PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement

Flying Mullet
05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Satin sheets are evil.

About a month ago my wife and I were at the store and they had some satin sheets on clearance. The color wasn't the nicest or anything, but we figured we'd get some and pretend we live a life of luxury sleeping in satin sheets on our bed.

Well we put them on our bed for the first time last Friday, thinking it'd be nice to sleep in each morning with the satin sheets and such over the weekend. Bad idea. Satin sheets are evil. If you get hot and sweat at all, even just a single drop of presperation, it's like sleeping in saran wrap (plastic cling wrap). The sheets stick to you and you can't move. If it's dry and cooler out, this isn't a problem. But we live in southeast Texas, where it's toasty now and we've got a bit of humidity as well.

Needless to say I slept like crap all weekend and now it's Monday morning and I want my weekend back with my good, old-fashioned cotton sheets. :cry:

So, have you every had any moments where you thought you would be suave and sophisticated and it backfired on you?

GhandiOwnsYou
05-08-2006, 02:27 PM
constantly. Wine and Cigars? Jeebus. Gimme Rum and a cigarette. Same deal with suits of any type and any type of fancy restaraunt. As the glorious burger king commercial says, I am a man, and I am hungry. A little parsely flake on a forkful of perfectly grilled salmon is neither worth $20 nor going to fill my stomach.

Rusty
05-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I got given satin sheets once! They are gorgeous, all purple and checkered and worth heaps I believe. I put them on my bed once and by morning the sheets weren't even on the bed they were that slippery. I didn't sleep all night. I was just slipping and sliding everywhere. Satin sheets are horrible. I understand with the hot weather thing. Satin sheets are a nightmare to sleep in, in hot weather. It's like being trapped in a volcano.

TheAbominatrix
05-08-2006, 03:36 PM
constantly. Wine and Cigars? Jeebus. Gimme Rum and a cigarette. Same deal with suits of any type and any type of fancy restaraunt. As the glorious burger king commercial says, I am a man, and I am hungry. A little parsely flake on a forkful of perfectly grilled salmon is neither worth $20 nor going to fill my stomach.

Ugh, you said it. I remember my gramma giving me some expensive red wine and I was completly disgusted by the taste. Give me rum anyday.

I've never been to a super expensive restaurant, but I cant even imagine spending that much money for a small portion that's supposed to be better because of the quality of the ingredients or the artistry of the presentation. Gimme the $50 back and I can eat delicious huge portions of cheap food for 3 weeks.

fire_of_avalon
05-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I've been to fancy restaurants and I'm usually uncomfortable and/or talking too loudly/causing a scene.

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2006, 05:14 PM
You should've known better. Satin is one letter away from Satan. It's the main reason why I don't trust Santa.

Yamaneko
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Real men cover themselves with newspaper to keep warm.