PDA

View Full Version : manipulating monsters levels

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-05-2006, 09:25 PM
i can remember reading in another thread that, because squall's level determines the monsters level, you could leave squall dead the whole time, so that he does not level, and this will stop the monsters levelling up. then you can just level up 2 characters and own all the monsters . . .

however . . . i never found out whether this would actually work. i think someone said they'd try it but i never looked it up again. so can anyone tell me whether this works or not?

valentine
05-05-2006, 09:40 PM
i can remember reading in another thread that, because squall's level determines the monsters level, you could leave squall dead the whole time, so that he does not level, and this will stop the monsters levelling up. then you can just level up 2 characters and own all the monsters . . .

however . . . i never found out whether this would actually work. i think someone said they'd try it but i never looked it up again. so can anyone tell me whether this works or not?

I don't know, I think it may actually be an average party level and not Squall's level. In which case you can always avoid Random Encounters altogether and rely soley on drawn magic to strengthen your party.

_yeojina_
05-06-2006, 07:00 AM
It depends on your average party. The lower your whole party level, the lower the monsters. A very useful fact to help you beat the final boss.

Level up only Squall, Rinoa and Quistis. Leave Zell, Selphie and Irvine alone. Spoil SRQ with their best weapons.

Zeromus_X
05-06-2006, 07:04 AM
It should also be noted that Ultimecia will always be at level 65 while Omega Weapon will always be at level 100, regardless.

Aren't low-level games fun? :D

Captain Maxx Power
05-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Provided you have the +stat boosts equipped upon levelling up then your own stats will increase in-line with monster stats, rather than monster stats increasing exponentially to your own. Also, never use HP Bonus, it's probably the easiest stat to max at level 100.

TheSpoonyBard
05-06-2006, 06:15 PM
The monsters' levels are between 80 and 120% of your average party level. Only the three characters in your active party are taken into account. The exceptions to the rule are Omega Weapon and the enemies on the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell (always Lv100) and the enemies in the Lunatic Pandora (always Lv1). Zeromus_X, are you sure Ulti is always Lv65?

Then again, you could always use Tonberry's Lv Up and Lv Down abilities to double/halve the levels of non-bosses.