PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Power Leveling

Sheperd
05-08-2006, 12:27 PM
What's up, new to the forum guys. Glad to be here =). I just thought I would share with you a method (called Power Leveling) that is extremely usefull for earning high exp. Take note: This guide only applies after you have reached the "World of Ruin" and after recieving the "Falcon" airship. Also, you will level so incredibly fast, that it may kill some of the fun in the game. Only use this tactic if you want to explore the world with maxed out characters.
First, choose a character out of your party that you wish to have power leveled. We will just use "Locke" as an example for this guide. Equip Locke with a Gengi Glove and an Experience Egg relic. Next, equip him with his highest Physical Attack Power weapons. Now, with a party of 4, enter any random battle anywhere. Select any character with the spell "Break", and have them cast it on everyone except Locke. Do not cure them of Petrify, keep it on them ...I'll explain why in a bit. Take your party to the imfamous forest shaped like a "T-Rex Head" located in the northern continent. Save your progress.
At this point your party should look like this: 3 party members with the current status "Petrify" on them. Locke equiped with a Gengi Glove + Exp Egg, and his best possible weapons/armor, with full HP/MP and clean status.
Finally, enter a battle INSIDE the T-Rex Forest, where you should encounter a Tyrannosaur, and if you're lucky; two. Here's where the beauty starts. The AI will still attack the petrified players, but the exp is not devided, Locke will get it all!
When the battle begins, Immediately start attacking. Do not worry about buffs, just keep attacking. You want to kill them before they cast Meteor. If Meteor kills you in 1 hit, try wearing armor that increases your maximum HP. Keep saving every few rounds.. At lower levels (35+) it is possible to gain more than three levels in one battle. Trust me, you will not find any better place to level up. You even get some decent magic points here too, so be sure and change Espers often.

Things to look out for:
Pincer Attack: In some cases, you will be attacked by 2 Tyrann's. This is a good thing, because you can gain multiple levels in this battle. Just make sure to HEAL after every Meteor. If they both cast Meteor on you, things can look very fatal. Just focus on taking at least one of them out before that happens.
Brontosaur: This is the only other monster you will encounter in the forest. If you see this monster ...RUN. This can be one of the hardest battles in the game. This battle can wipe out an entire party of level 99's within 10 seconds, if you don't know what you're doing. He will almost always cast a devestating status inflicting spell that is much like an Oscar's "Bad Breathe". He will then follow that up with "Ultima" ..usually dealing anywhere from 7,000 to 9,999 damage to your party. He has incredibly high life too. Only fight this battle with a full party of level 90's+.
Paladin Shield If you're strong enough to defeat the Tyrann's with only 1 weapon, then now would be a great time finish the Paladin Shield quest.

Well everyone, I really hope this guide has helped you. If you've already beaten the game and never had a full party of 99's ...then here's the best way. Enjoy, have fun, and take care =).

-Sheperd

KoShiatar
05-08-2006, 01:30 PM
This is nice. However, Brontosaurs aren't impossible to defeat at all, even with not-so-strong characters. Sure, it's not something to do with a one-character party, but if you have, say Relm with the Fake Moustache relic, and Lock with a Genji Glove, you can keep them paralyzed until you manage to steal the Ribbon they carry, and them finish them off with spells.

tailz
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
brontos arent that hard just one char with genji glove and offering and anther with normal attack is enough

oh and a way for better leveling (imo) is to use 2 char teams one with exp. egg and a relic to your liking the other (preferably) max level offering genji glove combo with atma weapon and ilumnia ecuiped. then fight in t-rex forest

this will reduce te exp a bit (although you still level extremely fast) but is much safer

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2006, 05:31 PM
You do know about Vanish + Doom, right?

Flying Mullet
05-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome to EoFF. :)

Crossblades
05-08-2006, 05:46 PM
This is nice. However, Brontosaurs are all but impossible to defeat.

Not if you use the Vanish and Doom trick:p

KoShiatar
05-08-2006, 05:52 PM
This is nice. However, Brontosaurs are all but impossible to defeat.

Not if you use the Vanish and Doom trick:p

I think I used a wrong sentence there :P:tongue:

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I beat Brontosaur with a party of level 7's without using vanish/doom.

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2006, 07:07 PM

Necro you once beat Chaos, The Emperor, Dark Cloud, Zeromus, Neo-X-Death, Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Necron and Sin at the same time level 1 with a single character with both hands tied behind your back, after going three days without sleep, whilst simultaneously escaping from an escape jacket hanging upside down in a tank full of piranhas...probably.

KoShiatar
05-08-2006, 07:19 PM
If you use the trick I told you about, you can probably beat one at level 7, assuming that Relm is lucky enough to keep them Controlled until you killed them. Also, the battles on the Veldt give you magic points, but not experience points, so you can learn powerful magic without leveling up.

Crossblades
05-08-2006, 07:46 PM

How did you do that?

ljkkjlcm9
05-08-2006, 07:46 PM
you know an even better way of doing it? You can have all 4 characters be perfectly fine, make sure the character you want to get all the EXP is dealing the killing blow, when they're about to attack, hold down L+R to make everyone start running. When that person finishes the attack and returns to his place let go of L+R, the other 3 characters should run leaving him alone and the enemy dead, giving him all the EXP and making every character useful for the battle! How's that for a trick?

THE JACKEL

Sheperd
05-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Errrr ....well I was assuming that one would start Power Leveling at a low level. Like level 30 or 40. Once you get to level 70 things start getting pretty easy. And yes, I also assumed that you wouldn't use Vanish/Doom on them either :p hehe.

ps: KoShiatar, you have a very good point. Relm is another good way to avoid being killed from the Brontosaur

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 09:13 PM
How did you do that?Gem Box, Ecomomizer, Ultima, Life 3, Power, Will, Determination, and 137% MBLOCK