PDA

View Full Version : FFVII and the real world ( minor spoilers)

Axel Gaius
05-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Doesn't it seem that the world seems like Final Fantasy VII ?

Shin- Ra Corp is so powerful it is like the government in VII and corporations in real life have a lot of power.

The energy companies in both worlds are killing the planet ( Not in the same way of course.)

Many are against the energy companies in both worlds.
There are also people like Sephiroth, killing people for their own needs.

( Is this the right forum, I'm new.) :tonberry:

Swagman
05-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I often see connections between our world and game worlds.
FFVII's world can be described as an exaggerated form of ours. They've got the same problems, only much more extreme.
However, I don't think anyone will try and crash a meteor into Earth anytime soon. ;)

Axel Gaius
05-06-2006, 09:37 PM
People are still scared of it :tonberry:

TheAbominatrix
05-06-2006, 10:07 PM
This can be said of pretty much any game, movie, or book.

Griff
05-06-2006, 11:25 PM
However, I don't think anyone will try and crash a meteor into Earth anytime soon. ;)
are you kidding, I've been trying for years

Amaru
05-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I agree Axel. Because of the level of industrialisation and development in the game (which really started with VI, but that's another thread), it's easier to see the connections with FFVII and the real world than most of the others.

* Harming our own planet / Groups against that
* Rich and powerful governments and monopoly corporations like Shinra Inc
* Rocket tests and travels to the stars
* Electricity / TVs
* The transportation available - like cars, boats, helicopters, submarines, and trains

Yuffie514
05-10-2006, 05:13 AM
yes, with the largest power plant in North America located in Arizona, the terrorists could get even with us. whatever was done to reactors in Final Fantasy VII is totally opposite and destructive. besides i wonder why something like nuclear radiation or something like Resident Evil's Racoon City isn't already taking place in Midgar...

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-10-2006, 01:06 PM
don't forget about the company "virgin" i meqan they now have coke, phones, cosmetcis, trains, planes . . . who knows when they'll stop!!!

i wish i cud travel around the world with a huge whack-off sword and not get stopped at customs :D

smurph
05-12-2006, 04:16 AM
except we get the electricity by more conventional means..instead of sucking it out of the planet

Axel Gaius
05-12-2006, 08:07 PM
except we get the electricity by more conventional means..instead of sucking it out of the planet

But fossil fuels are stilling killing the atmosphere. :choc2:

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Throughout every game you ever play(except for those crappy kiddy games) there is always a connection between the game and our own world. Some games are made to express the game maker sopinion of our world and how crappy or good they think it really is.

Dell
05-13-2006, 06:49 AM
But there is no wolf and cat like Nanaki and Kitten Sith that can talk...:kaocry2:.

Amaru
05-13-2006, 06:50 AM
But there is no wolf and cat like Nanaki and Kitten Sith that can talk...:kaocry2:.

Lol. That doesn't stop people from talking to their dog / cat. :D

nik0tine
05-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I challenge anyone to come up with a concept or aspect for a story that is not reflected in the real world in some way.

Griff
05-13-2006, 01:18 PM
I challenge anyone to come up with a concept or aspect for a story that is not reflected in the real world in some way.
energy from the planet being concentrated and condensed to allow the wielder to use the elements at will for fighting and calling forth large beasts to do their bidding