PDA

View Full Version : What is this FF creature/race called???!

MateriaBladeVII
05-08-2006, 05:08 AM
Hey guys-

I've pretty much played almost every FF game, and I can't seem to recall what this creature is. Yet where I found the image, its claimed to have been in an FF game. I'm just curious to know what it is and what game its appeared in. Anyone able to help? Here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/MateriaBladeVII/Random%20Images/99eb4233.jpg

I have never seen such an FF species before... Hope someone knows what it is! Thanks!

Zeromus_X
05-08-2006, 05:51 AM
Huh...I don't really know. It looks like it'd be some other game monster, I certainly don't recognize it. :cat: Sorry. :(

dodhungry
05-08-2006, 06:53 AM
That thing looks like a Pokemon.... Maybe it comes from FF11???

Miriel
05-08-2006, 08:04 AM
It's called a Mandragora. There are a bunch of them in FFXI. And I believe these creatures are going to be in FFXII as well.

They're cute little buggers but they have horribly debilitating sleep spells.

crazybayman
05-08-2006, 02:17 PM
It's called a Mandragora. There are a bunch of them in FFXI. And I believe these creatures are going to be in FFXII as well.
They were in the demo. So I'd say that's a fair guess.

Dell
05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Alright, since you helped me with this ROM and Emu stuff, I'll delete it.

Markus. D
05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Mandragora from FFXI :D

cute little annoying things <3

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Mandragora has been a monster in many of the Final Fantasy games, only this particular design is new. It's a great design and I expect that it will be a recurring enemy like Sabotender from now on.

crazybayman
05-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Alright, since you helped me with this ROM and Emu stuff, I'll delete it.
No need to delete it, just put spoiler tags around it. Its the big :eek: above where you type.

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 07:19 PM
You do realize that by quoting his post, your post is the one that is still preserving the spoiler, right?

Anyway, that 'spoiler' isn't such a big deal, however you should know that we are cracking down on spoilers, especially on games that have not even hit the states yet. Please use the spoiler tag if you are saying anything about the game that has not been seen on trailers or demos yet.

Crossblades
05-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Yup, it's a Mandragora, one of the first enemies you meet in FF XI, that is if you start the game in Windurst

crazybayman
05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
You do realize that by quoting his post, your post is the one that is still preserving the spoiler, right?

Anyway, that 'spoiler' isn't such a big deal, however you should know that we are cracking down on spoilers, especially on games that have not even hit the states yet. Please use the spoiler tag if you are saying anything about the game that has not been seen on trailers or demos yet.
Ah, yes. Silly me. Thank you for deleting it (my post, I mean).

Nick Schovitz
05-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Aww this is the new Mandragora, I liked them when they were big, in IX and X.

crazybayman
05-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Aww this is the new Mandragora, I liked them when they were big, in IX and X.
Right.....it was a variation of an Ochu in FFX.