PDA

View Full Version : POKéMON: Pearl & Diamond.

Chris
05-05-2006, 04:08 PM
http://www.clubnintendo.com/uploadimg/fotos/n19.gif

I can't wait for the new games. As soon as they come out, I'm off to buy them. I love how you'll be able to use all the DS functions in these new games, and there's lots of new things thrown into the lot as well.

Confirmed Facts:

- You can trade Pokemon from Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Emerald, and Ruby.

- New Pokemon including Pre-Evolutions and Evolutions of Old Pokemon.

- You will be able to use the DS' Wi-Fi capabilities to connect to 16 players in a union style situation.

- New type combinations.

- You can choose which team to be in Magma, Aqua or Team Rocket.

Release date:

The games are due out in Japan at the end of 2006, and releases followed soon after in America, Europe and the rest of the world.

Skarr
05-05-2006, 04:14 PM

Finally. I've been waiting for like forever to join one of those groups. Now I can finally take over the Poke world... :mwahaha:

Chris
05-05-2006, 04:18 PM

Finally. I've been waiting for like forever to join one of those groups. Now I can finally take over the Poke world... :mwahaha:
I know, I've always wanted to be a part of Team Rocket. Mainly because I'll be allowed to say their cool "Slogan" or whatever. xD *Dies*

Skarr
05-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Now if only you could create your own gym.

NeoCracker
05-05-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm looking forward to using the Wi Fi connection in it, good fun that will be. And of course I'll be joining Team Rocket

omnitarian
05-05-2006, 05:11 PM

Source?

Cid Vicious
05-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Am I the only person In the world who hasn't played or watched Pokemon?

RedCydranth
05-05-2006, 07:38 PM

Yes.

I haven't played Pokemon in so long, I dunno if I can get into it again. There's too many now and its not the same as back on Red and Blue. Gold and silver were okay but I hated when ruby and sapphire didnt have certain kinds. If Diamond and Pearl has ALL the past pokemon plus new I'll think about it. But I'll need a DS first.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Hehe...I'd love to be a double agent...backstab all the groups for my gain...or maybe I'll just join none of them.

bipper
05-05-2006, 10:15 PM
How many freakin pokemon are there now?

Old Manus
05-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I lost count and interest after 150

starseeker
05-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I count about 300+

Rocket Edge
05-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Am I the only person In the world who hasn't played or watched Pokemon? every person i know in any shape or form has played pokemon

Markus. D
05-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I actually thought the game was pretty perfect at Gold and Silver.

but hey, I like imbalances, so :D

I will be getting this if I ever get my hands on a DS.

starseeker
05-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I found Gold and Silver the most annoying. Ruby and Sapphire are perfection

Lost Number
05-06-2006, 04:24 PM
About a week ago, in school, i decided to name ALL 252 pokemon. Ruby/Sapphire suck, so they dunt count. Took over 3 hours, but i did it.

Reine
05-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Nothing will beat Red and Blue. Ever

The remakes failed, and so did everything else.

"Diamond and Pearl" Looks like there running out of names...how lame...

Lost Number
05-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I thought Diamond was alrady used? Gold Silver and Diamond?

Lakenbelle
05-06-2006, 05:02 PM
It was Gold, Silver & Crystal (The first one with a girl). I kinda wish they would've named Pearl something that started with an S so we'd have that whole DS thing goin' on.

RedCydranth
05-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I kinda wish they would've named Pearl something that started with an S so we'd have that whole DS thing goin' on.

Yeah now its just DP.... Oh god!

So, will this game have all of the old pokemon from Red, Blue Gold and Silver as well as the ones from Ruby and Sapphire? Ruby and Sapphire had some good pokemon, really. But the fact they left out SO many originals made me angry. I remember my shiny Zangoose was domination. I miss him :cry:

Rice Cake
05-06-2006, 07:55 PM
As long as there will always be a Pikachu, then I will buy the game. thats the sole reason why Yellow version rocked.

Shoden
05-06-2006, 08:16 PM
R/S/E was my favourite series, G/S/C was pretty good. I didn't really like yellow so much though, red sucked blue had boring pokemon to catch. I might get a DS when these come out.

Blackmageboi
05-06-2006, 10:29 PM
I hope it turns out better than ruby and saphire because the story sucked in them and there was very little satisfaction in beating the game.
Choosing which team to be in would be quite cool though.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I liked Gold and Silver a lot, personally. I really wish they'd just make Diamond and Pearl exclusive titles that allow getting ALL of the pokemon between the two games, not forcing us to have 5 other games to get them all.

Giga Guess
05-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Am I intrigued? Yeah. Will I run out and grab them as soon as they come out in a rabid fanboy frenzy?
probably.

Khaotic
05-07-2006, 04:12 AM
Another one? I guess the online thing(is that even what it is?) is cool, but the rest just seems repeative.

FallenAngel411
05-07-2006, 04:18 AM
For some reason, I am compelled to feel excited even though I swore off Pokemon years ago. I hope the original 150 are in there, since they're the only ones I ever cared about. Sounds fun though. :3

ChocoKid21
05-08-2006, 12:45 AM

Yes.

I haven't played Pokemon in so long, I dunno if I can get into it again. But I'll need a DS first.

starseeker
05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I liked Gold and Silver a lot, personally. I really wish they'd just make Diamond and Pearl exclusive titles that allow getting ALL of the pokemon between the two games, not forcing us to have 5 other games to get them all.

That's why I hated gold and silver.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I didn't have as much of a problem with Gold and Silver because most of them were catchable, and because I already had Red and Blue between my sister and myself. Ruby and Sapphire, however, annoyed me to no end because the catchables were so limited.

Madame Adequate
05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
This might actually be worth getting a DS for.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I must say, the wi-fi capabilities are definitely an interesting thing, it should do a lot for the game.

Giga Guess
05-09-2006, 05:26 AM
I must say, the wi-fi capabilities are definitely an interesting thing, it should do a lot for the game.

Yes....it diminishes the limitations of trying to hunt down another Poke geek in your town to trade with.

Amundusias
05-09-2006, 11:27 PM
http://www.clubnintendo.com/uploadimg/fotos/n19.gif

Confirmed Facts:

- You can trade Pokemon from Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Emerald, and Ruby.

The first one is probably not true. Imagine playing Ruby and trade someone with brand new pokemon

As the Joining teams, that is definatley a lie.

Without a source,neither of those can be proven.
And what is with the fake boxart?

Chris
05-09-2006, 11:36 PM
You'll be able to trade POKéMON from Fire Red/ Leaf Green, Ruby/ Sapphire and Emerald onto Diamond/ Pearl, but not the other way around. The box art was just to have a picture of the new games. Do with the information what you want, I'm just passing on information I've read several of places. Whether or not you choose to believe, I couldn't really care less. :)

Amundusias
05-10-2006, 09:33 PM
The joining teams sounds very stupid. you are supposed to play hero, and nintendo will not change it.

I might belive you if you post sources.

Chris
05-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Here's one source:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/DS/pokemon_pearl/

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I believe this as of yet.

Lakenbelle
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Uuhh.. you're not suppose to play a hero. You're suppose to play a Pokemon trainer. Could still join any of the teams and still be one. Or stay normal and play the same game you've played 10 times already. If it's true, of course.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Some of the teams have been benign before, depending on the game. Aqua is good in Ruby and Magma is good in Sapphire (or is it vice-versa? Well, whatever). I don't see it implausible.