PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean: Till the end of time had a sucky plot

PontiusPilate
05-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Alright this game really pissed me off because the story had SO much potential. Although the begining was a bit weak, i got interested. Then they crashed on Elicor II and I thought, "oh cool a little sidestory to make the game longer since it is 2 discs" The "little sidestory" ended up being the whole Goddamn game. The sidestory wasnt even good! Ok so many hours later i finally get passes that piece of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif of a sidestory and get back on track. I got to the second disc thinking "at least i have a whole other disc left" Little did i realize that I was already 7/8 through the whole game. The rest of the mainstory had a pretty good concept, but they rushed through it soo much and they left out things that never explained. I really could go on forever about how flawed the plot is but my fingers are getting tired so ill stop

Zeromus_X
05-08-2006, 12:34 AM
So...why do you think the story is bad? :confused: You think it was rushed?

Anyway, even if you hate the story for whatever reason there's still the gameplay and post-game stuff to do. :cat:

PontiusPilate
05-08-2006, 02:37 AM
The gameplay was pretty decent and is vital to the game but im more of a story person. I hated the story because it had so much potential and they wasted the whole game on that sgodaweful Medievil sidestory. Another thing that pissed me off was that it had a terrible ending that made little sense

Zeromus_X
05-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Most RPGs have midieval elements, and all the Star Ocean games spend most of the story on an underdeveloped planet. :cat:

The controversial last part of the story...well, that's really up to the player. As for the ending, it's not like it's completely confusing.

Because they still had the perception of the universe, they still exist. "I think, therefore I am", and all that jazz.

PontiusPilate
05-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Most RPGs have midieval elements, and all the Star Ocean games spend most of the story on an underdeveloped planet. :cat:

The controversial last part of the story...well, that's really up to the player. As for the ending, it's not like it's completely confusing.

Because they still had the perception of the universe, they still exist. "I think, therefore I am", and all that jazz.

The sotry was great, they just didnt expand it and focused on that terrible medievil part. I didnt find the ending complicated. Just really stupid and having nothing to do with anything

LunarWeaver
05-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I hope it's not too bad, I bought this on Amazon today and it's coming in the mail Mirth/Merriment XD!!

Well, it will be worth it just to run around as a guy with blue hair I guess...Smurfing good times.

PontiusPilate
05-11-2006, 11:05 PM
I hope it's not too bad, I bought this on Amazon today and it's coming in the mail Mirth/Merriment XD!!

Well, it will be worth it just to run around as a guy with blue hair I guess...Smurfing good times.

Just go into with the thought "after the medievil planet, the game gets good"

Rating: Medievil Level- 7/10

Rating: Main Story and game- 9/10

LunarWeaver
05-11-2006, 11:59 PM
I think I'll try and think of it like an anime series (this game is like really long isn't it?)... A bunch of stuff happens, event to event, and it all wraps up in the end... Hopefully it all works out for me. Ah, I'm sure it will be good enough.

PontiusPilate
05-12-2006, 12:18 AM
I think I'll try and think of it like an anime series (this game is like really long isn't it?)... A bunch of stuff happens, event to event, and it all wraps up in the end... Hopefully it all works out for me. Ah, I'm sure it will be good enough.

Its a very very very long game. With very likeable characters, and a pretty good battle system

Zeromus_X
05-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Well, all the Star Ocean games have had a good chunk of the story on an underdeveloped planet, so it really wasn't surprising after the first two games. Still, it is a bit of false advertising as a 'futuristic RPG' when a great deal of it is on the planet Elicoor II. Oh well, you got the crystalline outer space dungeon, you can't really ask for alot more. :cat:

Also, many of the main characters are Elicoorans, and you do get to recruit up to two of them, so meh.

As for long, I don't really think it's that long. Sure, it's not short, but it's not incredibly long. (Unless you prepare for the tasty bonus dungeons.) I guess the first time through the game, but I've played it enough to where I play through really quick anyway. :cat:

But really, why don't you like the mideival part? All RPGs have some midieval references. I just don't understand why it's a big deal, unless you were expecting it to be really futuristic like it says on the box and then you spend a bunch of time on an underdeveloped planet, which would be quite understandable.

PontiusPilate
05-12-2006, 01:50 AM
But really, why don't you like the mideival part? All RPGs have some midieval references. I just don't understand why it's a big deal, unless you were expecting it to be really futuristic like it says on the box and then you spend a bunch of time on an underdeveloped planet, which would be quite understandable.

Because the story was Sooooo incredddibllyyyy slowwwwww. It was one of those games where u have to get Item A u have to get Item B, to get item b u have to get item C and so on. I mean at the beginning of the medievil part i already knew what the goal was. 40 hours(guess) later i finally achieved it

Zeromus_X
05-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Well, it is an RPG. Do you mean that the main point of the story isn't made clear until the late stages of the game? I never really noticed too many fetch quests in this game.

PontiusPilate
05-13-2006, 01:33 AM
I meant that if u played the beginning and skipped over to the end of elicor and begginging of the space part, you would have never know there was a medievil level in the first place. The Medeivil part contributed in no way to the overall plot