PDA

View Full Version : Stoneproof armors

Chlis
05-05-2006, 11:29 AM
where can i get these? how many petrify grenades it take to customize it into an armor? i need it badly to get anima any help would be greatly appreciated < spelling?! xD

Renmiri
05-05-2006, 12:59 PM
You can try to buy it, or use Rikku to mug/steal gems and grenades from the petrifying fiends at the Mushroom rock / Djose stretch.

Chlis
05-05-2006, 01:18 PM
buy it from where?

ScottNUMBERS
05-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Go to the Omega dungeon, and look for a (very common) encounter in which you will see a small lizard-type fiend and a treasure chest, steal from the lizard twice then run, if you're feeling confident steal from the chest, you may get 50,000 Gil...

If the fights are a little too tough for you, try the suggestion mentioned by Renmiri.

And you can't buy them, although I'm pretty sure you could bribe them from some kind of fiend.

Tavrobel
05-05-2006, 03:23 PM
You get 99 Petrify Grenades for unlocking Jormungand (collect 10 of all the fiends on Djose Road).

You also steal these at very high rates from certain enemies, as well as good bribe rates. Unfortunately, I am separated from my guide right now.

Chlis
05-05-2006, 03:25 PM
i killed the thing by baaj temple which i needed em for but now i aint got the treasures for djose, macalania, besaid is there anyway of getting them without getting owned by the dark aeons? i cant get anima, magus sisters yunas sigil or crest cant remember which without getting them lol >.<

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-05-2006, 03:32 PM
too bad, u can't do besaid or macalania without fiting valefor n shiva.

no u cant get anima
no u cant get yuna's sigil
yes u can get yunas crest. go to besaid beach and go in the water, then swim rite to find an alcov with the moon crest in it. granted its pretty useless on its own
yes u can get magus sisters, u only need to defeat belgemine's bahamut to get the key item required for the magus sisters. u will laso need to catch one of every fiend on gagazet for the 2nd key item

Tavrobel
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
You can either sneak past them (if allowed), or you can fight the Arena monsters and be without half of the Celestial Weapons and extra Aeons, since you have to complete the Sphere Grid if you even want to consider fighting the Dark Aeons.

Alternatively, you can continue playing International, and get Yojimbo (whom you can still get), and pay him ten thousand gil and get Zanmato every single time.

yes u can get magus sisters, u only need to defeat belgemine's bahamut to get the key item required for the magus sisters. u will laso need to catch one of every fiend on gagazet for the 2nd key item

You can only get the Magus Sisters if you already have the other two Aeons, Belgemine won't let you fight them. But he can still get the Blossom Crown.

Chlis
05-05-2006, 04:23 PM
i need the sigil already got crest ;) and dam i really wanted anima does zanmoto work on anything boss's n all? how do u sneak past them?! why fight arena monsters?

Tavrobel
05-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Zanmato works on all monsters. On bosses, the money requirement is much higher, but since you have the Int. version (the wussy version), you can pay Yojimbo a much lower amount that in the NA version. The lowest reliable amount I've heard thus far is 100k gil.

There are some instances of Dark Aeons, where you can walk very carefully, so that they don't see you, but I doubt this is a viable option.

Fighting Arena monsters is a good way to get the items that you need to customize your equipment with the proper abilities, and you get loads of AP per defeat, and equipment that will make the rest of your life easier, or can sell for very hefty amounts. (8k, 10k, 50k AP, respectively)

To defeat the Dark Aeons, you can either Zanmato over and over, or have stats above 150 in all areas, except Luck, and face them head on.

Fortunately for you, you can still get Wakka's, Rikku's, Lulu's, and Kimahri's Celestial Weapons and Sigils. If you need more help, PM or contact me on AIM.