PDA

View Full Version : The item space is TOO SMALL!

Peter_20
05-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Every time I play this game, I find myself sitting there and trying to figure out what stuff I should drop.
This item space is VERY limited, and you often have to throw some stuff away that you might wanna keep; also, as if the initial space weren't small enough, all those damn key items take up even more space, until you can only stock a handful of items.
This game is hard enough without needing this kind of stuff, damn it. :mad:

Elpizo
05-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Every time I play this game, I find myself sitting there and trying to figure out what stuff I should drop.
This item space is VERY limited, and you often have to throw some stuff away that you might wanna keep; also, as if the initial space weren't small enough, all those damn key items take up even more space, until you can only stock a handful of items.
Hmm, are you sure you aren't talking about FF IV? If so, yes, that game had way too small item storage. But I don't remember FF IIj having that problem...

Peter_20
05-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Hmm, are you sure you aren't talking about FF IV? If so, yes, that game had way too small item storage. But I don't remember FF IIj having that problem...What?
No, no, FF4 did NOT have that problem. :cool:
You could stock endless amounts of Potions and whatnot in that space, in GROUPS, but FF2j put every SINGLE item in separate spaces. :eek:

rubah
05-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Consider it part of the challenge. Make sure you have every member equipped with as much as they can hold itemwise, they all can hold two apiece I think. Then get rid of all the status relieving items and just level your heal spell up. That'll be more fun ^_^ Like when everyone except Guy is frog'd and richard is even petrified:D

Nick Schovitz
05-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Yeah FFIV definetly had that problem for me, I never played II though, so why am I posting?

Reine
05-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Dang, and I had trouble with space on Origins..

DJZen
05-07-2006, 04:52 AM
If you have extra weapons or armor floating around, sell them. You won't use them later. Trust me. Sell extra spell scrolls and spell items (gaia drum, etc.) unless you know for a fact you're going to use them. If you just think they might comein handy later, sell 'em. Also, don't hoarde potions. You're going to use Cure a lot more and potions don't even restore all that much HP. In fact, hi-potions aren't all that great either. Pheonix Downs are handy, but keep your main supply equipped and not in stock.

blacknoir_619
06-03-2006, 12:28 AM
if your having trouble with storage firstly, equip weapons and armor to find out whats strongest sell the rest, sell status magics becoz unless you wanna level them up then there pretty usless, and if you go to equip you can always give each character two items i recomment stuff like valium unicorn baccus wine you can use in battle and if you have to many spells that you want to keep like aero then teach them to your character because i know some people keep them until they have three to split evenly but theres no point hop thats helped :D ;)

KainHighwind
06-22-2006, 07:38 AM
The biggest problem with this game's inventory is that it keeps shrinking. Everytime you get a key item (Snowmobile, Sun Flame, etc), it takes up an inventory spot that can't ever be freed again. That really bites.

In a way, I guess that's realistic - the important stuff has to come with, and it takes up space... but at the same time, it'd be more realistic if the party could drop the Snowmobile off somewhere when they were done with it.

Lawr
06-22-2006, 07:42 AM
I've never ever had an item space problem too big for me
in any Final Fantasy game, and I think most of them were jsut
Final Fantasy 2 and I think FF3 Roms

Sefie1999AD
06-22-2006, 02:02 PM
FFII's item storage is very small, especially in NES. In later versions, I think they doubled the storage size, and later you can put many of the same item in the same storage slot. I'd suggest you sell all the old weapons, armor, spells, offensive items and other things like that which you won't use anymore, and don't carry too much healing items with you, except for maybe reviving, status healing and MP restoring. Use Cure spells instead of different Potions.

I don't recall using items that much in FFII. Managing the items in FFII wasn't too hard if I remember correctly, so it's just a matter of strategizing. However, I agree, it's a bit annoying, especially when I like to stock loads of items that I never use in a lot of RPGs. :p

KainHighwind
06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
later you can put many of the same item in the same storage slot.

In what version can you do this? DoS? You can't in Origins.

Sefie1999AD
06-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, I think you can do it in the DoS version. I vaguely remember buying 20-30+ Ethers at the same time in FFII DoS and they only took one slot in the item storage.

DJZen
06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
In DoS you can carry 99 elixirs. Goodbye challenge.

Peter_20
06-22-2006, 10:40 PM
In DoS you can carry 99 elixirs. Goodbye challenge.I agree with you on this one, but that doesn't mean the item space in itself is sufficient. :eek:

KainHighwind
06-23-2006, 02:57 AM
Hm, in DoS, do you have an "Item" command in battle?

If so, that + 99 Elixirs would = no challenge.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Yeah, the older games didn't spoil people like they do today.

Not like carrying 99 Excaliburs in the same bad makes sense anyway.

But yeah, sell your extra crap. You won't ever use it. That Earth Drum may look cool, but deep down inside, you know you won't ever use it. xD

Sefie1999AD
06-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Generally the spell-casting items are quite useless, I'd rather just get the spells and cast them. However, a Hiryuu Flute is pretty useful. IIRC, it can be used for infinite times and it does a pretty good amount of damage to all enemies.

DJZen
06-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Hm, in DoS, do you have an "Item" command in battle?

If so, that + 99 Elixirs would = no challenge.

Of course you do, and unlike in other versions of FFII, it draws from your general pool of items and does away with equipped items completely. So you can store and use 99 elixirs in one battle. OH EM GEE EASYTYPE!

KainHighwind
06-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Wow, yeah, that's ridiculous.

It's funny, when I first played FFII, I thought it was ridiculous that you had to equip items to use them, but now, after beating the game and realizing that was part of the challenge, I like it.

Peter_20
06-23-2006, 10:52 PM
It's funny, when I first played FFII, I thought it was ridiculous that you had to equip items to use them, but now, after beating the game and realizing that was part of the challenge, I like it.

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Well, yeah, the items didn't accumulate like all the other FF games, but I suppose that makes it more realistic in a sense (yet still hard)

in every other FF game 99 tents takes up the same space as 1 potion, which doesn't make sense