PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready for my next gaming system...so help me decide.

ChocoKid21
05-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Ok, so I'm ready to upgrade to the next system.

I already have a PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and GBASP.

I want to get a handheld and I can't decide weather I want a PSP or a DS...I'm kinda leaning towards DS because its got a lot of games I like...but anyways...can you give me some pros and cons for each system cause I want opinions from people that have them.

DeathKnight
05-08-2006, 01:35 AM
DS:

-FREE online play
-GREAT games
-Stylus
-D-pad
-And most games are FRESH and NEW (unlike most PSP games).

Zeromus_X
05-08-2006, 01:38 AM
DS: Final Fantasy III and other great games. (Castlevanias, Tales, etc.)

PSP: Valkyrie Profile

So...yeah...you should get 'em both if possible. :p :cat: Although I'd say VP is the only truly worthwhile game for the PSP, and it may not even come outside of Japan. So a DS is totally worth it, but if possible, get both. :cat:

Erdrick Holmes
05-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Sega Dreamcast, because I said so.

ChocoKid21
05-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Sega Dreamcast, because I said so.

Used to have one. I enjoyed Sonic Adventure SO MUCH. That game was awesome. I loved the story line.

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 02:15 AM
I have a DS and PSP, It's a tough call between the two as far as I'm concerned, especially with such great things coming for the PSP in the near future. I guess I lean a little toward recommending the DS because it's got a better selection of games at the moment and it's cheaper. My recommendation would be to wait and get a DS Lite unless you're particularly crazy about some of the games in the current/upcoming PSP library.

DS
Meteos
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Tetris DS
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Metroid Prime Hunters
Osu! Tatake! Ouendan
Final Fantasy III DS (Upcoming)
ASH: Arcane Sealed Heat (Upcoming)
PSP
Metal Gear AC!D
Metal Gear AC!D^2
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Lumines
Me & my Katamari
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (Upcoming)
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (Upcoming)
New Rez style game (Upcoming)

Lionx
05-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Outside of FF and Katamari(which can be gotten for console), DS seems to win here...online play is awesome too. Mario Kart DS, you cant lose.