PDA

View Full Version : Rhapthorne WTF!

Nick Schovitz
05-06-2006, 06:39 PM
This is the hardest and weirdest looking final boss that I've ever been challenged to. he is undefeatable, how do I beat this thing? his ice breath deals around 90 to each of my characters and his physical attacks can do from 112-310! There is no way I can beat him, here are my character's stats and there weapons that are equipped

Eight lv. 40 weapon: Liquid metal sword,
Yangus lv.39 weapon: True Barbarian's Axe
Jessica lv.39 weapon: Scourge Whip
Angelo lv.39 weapon: Great Bow, obtained fromm Tyran Gully.

McLovin'
05-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Your levels are too low. And you should try to get each characters most powerful weapon except fotr the Hero and Jessica as her weapon isn't really important.

So basically
-Psyche up sometime before throwing in a Miracle Slash/Falcon Cut
-Have Yangus use Executioner once in awhile. As well as Typhoeus' Maul. (preferrably Psyched)
-Have Angelo and Jessica be your main healers (using Sage Stones)
-Constantly cast Sap on Rhapthrone and Oomph on Hero.

The strategy is as follows: Hero should use Miracle Slash every
single turn for the entire battle, the only possible exception is if you
really need to use a Magic Water on Angelo (he should have some in his
inventory.) Next Yangus should use the Sage's Stone every single turn for
the entire battle, the only exception being if you really need to use
magic water. Jessica isn't nearly as specialized, but her duties are
clear and should be as follows. Casting Oomph on Hero takes top priority.
Next in line is one of either Sap, or the Magic Barrier spell. Jessica
should cast Sap on Rhapthorne not once, but twice to really lower his
defence. At that point an Oomphed Hero equipped with the Liquid Metal
Sword will be able to do about 400 damage per turn, with no psyching. (unless of course you want to Psyche) Angelo is your 90% Multiheal character, and 10% Kabuff character. I don't recommend any more than one or two Kabuffs, it's just such a waste if Rhapthorne uses wave of ice.

Yangus' most powerful Axe can be found on Howlwind Hill. (a great place to train and is located Northwest of Rydons Tower.

As for Angelo his most powerful bow can be obtained rather easily:

--------------------------
Eros' Bow
Recipe: Garter/Hunter's Bow

Cheiron's Bow
Find: Rydon's Tower
Recipe: Eros' Bow/Power Shield

Odin's Bow (125)
N/A/48000
Recipe: Cheiron's Bow/Eros'Bow/Great Bow

So make 2 Eros Bow to get a Cherions Bow and 1 extra one and then combine them all with your already bought Great Bow.

Zeromus_X
05-06-2006, 10:36 PM
The only weapons you should give Jessica or Angelo are staffs, so they can learn all the good staff spells. Or give them Timbrels of Tension, which help alot. Hero's best sword is the Liquid Metal Sword, although you may want to use the Metal King Lance instead, because Spears have that multi-hitting attack. Whichever you had the Hero learn more about.:cat: Yangus should use the Conqueror's Axe. Your levels are fine, I was at lower levels and had no significant trouble.

Give healing/revival items to the fighters, and the Sage's Stones to the mages. Have Jessica Oomph one of the fighters, while Angelo spam that stone. Have the Hero use Miracle Slash (he should never stop doing this, ever, unless he should use Omniheal or Monster Team), and Yangus use Helm Splitter until it only takes away 1 Defence. Then have him use Parralax or some other powerful Axe technique. Have Jessica Oomph Yangus, and then use Magic Barrier or Insulate on the next turn to decrease his magic damage. Then have her use the stone every turn. (Or a Timbrel of Tension.) Angelo should never stop using the stone, unless he has to revive someone or something. If you're really in a pinch, have the Hero use Omniheal to refresh the party. If Jessica has Kazing, that would help. And if you're truly in a pinch, call on your monster team to beat him up for three turns. Wasting turns on things like Accelerate or Protect (can't remember the name) isn't recommended, because of his 'Wall of Ice' which all DQ final bosses seem to have now.

Good luck! :) :cat:

Edit: if you dont' have Sages Stones, you can just have Angelo use Multiheal every turn, the stones are just more convenient. If you really want to level up, you can go to the hill in the desert area, at night, Metal Liquid Slimes appear there often, and Gold Golems during the day. :cat: The Slime Hill where you find Yangus' Conquerors Axe also is home to every species of Slime in the game, including Metal King Slimes (30,000 Exp, but very difficult to kill.) Or any place with tough monsters will do. (Tyran Gully, etc, all the late game places.) Your levels are perfectly reasonable however. :cat:

Nick Schovitz
05-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Gosh this is tough oh and yangus does have the conquerer's axe, I was typing them while the game was off. So am I too low of a level, what's with this game I've spend 103 hours on it already and what's the price for winning the Rank S tournament in the Monster Arena? Should I get better armor too and what level do you think I should stop on, maybe 53?

Edit: how do i get more than 1 Sage stone, and how do I kill a meatl slime, I used metal slash, but it failed, now I have to get Omniheal, annd Kazing for Jessica too, oh and I think you mentioned Miracle Slash, how do I get that?

Zeromus_X
05-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Your levels are perfectly fine. However, if you didn't get all the nice abilities from skills, you may be in trouble.

Jessica doesn't need Kazing, it just helps. I believe she gets it from Staffs, as I always powered up Staffs for both of the Mages.

Hero learns Omniheal from...Courage? I don't remember, but it's a very useful spell, I believe you get it from maxing out Courage. If you don't have it, that's fine.

As for Miracle Slash, you get that from powering up Swords. Since I always just powered up Swords and Courage for the Hero, I got it rather early. If you don't have it, use Falcon Slash or just a normal attack.

One Sage's Stone is just fine, but two isn't really neccesary. If you do have one, you don't really need to worry.

Most of the things I mentioned are pretty optional, but here's what I always do:

1st turn: Hero use Sword technique, Yangus use Helm Splitter, Jessica use Oomph on one of the fighters, Angelo heal.

2nd turn: Hero use technique, Yangus use Helm Splitter, Jessica Oomph the other fighter, Angelo heal

3rd turn: Hero use technique, Yangus use Helm Splitter, Jessica use Magic Barrier or Insulate, Angelo heal.

4th turn: Hero use technique, Yangus use Helm Splitter (this is what you do until defence is only decreased by 1, then just use Parralax or some other technique), Jessica use the other buffer or just use a Sage's Stone, Angelo heal.

Repeat, and revive when necessary. :cat: Remember to reapply Oomph when Rhapthorn uses the 'wall of ice' or it just wears off.

Nick Schovitz
05-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Oh I've just beat him and I've found out that he wasn't dead, I only beat his small baby form, I'm pathetic I had trouble with that! Now I seee, I have to find seven orbs of these sages and then I can go fight the fat ass Rhapthorne.

Zeromus_X
05-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Oh...I thought you were on his final form. xD Well, yeah, you'd be ready to go then, at those levels with those items. :cat:

crazybayman
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
While you're at it, you might want to take some time to go hunt for metal king slimes and liquid metal slimes and level up. The windy mountain, which is by Rydon's Tower and only accessible by flying is a good place. Another place is a ledge south of the dragon graveyard, which is also only accessible by flying. There's quite a few liquid metal slimes there, but only at night.

You can also create the Megaton Hammer, the most powerful hammer in the game. Its a slight upgrade from the conquerer's axe:

Megaton Hammer = Uber War Hammer + Conquerer's Axe + Orichalcum

Uber War Hammer = War Hammer + Mighty Armlet

Mighty Armlet = Strength Ring + Titan Belt (or dropped by Stone Guardian)

Strength Ring = Prayer Ring + Seed of Strength (or dropped by Muddy Hand)

Titan Belt = Leather Kilt + Strength Ring (or dropped by Cockateer, Golem, Icikiller, Jackal Ripper, Skeleton Soldier)

Zeromus_X
05-19-2006, 03:43 AM
Why level up even more by fighting tedious Metal Slimes when he's at the proper level? I dunno, it just seems like overkill to me. :cat:

Still, making great equipment is always nice.

crazybayman
05-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Because if he found the first form hard, he'd certainly have trouble with the next form.

And it would make it easier for doing the Dragovian Trials, after finishing the game, if he so chooses

And Schovitz, that isn't wrapped in spoiler tags for nothin'. :p

Nick Schovitz
05-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Because if he found the first form hard, he'd certainly have trouble with the next form.

And it would make it easier for doing the Dragovian Trials, after finishing the game, if he so chooses

And Schovitz, that isn't wrapped in spoiler tags for nothin'. :p
Nah because I don't even know what it is!? DAMN, NEED TO GET MY PS2 CLEANED!

kiriu
05-21-2006, 01:14 AM
The prize for wining the Rank S of the Monster Arena is a Dragon Robe, equippable on both Jessica and Angelo. Which will probably help Angelo, but may not help Jessica if you've already got the Divine Bustier.

crazybayman
05-22-2006, 12:39 PM
spoiler tags, please.