PDA

View Full Version : Personal projects

Rye
05-06-2006, 10:07 PM
How often do you do personal projects, whether it be home improvement, websites, artwork, etc? What are they and do they end up nice?

I don't do them too often, but I felt that I needed one, so I started making myself a new website today for my art. I've been making it for hours, and the coding is nearly done. :) Which is good, because I have to write TWO essays tomorrow. ;__;

Shoeberto
05-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Currently, I'm continuing my multi-year project to make something out of my website. My friends and I are trying to regularly put up funny articles and such.

I'm also continuing my project of not dying. Working like a charm so far.

Alive-Cat
05-06-2006, 10:18 PM
I am recording songs, SONGS, SONGS.

Cid Vicious
05-06-2006, 10:20 PM
The only Personal Projects I do, is woodwork based.
I make and sell figurines of Birds, Objets, Cartoon/Video Game Characters, anthing nearly.
It's the only thing i've got a talent for.
I don't get much money from it, but it gives me something to do.

I also sketch, but not as much as I use too.
I've lost the talent for it.

Levian
05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, you know. The usual projects, saving the world from being smashed by a meteor, saving the world from being time compressed by my girlfriend in the future, saving the world from being destroyed by a whale, saving the world by collecting spheres in sexy dresses. You know, the usual.

Old Manus
05-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Operation Big Wall (http://www.freewebs.com/ihatethings/3rdworldcontriessuck.htm)

Looks like it failed, though.

Roto13
05-06-2006, 11:07 PM
I have an ongoing project I should really get back to work on. I like to plug this thing, but I write a storyline guide for the Soul Calibur series, but I haven't added some of the Soul Calibur III information. I'm just too lazy. I should work on it more often...

kikimm
05-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Need to start praciticing guitar more. That's one of my main focuses right now.
The other one is working on this new story I've been writing. It was supposed to be done last month for some contest, but it didn't turn out right so I'm fixing it all up. Usually I work well with things like that under pressure, so when I didn't get it done I was surprised.

I think that's it!

Iceglow
05-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Soul Calibur 3 is evil it corrupted all the files on my ps2 memory card including the 500+ hours ffx file and I wont mention the carefully constructed star ocean v file. Yet on with the topic as they say I am currently writing a novel of my own, set in a fantasy world but with a twist from the average story of fantasy books

Madonna
05-06-2006, 11:26 PM
PRESENTING~!
http://akusui.net/_lynxius/_leech/redwings_obnoxiousbanner.png (http://redwings.akusui.net/)
My current baby, a small hangout board for those trying to find a relaxed atmosphere.
It's part learning experience, part teamwork, and part awesome.
Might be FFIV-themed. You should check it out. :|

Other than that, I have a few quieter and non-progressive projects in the works. I need to update my website soon (and eventually add some content, I suppose), finish another little database project I'm hoping to turn into what the EoFF Post wasn't, and I'm always angsting over making a portfolio. For the most part, I think my [site] (http://www.akusui.net/) turned out well enough when I did it, but that was a while ago. The others are always in a state of being half-built, half-dismanted.

Medi
05-06-2006, 11:27 PM
I have recently done a lot of work on my website that is about my novel.

McLovin'
05-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2.

And an ad that I have to make for math.

Samuraid
05-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Music
Currently editing a lot of piano pieces I recorded
Also writing music (an ongoing thing)

Programming/Web
EoFF of course
www.epicwar.com
Lots of other smaller projects

DeathKnight
05-07-2006, 01:02 AM
My life is instic based. fuck projects.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

eestlinc
05-07-2006, 01:05 AM
I need to write a string symphony for a group that asked me to do so. I might even get paid to do it.

Rase
05-07-2006, 01:11 AM
I rarely start projects, because I know the likelihood of me actually finishing them is low. That said, the only one I'm doing now is the EoFF RPG, which I'm now able to pick up again thanks to all of my AP and SAT testing being done (well, until my actual finals... :cry:)

Miriel
05-07-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm working on a flash website right now and it's a huge pain in the ass.

I'd like to start a new photography project though. It'll feature people's backyards cause I think the stuff that's back there is fascinating.

Tavrobel
05-07-2006, 01:50 AM
No real personal projects. Although I am helping to write stuff for the KHII section.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Random sigs people ask me to do, a few RPs, and just some stuff. Occaisonally I get inspired to redo my LJ or something like that. I just play around with things I know.

rubah
05-07-2006, 03:08 AM
snowy-day.net mostly.

or massive organizational/cleaning sprees that happen sporadicalyl.

Ouch!
05-07-2006, 03:13 AM
I've usually got some story or another cookin' in my head. There's of course my ongoing project that I've been messin' with for past four years, but that's on hold. Right now I've been writing a series of short pieces. Those have been turning out fairly well, actually. Maybe I'll post them up one of these days.

Khaotic
05-07-2006, 03:59 AM
When? I do it whenever I can, I have about 15 hours a day to do stuff I want, I usually play games though, or simply chat with friends/staff members on other forums, or I attempt to do my nonexisting talent which is coding.

Yuffie514
05-07-2006, 05:55 AM
i am loyal to my ambitions (whether that should define selfishness or passion). i've gotten to a point, where i actually went out and bought a real agenda book to keep the tasks all in one page for each day, et-cetera, et-cetera. i start many a projects and half of them are left in the dust...

handy,
creative,
energetic,
incomplete.

Reine
05-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Currently starting up work on a project thats been ongoing since 2001, a game series my friend and I wish to someday create. We are currently in the story part, forming the whole back story of the saga and all that. I have a few completed web-available works already, though not many have read them.

Also, I have my Dungeon Keeper mod to make at some point, ive mastered ingame script coding, but the lack of the official editor for download mean I need to use crap unofficial ones that screw up

escobert
05-07-2006, 08:36 AM
none, I need to clean my room and do the luandry :p

NeoCracker
05-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Currently, I'm continuing my multi-year project to make something out of my website. My friends and I are trying to regularly put up funny articles and such.

I'm also continuing my project of not dying. Working like a charm so far.
That second project of yours is a waste of time, it'll never work in the end. I suggest you drop it now before your hopes are dashed.

Anyway, I write fanfiction lately. Finished two one shots, both of which were probably made in about five, ten minutes tops. I finished Uzamaki Naruto and Aburme Shino: A pimps tale, eight chapters, and now I'm working on Chapter 37 of New Teams, another Naruto Fic I started working on a while ago.

starseeker
05-07-2006, 09:17 AM
I need to work on my GCSE revision which I have been avoiding (my first exam is the week after next) and making AMVs in my spare time which are linked in my sig.

Yuna-Lenne
05-07-2006, 09:18 AM
I often make sigs or Final Fantasy music videos. Me and my friend also made a website together but the server (darn Kylosa :grumble:) has been down for a couple of months and I doubt it's coming back. We forgot to back up out coding too, with all the updates we were making. ='(

Shaun
05-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I used to work on a lot of game projects but practically all of them got canned. I do plan to work on some better ideas soon though (although I don't always have the time - I'm at work sending this now). I'm sure I'll get round to something very soon though...

DeathKnight
05-07-2006, 02:44 PM
none, I need to clean my room and do the luandry :p

:) :up:

Nice and easy going, projects are for the bored. Besides, they're better in the summer.

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-07-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm working on a few things right now, some have been taking for ever! I'm fixing up an old leather jacket, and I still don't have all the spikes for it, and I can't find the buckles I want for it *Goes into huge rant* I'm also knitting lots of squares to make into a blanket, which I started when my nan was alive. (she died almost a year ago.) So yeah thats going pretty slow too, I'm also doing loads of artwork, some of it for Lasuria, some for me. I also want to start making my own sigs. That ain't goin' so hot though, I suck with a computer!

*looks back over what was written* Wow, I really am a busy girl*

Rye
05-07-2006, 03:10 PM
I just finished my two essays and I finished my website! *points to sig* :D

Lost Number
05-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Ive been working on a project in NWN for a while now, im setting up a website for it. Its about to be made redundant by NWN2 though. I make the mod, my friend does the artwork.

XxSephirothxX
05-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Mostly I've been working on an RPG Maker 2000 game that is, shockingly, not based on EoFF. :p I've pretty much let my website die. It might become a personal project again in the future. Other than that, it's just daily life stuff like trying not to get hit by a car and trying to prepare myself for being in college.

NeoCracker
05-07-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm starting a project to figure out where Azars Sig and avatar came from

Breine
05-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I begin on new ones all the time. It's really annoying because I usually don't get to finish one project before I start on a complete different one. I've always got too many drawing and writing projects in production... really frustrating, but hey... I like being creative :choc:

VorpalCyberWolf
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Music, Movies and Microcode. Oh and literature, gaming...

So Guitar, Keyboard, singing, screenplaywriting, collecting stuff, playing games, writing. Anything in the creative aspect really.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-08-2006, 01:29 AM
been breaking my ass trying to prepare for bootcamp. the whole steel toes and jeans runnign in the rain crap. not so much fun, but hopefully it'll be worth it when i can go through boot without breaking down into the fetal position and crying

rubah
05-08-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm starting a project to figure out where Azars Sig and avatar came from
FLCL?

-N-
05-08-2006, 04:28 AM
I'm trying to dust off my fiction skills and write something based on my experiences here in New Zealand. I have a lot of great material that I need to stop having other things to do to write it.

I'm also trying to compose stuff - mostly for Mullet's game, which I have been woefully neglectful in accomplishing. I have ideas all fleshed out, but I don't have my MIDI keyboard, and so recording with Finale 2003 is annoying. I'm so lazy I haven't even installed Finale 2006 that Nik gave me.

I do smaller stuff too, like rearrange the room, I have a plan to try growing marijuana or something cool like that. I'm also reorganizing my music library in terms of general emotions and completely annihilating any pretense of genre.

My biggest "personal project" is about to become my main project, which is exciting. I'm working on developing cancer-fighting nanomachines, and I just got a proposal approved for funding to design the first stage of the nanomachines (an in situ biopsy tool) this summer.

This is a cool thread. I like being bothered to read other people's posts.