence, Proto). The challenges will take some skill. The competitors will need some computer literacy. So, in comparison (yet again, no offence) I think yours would be the Special Olympics. ^^

I don't see why my idea should get discarded simply because there is already a decathlon. That is why I am calling this the "EoFF Test of Skill 2006". Heheh. Okay, okay, I know this might not work. But if you think you have sufficient skills to take part in this, please reply. Heck, if it doesn't get anywhere, I'll lock it. But at least I tried! Also, I'd appreciate it if a CK could change this topic's name to "EoFF Test of Skill 2006". Thanks.

P.S. I'm typing this from my work break so I may not be able to reply till tomorrow.

project X
05-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I like the idea of the lazy hippie special olympics. With one event.

bipper
05-05-2006, 07:45 PM

and as many winnars as there are participants.

eestlinc
05-05-2006, 07:49 PM
So does this mean that if people don't get nominated for any Ciddies they're going to start their own awards? :)
That's exactly what I said.

SammieBabe
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
That's exactly what I said.

Yeah! They can be the Razzies to our Oscars!!! :D

McLovin'
05-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Turn me up.

Lost Number
05-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Ill risk it. I need the training for the full thing next time.

project X
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM

and as many winnars as there are participants.
NOW you're thinking. :cool:

Old Manus
05-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Sounds good.

Shaun
05-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Right. Two participants so far. You won't regret this. And, er, getting a Shaunie will be um... great! Trust me, there'll be some fun challenges in this.

Twenty-eight more places available.

Miriel
05-05-2006, 10:24 PM
On the last episode of America's Next Top Model, the girls were posing on an elephant and Joanie busts out these crazy moves on the elephants foot and was all bam! Bam! And Sarah saw what she was doing and when it was her turn, he gets up on the elephants foot and starts imitating Joanie's stuff move for move except not as prettily. And Joanie was all, "oh heeeell no" and everyone else was all, "oh heeeeeeeell no" and Tyra was all, "Girl, uh uh." But Sarah still survived the elimination round and loony toons Furonda got sent home.

There's a point to my rambling and it relates to this thread. But mostly I wanted to talk about AnTM cause no one wants to gossip about it with me. :(

theundeadhero
05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
So does this mean that if people don't get nominated for any Ciddies they're going to start their own awards?
Dude, I've thought about the Shluppies a million times.

Shaun
05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Heh, I know what you're getting at. I don't care if you think I'm copying Proto's.

1. This is no longer a decathlon.

2. The challenges will be different than Proto's.

3. Proto doesn't have boobs (I hope).

4. Did Proto even start the decathlon anyway?

Well, whatever. Quit whining about it and accept it. I've tried hard to make something fun happen at EoFF, and for once, it might happen.

Thank you.

P.S. That was to Miriel, not theundeadhero. ;)

Miriel
05-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Models don't have boobs either.

Zing!

And I wasn't whining, but ok. It just might be better to hold your little contest thing after the current events have finished. You know, just to be polite to the people who started their event before you did.

Shaun
05-05-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't see what difference it makes. These are entirely separate events; they don't correspond at all. They're external to one another.

Raistlin
05-05-2006, 10:45 PM
I don't see what difference it makes. These are entirely separate events; they don't correspond at all. They're external to one another.
But having two events at the same time interferes with the attention paid to each individual event. That's why it's typical <i>common courtesy</i> not to start a new event while another one's already going on, and why the decathlon always stops for the Ciddies.

project X
05-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Nobody's really gonna pay too much attention to the special olympics, but either way, Raistlin's right.

SammieBabe
05-05-2006, 11:04 PM
So does this mean that if people don't get nominated for any Ciddies they're going to start their own awards?
Dude, I've thought about the Shluppies a million times.

We should so organize them....:D

Shaun
05-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't see what's with all the jokes on disabled people anyway - it's not very funny to laugh at disadvantaged people in general. Some of you should receive the 'Extreme Prejudice' Ciddie...

And okay, if it's going to make everyone happy, I'll postpone this until the decathlon is over. Hopefully that won't be too long?

Miriel
05-05-2006, 11:20 PM
The Official Decathlon is set to go on hiatus when the Ciddies begin and start back up after it's finished.

And I think BoB is starting the pre-ciddie voting stuff in a little while. So... yeah.

DK
05-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Cram it, Miriel!

Miriel
05-05-2006, 11:23 PM
No postcard for you. :mad2:

DK
05-05-2006, 11:24 PM
This is why Miriel will never live up to the standards set by Agent Proto. :\

Skarr
05-06-2006, 12:54 AM
*Insert cheesy catchphrase here* HAHAHAHAHAHAHa....:)

Samuraid
05-06-2006, 01:03 AM
While you probably have some great ideas for competition rounds, Shaun, you should wait (as others have said) until the current competitions pass. You will probably get more contestants and entries.

-N-
05-06-2006, 10:12 AM
You'll be popular someday. Zing! :monster:

Shaun
05-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Okay, like mentioned I'll postpone this till afterwards. Lost Number and the guy on the other page (sorry, I'm lazy) will have automatic places when the time comes if they like. Just tell me one more thing and then I'm happy with this thread being locked: when is the decathlon going to end?

Agent Proto
05-06-2006, 04:40 PM
To be honest, it's gonna take over ten weeks. Each round is going to last a week. Also, let's not forget that the Decathlon with likely take a few weeks off for the Ciddies and my own personal vacation to California. :) So, you're likely going to wait until August at earliest.

Shaun
05-06-2006, 04:46 PM
No problemo. I can wait.

Pheesh
05-07-2006, 06:33 AM
If you didn't wait how would you know if the challenges wouldn't be the same. Most things like this are completely dried up of idea's.

Stay Essential
EE

Shaun
05-07-2006, 01:22 PM
We'll just wait and see, eh? I'm a very creative person and no matter what, I'll have fuckloads of ideas.

This thread has no purpose now and can be locked.

NeoCracker
05-07-2006, 01:28 PM
We'll just wait and see, eh? I'm a very creative person and no matter what, I'll have smurfloads of ideas.

This thread has no purpose now and can be locked.
But thats exactly why it must be kept open.

Miriel
05-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Alrighty then.