PDA

View Full Version : Help with Geomancer

PontiusPilate
05-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok, so i heard that geomancer was a good class (if not tell me), but i dont quite understand how the spells work. when i looked at an FAQ for it, it would say something like "Ground: Lava Rocks, rock cliffs" or something like that. Can someone tell me how the spell system works with them

Madonna
05-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, your Geomancy command does different things based on the ground your Geomancer is standing upon. Unfortunately, you have to learn each Geomancy ability before your Geomancer is truly helpful. Learn Hell Ivy, get into a battle, and stand on some grass. It should give you an idea of how Geomancy works.

To use Geomancy when standing on rocky terrain requires a different skill (Local Quake?), et cetera, et cetera, and so on. Learn all the skills and see how versatile those hippies are. <3

BG-57
05-07-2006, 02:35 AM
Click on any tile in a battle to see what terrain type it is.

You should prioritize learning the spells for the more common terrain types first. Those would be Hell Ivy (used on Gassland, Thicket, Water Plant, Ivy), Carve Model (Gravel, Stone Floor, Stone Wall, Mud Wall, Tombstone), and Water Ball (Waterway, River, Lake, Sea, Waterfall). The absolute last one you should get is Lava Ball, since it only works on Lava and Machinery and there's only one dungeon in the game with Lava and it's completely optional.

Geomancy is nifty because each spell adds a status ailment to the attack. For example, Hell Ivy adds Stop. But you only reach the full potential by carefully placing your unit to take advantage of the terrain they are standing on.

dodhungry
05-07-2006, 06:24 AM
I think the most pointless spell to learn is the one for snow. There are only 4 battles that you can play with snow and never go back to them. But geomancers are good but I never use them cept to get to the better classes. :cool: