PDA

View Full Version : My Characters....

DragonTU84
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey everyone! Since I tend to like to design my own characters, I thought I would post a thread with some of my work here! I will post one or two at a time, and leave time for you all to comment them before posting the next. ;) Let me know what you all think! Here is my character that I designed awhile back (when I still had bangs, lol). Very Final-Fantasy and warrior/fighter based... However, as I have 2 different formats for this character, I will post both images for this one...crits on both are welcome. The only thing I wanna change later is the hair...mostly those bangs. :p

http://tiger.towson.edu/~cpare1/Me Character-with Description 3.jpg

http://tiger.towson.edu/~cpare1/Me Character!! 4-2 small.jpg

Rengori
05-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Her face is strange. You should work on that.

Markus. D
05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
its great.

thats how the face has been drawn, I can appreciate the style of drawing :)

smittenkitten
05-09-2006, 03:13 PM
That's really well done, You got the body shape very well. The face Is good I think you only need to work on the shading maybe a bit lighter on the left of the face, but it's really good. :)

~SapphireStar~
05-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Very well done indeed, the face just needs alittle work. Other then that its great! I love the sunbeams in the second image.

DragonTU84
05-10-2006, 12:43 AM
What do you all think needs to be done to the face? :confused: I am just wondering, that's all. I am always open up to suggestions...just let me know what you think needs to be done and I can fix it! ;) Thanks for the compliments, comments, and crits, though!

Rengori
05-10-2006, 02:17 AM
It just looks wierd... not sure why, but it does look wierd.

Markus. D
05-10-2006, 08:58 AM
well I reckon it looks fine for this style of drawing.

DragonTU84
05-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks, well I will check into the face sometime later, kinda been too busy to fix it any more. I will repost it when I get the chance to work on it! :) In the meantime...here is another character pic! Still open for comments and crits too for these! :)

http://tiger.towson.edu/~cpare1/Lia-Nailo.jpg

Rengori
05-11-2006, 10:18 PM
That one the face is much better. Good job Dragon dude/dudette!

~SapphireStar~
05-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Totally agree, I love her staff!

DragonTU84
05-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanx everyone! ^_^ I am glad you all like my last character! It is my most recent, yet I had to do it in black and white since I was making it for a printmaking project...which was later printed on a transparency to be exposed to a photo-lithograph plate to make prints from. The head on the other girl was tilted back, so I had to show her nostrils and stuff, so maybe that was why it seemed "weird?" Whereas this one has her head tilted down so you don't see the nostrils...could that have been it? :confused: Or the thick bangs or harsh shadows could be throwing the face off in the first one, which will eventually be fixed anyway! :p

Again, thanks for the comments and crits, as more are always still welcome! Also, I am a "dudette," I guess you could say!! ;)

~Crystal~

~SapphireStar~
05-12-2006, 08:20 PM
The head on the other girl was tilted back, so I had to show her nostrils and stuff, so maybe that was why it seemed "weird?"
I think that may be it actually! But I think the second looks excellent in black and white.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I agree with Saph on that. Also, sometimes grayscale is the best way to go.