PDA

View Full Version : Complete JiminyJournal or Start Over?

BatChao
05-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Hi all. As you know, in KHII, if you complete Jiminy's Journal in Standard mode, then beat the game, you get a special ending. You probably also know that you can get the same ending if you beat the game in Proud mode, but only after completing every world.

I've beaten the game on Standard and am currently trying to complete Journal, but I'm about to tear my hair out because 1) Some challenges are just insane, and 2) A lot of the challenges are just plain boring. Now, my question is, which is more time consuming? A second playthrough on Proud mode or just going ahead and completing all the challenges. I'm starting to lean toward just completing the game again on Proud. For those of you that have done one or the other (or both), which one would you suggest? And I know the ending is on the internet, but I'd rather get it myself and watch it myself. So yea... Thanks in advance!

Zeromus_X
05-08-2006, 06:19 AM
I'd just go and complete the game on Proud, like I'm doing, because I've heard it can take as much time as it took to beat the game to complete the Journal. So yeah, go Proud. The only difference is that the enemies are tougher, that's it. :cat:

Tavrobel
05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
It depends on what kind of gamer you are. Are you a button masher, and did you enjoy LotR: The Two Towers, by EA Games? Are you still thinking to yourself, X, X, /\? Are you bad at math? Then Proud Mode is the mode for you.

If you enjoy minigames in general, or have a strong case of perseverance , then complete the Journal. Synthesis hunting and the Paradox Cup also require leethax math skills: you must have been in at least Algebra One by 12th grade.

As for your inquiry about time, it took me 28 hours on Proud Mode to beat the game. It took me another 20 to finish the Jiminy Journal. Since my expectations are not other people's, we shall move on. It'll probably take you less time to play through the game again, and not to mention, you can skip scenes, and things will go faster, seeing as you have already done it once before. Of course, if you already have most of the Journal completed, then try to finish it.

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
I just finished the journal. There are only a few challenges that are really tough, it wasn't really that bad.

McLovin'
05-08-2006, 09:14 PM
How do you get the insane amount of Coliseum points?

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
For which cup? Most of them I just used Peter Pan over and over again, the huge combos you get by using him makes tons of orbs and usually gives you more points than you'll ever need. The ones where you can't use him are a bit tougher.

Tavrobel
05-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Peter Pan = Points ahoy.
Trinity Limit should be used when Summons cannot. I'm not sure, but Master form's Air attack finisher is also very Combo-matic.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-08-2006, 10:45 PM
doesnt stitch give u more points?

Tavrobel
05-08-2006, 11:32 PM
He might be considered useful if he actually did any damage. But even then, if you tap X and Triangle fast enough, you get massive-er points with Peter Pan.

ZeZipster
05-09-2006, 01:01 AM
I did it on Proud after I completed it on Standard. It only took 3 days for me. Seriously it doesn't take that long if you skip the storyline. I think you even skip some of the boss fights if you skip the scene before them. It felt like it.

Mercen-X
05-09-2006, 02:25 AM
As for your inquiry about time, it took me 28 hours on Proud Mode to beat the game. It took me another 20 to finish the Jiminy Journal.
I would have beat the game in half that time (which is about 10 hours less than I spent in Standard just TRYING to complete the JJ) only problem being that I couldn't round up Demyx's forms fast enough. Magnet magic never helped . . . eventually I beat him down. I managed to combo him long enough to prevent him from using the form thing again (except the last one which I flashed through by pure luck). When I finally beat him . . . I was far from proud. With so many people spouting off about how easy the game was on Proud Mode, it took all of the fun out of it for me because I felt like a DAMN amateur. I realize that I pretty much am which sucks. Those stupid idiots . . . couldn't they have kept their mouths shut for just a couple of months?

Anyway . . . point being you can spend less time playing through Proud Mode than bothering with Jiminy's Journal . . . especially if you're like me and can't wrap your head around the tactics necessary to beat Sephiroth.

Slicksword45
05-09-2006, 03:05 AM
i'm doing proud mode and i just killed hades.

Scar,Barbossa and the guy with the spears were hard....

compleatiing that journal is SOOOOO boring though

KH-Cloudy
05-09-2006, 04:35 AM
Completing the JJ on standard is insane..SYSTHESIS!!?!?!?..Proud is a bit easier just dontneed to complete his Journal (Damn taking soo many notes)

BlackxRose
05-09-2006, 08:34 AM
I've been wondering the same thing myself. Trying to complete the JJ in Standard mode has really been nerve-racking, as I just don't have the patience to do some of the tasks. Restarting it in Proud is just seeming more and more like the better choice. I just wish I'd done that in the first place -_-;;