PDA

View Full Version : Catching Rin

Queen Anthai
05-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Has anyone ever managed to actually catch Rin as the Mi'ihen saboteur in Chapter 5? I've tried to go by what the strategy guide tells me to do, but I can never quite manage it. And I'd really like to see Gippal's Sphere.

Actually, if anyone has Gippal's Sphere and can transcribe it, that'd be great too. But mostly I just want a point-by-point method for catching Rin.

starseeker
05-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I found the most important bit is patience, you have to wait for a specific event at some of the commspheres. I would put up the guide I used from gamefaqs but I'm too lazy to do that right now.

tokyogirl87
05-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I did it once, all I did was follow the strategy guide closely. I was wondering though, who are you suppost to catch to be able to get the mascot dressphere and 100%?

starseeker
05-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Rikku or chocobo eater

SeeDRankLou
05-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Before you can pin Rin, you must first make it so that he can be pinned, which involve several criteria:

1. In Ch 1, in the Highroad - Central area, there is an Al Bhed woman with three small machina. Speak to her, and she'll say something about trying to synchronize them.
2. In Ch 2, after the Cuckoo for Chocobos mission, return to the Mi'ihen Highroad Travel Agency. As you enter, you will very briefly see Rin exiting.
3. In Ch 3, participate in the Machina Mayhem mission. Dismantle more machina than the Al Bhed who are helping you (at least 7). When you get the Mission Complete, do not press "X" until you see Rin amongst the crowd of people.
4. After the Machina Mayhem mission, return to Highroad - Newroad, North and speak to Shinra, who will have dropped a commsphere.

After doing all of that, Rin will be a possible suspect. Now, during the events in Ch 4, usually you would be looking at commspheres and accruing points toward a particular suspect, which will cause the investigation to level up. However, Rin does not accrue points, so to move things along you must accrue points for another suspect. In my example, I will do the points for the mini chocobo eater. But don't worry, if you do everything correctly, Rin will be the culprit no matter how many points another suspect migh have.

Investigation Level 1
Shinra's Commsphere: Rin will be standing there with an Al Bhed woman. Call him, he'll comment that he didn't know this commsphere was here.
Travel Agency, Back: The chocobo eater will walk up and look at the commsphere. Call Rin.
Highroad North Entrance: The prophet will start "talking" to the chocobo eater. Call Rin.
Newroad: Look at the group of people and call Rin.

Investigation Level 2
Travel Agency, Front: Look at the chocobo eater chasing a bird. Call Rin.
Newroad: Look at the chocobo eater chasing a hover. Call Rin.
Hover Crash Site: Look at the hover. Three machina will walk up to it. Call Rin.

Investigation Level 3
Switch to another commsphere and switch back to Hover Crash Site.
Hover Crash Site: Look at the hover and call Rin.
Switch to another commsphere and switch back to Hover Crash Site again.
Hover Crash Site: Do nothing for a bit. The commsphere will break, and Yuna will comment on it.
Newroad: Look at Rin for a moment. After Yuna makes a comment, call Rin. He'll apologize for being busy.
Now, go to a commsphere where there is no clue to be found, like Shinra's Commsphere. Call Rin and he will say that everything is fine, or something to that extent. Switch to another commsphere and switch back. Call Rin again, and again he will say that everything is fine. Continue doing this. After six or seven times doing this, when you call Rin, he will not come, and Yuna and Shinra will wonder where Rin is. At this moment, exit the Mi'ihen Highroad commspheres and don't go back.

That's pretty much it. I think I've saved over my save with Gippal's sphere, so I can help you there.