PDA

View Full Version : Best RPG on PS1 (not counting turnbased games)

PontiusPilate
05-08-2006, 02:40 AM
What do you think is the best rpg for the ps1 thats not turnbased? The reason i say no turnbased is because i think turnbased is probably one of the most boring forms of gameplay ever made?

Zeromus_X
05-08-2006, 02:43 AM
Wtf? Most RPGs are turn-based! :cat: Well, for the non-turn-based games, I guess Star Ocean: The Second Story is pretty awesome. :cat: But most of the other RPGs I like for PS1 are turn-based, most RPGs in general are. I can't think of many more real-time RPGs off the top of my head, for now.

BizzerocitY
05-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Well for the X-box Fable is godlike. I absolutely love it, and I love the fast paced action fighting, just hacking through hordes of enemies with a Greatsword, omg, love it.

DJZen
05-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Actually it's true, most RPGs in general are turn based. The turn based RPGs for PS1 that jump to mind are Legend of Dragoon (people liked it, I have no idea why), Dragon Warrior VII (actually the best selling PS1 game of all time), the Suikoden series, Final Fantasy Origins, erm... Was Wild Arms turn based? I never played it.

As far as ATB and similar systems, I'd mention the Final Fantasy games, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Star Ocean 2, and I guess that's all I can think of. There were a few more RPGs released around the time that FFVII came out than usual, but that died off soon enough.

BizzerocitY
05-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Jade Empire is also good for the X-box. I don't know of any life action role playing game for the PS1. But Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamaya is a VERY GOOD GAME!!! VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD! GET IT!

I Took the Red Pill
05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Star Ocean: The Second Story is the best (non-turnbased) for me hands down.

Galbadian Soldier
05-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Star Ocean: The Second Story is the best (non-turnbased) for me hands down.

Same here, i think Star Ocean:TSS was my most played PS1 game ever. I tried to get all 80+ endings but I only got about... 40 :p

Dreddz
05-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Grandia is mine