PDA

View Full Version : Programming IDE's

bipper
05-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey, I was surfing the nets and looking for a new comprihensive and lower carbohydrate IDE ro replace my Dev C++ that seems to be stuck in developer hell. (Don't worry Unne!! GCC comand line is still my baby!)

I am looking for somthing that offers the MinGW lib compatability (preferably built in, but if I must add it - no bigs)

I am looking at eclipse, code::blocks, MinGW Developer Studio, and a few others. Just wondering what the community things of these IDE's or if there are any other bright ideas out there.

Thanks again!

Bipper

Flying Mullet
05-05-2006, 06:13 PM
I use Websphere Application Developer (WSAD), which is built off of Eclipse and I love it. It is a memory hog (384-512 to run smoothly) but it's very nice to develop in and it has it's own test environment and such. Then again I usually am developing web apps so I need the test server, data sources and such set up to work with. I've developed some stand-alone apps as well in it and it seems to work well. Of course, I primarily use Java for my job, and I know how much you love Java.

I don't know how well Eclipse works for C++ but from what I've developed in it with Java, I do enjoy it.

o_O
05-05-2006, 07:43 PM
I use <a href="anjuta.sourceforge.net/">Anjuta.</a> Only problem is that it was written for Gnome, and the only Gnome desktop manager I'm running is on my Ubuntu box. :p