PDA

View Full Version : Wasters in fashion

Itsunari 2000
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey everybody, guess what ? Apparently dressing in anything besides mouldy old tracksuits and jogging bottoms is a sign you're dressed for a special occassion and you're going to " shag " your girlfriend. Such wisdom from the enlightened minds of the local acned rejects and fuck ups of my neighborhood. I'm not their friend - regardless I'll dress how I want to dress, and if that's too kitsch for them, then they can take their disease-ridden husks and go rot in their hovels where they and the rest of the vermin underclass of mankind belong. Otherwise I'll hammer the point home into their vacuous heads and do society a big fucking favour.
Anyone else been in a similar situation where you've been scrutinized for appearing too well-dressed to be just casual ? By ugly, ignorant and pockmarked wasters, in particular ?

Rye
05-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Not really. I dress in nice clean clothes, but usually they're very casual (a cute t-shirt and jeans), though when I wear long pretty skirts, I'm mistaken for trying to be dress-uppy when I really just felt like wearing a long skirt. xD

theundeadhero
05-07-2006, 07:59 PM
I've never been accused of being dressy-uppy. I don't really wear the clothes to be subject to it though.

Breine
05-07-2006, 08:47 PM
No, I've never been accused for such a thing.. at least I don't remember if I have.

Anyway, I dress the way I wanna dress and if anybody has a problem with what I wear then it's their problem and not mine.

Miriel
05-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I dress up all the time and the only comments I get are compliments. :)

RPJesus
05-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Have you not been paying attention?
NEDS.
Chavs, whatever. They're retards... wasters! That's what they're like. It's depressing, but I already knew.

Itsunari 2000
05-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Have you not been paying attention?
NEDS.
Chavs, whatever. They're retards... wasters! That's what they're like. It's depressing, but I already knew.

Exactly. My good man, you have hit the metaphorical scum right on the head. Keep hitting - harder, HARDER ! Until their skulls cave in !!!!

Ah, fuck it ...

CLASS WAR, NOW !!!!!

Zeldy
05-07-2006, 09:09 PM
I can't say I have. But I do think that if you have nice clothes then why save them for a special occasion?

DeShanai
05-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Ah, the "preps" vs. the "punks" ^^ Classic battle. Personally, I like looking well dressed on special occassions, otherwise Im in my cute little Tripp - Morbid Threads - outfits. I could care less about my appearance on most days...but you have to look nice on certain occassions.

Cz
05-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Those kids are just jealous because they have no idea how to pick out a nice jacket. :p

Captain Maxx Power
05-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Eer you proper!

Anyways, I dress so scruffily that if anyone were to say I looked smart I'd be extremely suspicious. Or assume they were coming onto me.

kikimm
05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't really have any nice clothes, so nope. Even the skirts I have aren't things I would wear to look NICE. The only things I've been accused of are looking like a homeless person, or looking too raggedy or whatever.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-07-2006, 11:31 PM
It's all a matter of what fits your personality in my opinion. If you got a proper personality, and like to make apperances, hells yeah dress up. If you're like me and want to look like you've did something other other pull something out of your dirty clothes hamper, but you don't really care for the prep style, go with some clean, tight fitting t-shirts and ripped up jeans. it's not that hard to look decent, regardless of what style you go with.

the one thing that annoy me though, is your uber wigger white trash "Huge t-shirt and ratty sweatpants (usually with words on the ass)" crew. I hate them, especially the chicks like that. looks so nasty.

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-08-2006, 12:22 AM
People comment on the clothes I wear all the time, to be honest I gave up caring. Sometimes I dress up and look nice, others I wear a pair of scruffy old jeans and a baggy old Kittie t-shirt.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-08-2006, 12:44 AM
I've been wearing this same pair of jeans for about three weeks in a row. ;)

Meat Puppet
05-08-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm with Spiff on this one.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-08-2006, 12:59 AM
as Am I. I am not 6 anymore, my jeans are not grease/grass/dirt stained. i need not change them daily

Agent Proto
05-08-2006, 01:03 AM
I wear my jeans several days in a row unless I feel they're dirty, or if I'm in need of a change of look. :p and for the record, I usually don't care how I dress up, so yeah.

eestlinc
05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
i hate dressing up and go casual whenever possible.

Reine
05-08-2006, 02:52 AM
I never really "dress up"

Like Zeldy said, if you have good clothes lyig around, why waste them? I have these expensive moleskin jeansm and mum HATE me wearing them all the time, infact, they went missing, which obviously means they have been confiscated -_-

Then again, I rarely venture out to the mall or such places with crap clothes.

Cless
05-08-2006, 03:19 AM
It would appear dressing down is the new dressing up.

But meh...I don't really differentiate between the two styles of dress. As far as I'm concerned, there's clothes, and then there's naked. A pair of jeans and some crappy T-shirt carries me through life just fine.

Kirobaito
05-08-2006, 03:34 AM
With the exception of church or a special occasion (like an important dinner somewhere or something), I haven't dressed up in about 3 years.

-N-
05-08-2006, 03:40 AM
I dressed up in a kevlar clean suit once.

Rusty
05-08-2006, 03:02 PM
I love dressing up. On a daily basis my clothes are clean. Because my clothes are always cleaned and usually ironed people sometimes accuse me of "not wanting to get my hands dirty".

Shaun
05-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't understand. What does this have to do with class? I'd say you prejudge just as much as they do, Mr. Itsunari. Just because someone is brought up in a financially-bad family or environment doesn't make them a bad person, or a chav... Just as all the rich boys aren't necessarily nice people.

Itsunari 2000
05-08-2006, 05:14 PM
True. But criminality is always a potent lure for the deprived. Take a look at Rio De Janeiro.

KoShiatar
05-08-2006, 07:00 PM
In the summer I like to wear black dresses. I do that because they're extremely comfortable, but I might look very dressy-uppy at times. However nobody told me that it's a bad thing, they seem to appreciate it instead.

Yamaneko
05-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Dressing up for me means putting on a pair of khakis. I'm either in jeans or basketball shorts most of the time.

XxSephirothxX
05-08-2006, 07:42 PM
The last time I dressed up, it was for Senior Pictures. Before that, it was because someone had died. :p I guess I've never particularly cared about my clothing, and just want to wear what's comfortable. So most of the time that means khaki shorts/pants and a t-shirt.