PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Wish List

Necronopticous
05-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Well, Final Fantasy XIII has been unveiled but details are still extremely sparse. What are some of the things that you hope make it into this installment of the series?

Female protagonist...man my wish is already come true.

Erdrick Holmes
05-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Lesbian romance or no romance at all
A few songs on the soundtrack done by Guilty Gear's Daisuke Ishiwatari
A protagonist that isn't a little emo pissant
JOB-MOTHER FUCKING -CLASES
Voice acting that doesn't suck

Behold the Void
05-09-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm hoping for a more refined real-time combat engine. Those action sequences look like they could be a lot of fun if you have a lot more control. Maybe move towards a more Kingdom Hearts scheme, possibly with character switching like in Star Ocean III.

I really have to see more, but I'm intrigued with the setting and will probably have several hopes when more is released.

Cid
05-09-2006, 01:24 AM
I just want it to be fun. I haven't had fun in a FF game in a long, long time.

Acid Raine
05-09-2006, 01:26 AM
What are you all TALKING about??

There was a female protagonist and JOB-MOTHER smurfING -CLASES in X-2!!! Arent you satisfied??

pyro psychosis
05-09-2006, 01:31 AM
ah, gimme some good old turn-based rpg action.
another memorable nobuo sountrack
sick ass chocobos is futuristic armor
a magic system more like VI or VII
a story so great it'll go down in history as "truly the best story"

Behold the Void
05-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Well, Uematsu isn't the main composer anymore. Might mean some fresh new talent, might mean lacking musical quality.

Obviously I'm hoping for the former of the two.

RSL
05-09-2006, 01:40 AM
200 hours of gameplay.
a ridge racer like mini game.
no swords
no guns
chocobos that fly
a chocobo that joins your party and fights with you (and can fly)
four playable characters. No more, no less.

Erdrick Holmes
05-09-2006, 01:45 AM
I also want a fighting game mini-game.

FF_Chick
05-09-2006, 01:59 AM
You guys make me sick... YOU ALL FORGOT ABOUT :mog: !

Rocket Edge
05-09-2006, 02:16 AM
As long as (and i think they are) Uematsu and Amano are behind it ill be happy ;). If i was dreaming they could bring back the junction system...... hell anything from 8 would do:D

Zeromus_X
05-09-2006, 02:18 AM
I still believe Tina was the main character of FFVI, but to each their own. :cat:

Still, looks pretty cool. Although I can already see the old-school people bitching about it being too technological. I got over my complaints at XII, so nothing will really surprise me anymore.

FF_Chick
05-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Im old school and I love how this is looking.

Erdrick Holmes
05-09-2006, 02:42 AM
Im also wanting a character who fights with his/her fists. One who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty.

FallenAngel411
05-09-2006, 02:59 AM
I just want this to be as awesome as the trailer makes it look. I am 90% sure Square won't dissapoint.

Khaotic
05-09-2006, 03:13 AM
I hope its a normal battle system, none of this running around seeing a monster, targeting, etc, I want the screen to flash and then you're in a battle.

LunarWeaver
05-09-2006, 03:18 AM
I hope the world gets destroyed at the end and you don't save everybody :O!! *Twisted*

Russielloyd
05-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Moogles called Ted and Frank
Chocobo called GLC (Goldie Looking Chocobo)

Seriously
Wonderfully designed swords (never a FF without them.)

A story that will echo throughout the ages.

Kickass characters.

Amazing music that brings you into the game so much, that you feel like someone created you on their high-tech computer. (Uematsu should be hired to do this.)

Turn-based fighting (i mean lets not lose the whole plot about what the battling system is supposed to traditional be, not bloody soul caliber.)

Lynx
05-09-2006, 05:57 AM
turn based rpg
no guns
lots of swords.
chocobos
moogles
obviously we wont have the old style knights and kings liveing in castles traveling on foot and chocobo but hopefully they'll go back to that one day this future age stuff isnt what final fantasy was orginally about.
bring back the crystals
Actual control of the airship and a real world map. none of that FFX airship flying where you pick a spot and bam you're there.
a dragoon character

but looks good so far and i like the idea of a female main character a nice change. but that trailer is'nt 100% it could end up being a guy as the main character. look at other trailers for other video games you'll notice a lot fo scenes that never happen and a lot of misleading stuff. but im still hopeing its a female main character.

Larahl
05-09-2006, 09:34 AM
I just wish it will have an amazing storyline.
So far in the trailer they just focused on the action...

DeathKnight
05-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I hope its a normal battle system, none of this running around seeing a monster, targeting, etc, I want the screen to flash and then you're in a battle.

yeah that's what I want too..............but it just FEELS like they're going the FFXII way...which I thought they wouldn't do. If they do go the FFXII way, I want it to be more like Kingdom Hearts, more of a free-fighting kind of a style AND multi-player, where up to 4 other people can control 4 other character *grins*:)

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Less people holding out swords towards the camera menacingly. :mad2: God, it's so old! Do something else with it!

A main hero less gloomy.
A main hero that isn't pretty and feminine looking.
A main hero with a 5 o'clock shadow, possibly, a la Barrett.
A playable robot.
A playable creature that has no hands - just feet/paws/claws. In other words, something that has all feet on the ground or something.
A guy and girl in love.
The option for the guy and girl to actually get married in the middle of the game. So you don't have to diddle-daddle about it like a couple of freaking high school students. God.
More options, on that note. Not options that drastically change the story to have a completely different plot, but enough to give you more control over what kind of character the lead hero is. Maybe you can have a grudgy type, mabye you can have a happy type, maybe you can push into a relationship with one girl or another, maybe... well, you get the idea. Just enough to change the attitude shown in what you say, stuff like that.
A large world map that you can freely roam around after the game ends and stuff. Like, see what the world is like now that you saved it. I've always always always wanted that in an FF game.
An army.
With ninjas.
And wizards.
NINJA WIZARDS!
Maybe some bears, too...
Bears that shoot laser beams out of their eyes.
8-)

DeathKnight
05-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Less people holding out swords towards the camera menacingly. :mad2: God, it's so old! Do something else with it!

A main hero less gloomy.
A playable robot.
A playable creature that has no hands - just feet/paws/claws. In other words, something that has all feet on the ground or something.
A guy and girl in love.
The option for the guy and girl to actually get married in the middle of the game. So you don't have to diddle-daddle about it like a couple of freaking high school students. God.
More options, on that note. Not options that drastically change the story to have a completely different plot, but enough to give you more control over what kind of character the lead hero is. Maybe you can have a grudgy type, mabye you can have a happy type, maybe you can push into a relationship with one girl or another, maybe... well, you get the idea. Just enough to change the attitude shown in what you say, stuff like that.
A large world map that you can freely roam around after the game ends and stuff. Like, see what the world is like now that you saved it. I've always always always wanted that in an FF game.
An army.
With ninjas.
And wizards.
NINJA WIZARDS!
Maybe some bears, too...
8-)

Hey Bob, they trailer doesn't REALLY end with the pointed sword, here's a BETTER trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeeIdyZVsY&search=final%20fantasy%20xiii%20E3

and to Lynx, it IS going to have guns, and it seems she'll use it frequently! GUNS! fuck yeah:evil:

PS: I agree with most of Bob's list, tough main character, someone like Seifer or Auron(but younger).

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey Bob, they trailer doesn't REALLY end with the pointed sword, here's a BETTER trailer:

I don't care that it ends with it or not. It's the fact that they do it at all that bugs me. It just oozes "same old, same old".

DeathKnight
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM

I don't care that it ends with it or not. It's the fact that they do it at all that bugs me. It just oozes "same old, same old".

haha, yeah...but I'm too much in love with the graphics to really care :exdee:.......yeah I do see your point though. I mean she could've pointed at the enemy....or she could've smiled......that'd be way cute, or something.:mog: It'd be cool if she held out a mog at the camera hehe:mog: :mog: :mog: People would love that.

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I would rather a game with FFVII quality graphics, lately. Good graphics are one thing, but making everyone pretty and all that sort of thing is just getting really tiring already.

Larahl
05-09-2006, 12:07 PM
A large world map that you can freely roam around after the game ends and stuff. Like, see what the world is like now that you saved it.
That's a really great idea, BoB.
I would love to see how the world's going on after the events.

DeathKnight
05-09-2006, 12:12 PM
A large world map that you can freely roam around after the game ends and stuff. Like, see what the world is like now that you saved it.
That's a really great idea, BoB.
I would love to see how the world's going on after the events.
I've never thought 'bout something like that.........that's pretty damn cool. Yeah I do want a BIG world map and 90+hours of gameplay.

Russielloyd
05-09-2006, 12:17 PM

A main hero less gloomy.
A playable robot.
A guy and girl in love.
An army.
With ninjas.
And wizards.
NINJA WIZARDS!
Maybe some bears, too...
8-)

Thankgod for blu-ray disc then.

Maybe that can be a bonus feature after youve completed the game. As in, you've saved the world, you get the end sequence and the credits and stuff, it asked you to save, then you do that. Then when you back on the main menu and extra option become available when you can roam around after you've saved the world.

It's a great idea, send SE an email.

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
In this day and age, if I send them an email suggesting that, then they're even less likely to do it because of legal matters. :p That, and they wouldn't give a crap about some random fan emailing them.

Russielloyd
05-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Ok, we'll all email them, get all the fans around the world also, to email them. Think they would take notice then? :)

Also put, "P.S, This idea is't isnt copyrighted, go on, steel it, i know you want to, we can pretend i never sent this email, you can claim it as your own and have the whole world at your feet"

crazybayman
05-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Moogles called Ted and Frank
Chocobo called GLC (Goldie Looking Chocobo)

Seriously
Wonderfully designed swords (never a FF without them.)

A story that will echo throughout the ages.

Kickass characters.

Amazing music that brings you into the game so much, that you feel like someone created you on their high-tech computer. (Uematsu should be hired to do this.)

Turn-based fighting (i mean lets not lose the whole plot about what the battling system is supposed to traditional be, not bloody soul caliber.)
my god yes.

turn based rpg
no guns
lots of swords.
chocobos
moogles
obviously we wont have the old style knights and kings liveing in castles traveling on foot and chocobo but hopefully they'll go back to that one day this future age stuff isnt what final fantasy was orginally about.
bring back the crystals
Actual control of the airship and a real world map. none of that FFX airship flying where you pick a spot and bam you're there.
a dragoon character

yes. although one gun slinging character wouldn't hurt.

The main thing for me would be to go back to a more kick-a$$, manly type of main character. Someone I can identify with. Not this girly-boy nonsense.

A kick-a$$ hero who beats the living bajeebers out of the weakling zorn and thorn (from FF9) type villans when they get pi$$ed off. Really. A dude with some scruff, muscles, a big awesome sword and a bit of an attitude. And no teenage angst. Golly that's annoying.

Although that trailer with the female protagonist looked pretty appealing. In a matrix sort of way. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they really come up with this time.

As well, that so called "female" protagonist looked a little boyish to me. But definitely more female than male. This is just a thought, but I don't suppose they'd ever go with a non-gender specific hero? One of an alien race who don't have 2 different genders, but one unisex gender?

Like I said, just a thought, and not what I'd prefer, by no means.

Edit: Upon further viewing of the trailer, that being is, in fact a female. :p Disregard what I said about the one gender stuff. Although in one closeup shot, she did show some sort of manly characteristics.

EDIT BY BoB: Seriously, it's not that hard to avoid the use of swear words, so please just use something else and stop going around the swear filter, thanks. :) Keep this family-friendly.

Crossblades
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Since XIII will have a futuristic setting, then I hope to see a robotic Monk or Ninja, similar to Grobyc from Chrono Cross

Plus, I hope to see the return of fixed classes, like how they did in FF IV and IX

Guardians
05-09-2006, 02:48 PM
well,i hope final fantasy XIII will theme song will nice like other FF's theme song.I'm chinese, so i hope Uematsu can create a nice song and have chinese version.Maybe u all dunno, internet singer in China already perform Melodies If Life and sudeki Dane in chinese version.And i hope FF XIII story in a new interesthing story since FF XII is base on war between country,FF tactics also.War stroy line kinder boring, if can, make the story line like FF VII, or a love story like FF VIII. I no comment in GamePlay cause i din play FF XII yet since i no ps2 =.= , i play FF X and FF X-2 is borrow ps2 from my friend.Beside that , i also hope the skin will like FF IX (classic style).My wish on FF XIII isn't too much? :P sry for my bad english and i hope FF XIII director staff will read this section to devolope FINAL FANTASY XIII

Erdrick Holmes
05-09-2006, 04:07 PM
I also want a villain to act like a villain. Not like all theo ther badguys since FFVII, I want a guy who's TRULY evil, like Golbez or Kefka.

Dell
05-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I want:

Amazing storyline
Great characters with fixed and real personality
Great graphics and sounds like FF XII and FFX
Large sidequest with challenging mini-games and battles
Normal battle system with active/wait and turns
Cool summons
Great equipment
New magic and skill introduced
New special power like Trances or Overdrives is introduced
Character with fixed job like FFIX
Ultimate Weapon give hidden effect to summons like FFX
100+ Hours of Gameplay
Challenging

Nick Schovitz
05-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah that's what I'm talking about!

NeoCracker
05-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Of Course I'd like my turnbased system. A cybornetic Chocobo with lazer and rocket attachmets would rock. Some Pirate action, thats been lacking lately. An Emo Chick, but not the main character. I say chick since we've had enough Emo guys. But not as a main character, just some random person brooding in an ally.

And yes, 80 + hours of game play

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 06:25 PM
After watching the trailer linked in this thread, I'm also hopeful that characters have more than one style of attack. In the trailer, the chick uses guns, a sword and a bit of martial arts. If you can use three different kinds of attacks in the game, I will be very, very happy for that. Hopefully the characters will be able to do such things outside of FMV.

KoShiatar
05-09-2006, 06:41 PM
We've seen it will be visually cool already, so I hope for it to have good musics and to be fun.

Nick1701
05-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I am no doubt going to get slated for this, but what i would most like to see is FF XII being released on XBox 360 as well as Playstation. As much as I love the FF games, I am not planning on buying a Playstation console just for the one game.

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I am no doubt going to get slated for this, but what i would most like to see is FF XII being released on XBox 360 as well as Playstation. As much as I love the FF games, I am not planning on buying a Playstation console just for the one game.
So buy it for two, since there are two FFXIII games being released on the PS3. :p Not to mention all those that will follow.

RSL
05-09-2006, 11:52 PM
If the PS3 is 600 bucks like some are saying then I won't be buying one! I'm getting too old for video games anyway.

Acid Raine
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
If the PS3 is 600 bucks like some are saying then I won't be buying one! I'm getting too old for video games anyway.
Traitor!

I agree with what someone said about the evil villain. I dont want them to try and buy off their evilness with a touching story. I didnt care about Sephiroth's terrible childhood, I didnt care that Kuja was scared about his death, and, for gods sake, I did NOT care about all the torment that "halfling" (seriously, folks. How insulting IS it to be called a halfling, anyway?) Seymour went through! They TRIED with Ultemecia, but she just sucked. SUCKEDSUCKEDSUCKED!!!! BRING ON THE INSANE KILLING MACHINES!!!! BRING ON THE SADISTIC GENOCIDES!!!!! KEFKA WAS TRULY THE GREATEST VILLAIN!!!!! WE NEED AN ANTAGONIST THAT IS EVIL JUST BECAUSE HE LIKES TO HEAR PEOPLE SCREAM!!!!

Elite Lord Sigma
05-10-2006, 12:09 AM

1. It is.

2. Since when should age determine if you play video games or not?

For me, I've liked what I've seen so far. I just hope the female protagonist isn't a hyperactive whiny girl (and by the looks of things, she probably won't).

RSL
05-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Well, the age thing doesn't matter. But 600 bucks? That's three car payments for me. I can't afford that for a console.

nik0tine
05-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Well, the age thing doesn't matter. But 600 bucks? That's three car payments for me. I can't afford that for a console.
The price of the PS3 had better drop drastically by the time FFXIII comes out or I'm going to be pissed.

Behold the Void
05-10-2006, 04:02 AM
To add to BoB's thing, one of the coolest things about Earthbound was going around and visiting everybody after you beat the game. I liked that aspect a lot.

Also, frankly while I can enjoy properly crazy villains, they get old after awhile. Kefka and Albedo are great and all, but a little variation is nice.

That being said I want a truly cunning, calculating villain, the kind of villain that has all of his or her plans laid well in advance. I'm talking about the kind of villain for which the "Heads I Win Tails you Lose - Grahf's Collary" RPG cliche was named for. The one that only fights you because they know that even if you "defeat" them, you're still screwed.

LunarWeaver
05-10-2006, 04:11 AM
To add to BoB's thing, one of the coolest things about Earthbound was going around and visiting everybody after you beat the game. I liked that aspect a lot.

Also, frankly while I can enjoy properly crazy villains, they get old after awhile. Kefka and Albedo are great and all, but a little variation is nice.

That being said I want a truly cunning, calculating villain, the kind of villain that has all of his or her plans laid well in advance. I'm talking about the kind of villain for which the "Heads I Win Tails you Lose - Grahf's Collary" RPG cliche was named for. The one that only fights you because they know that even if you "defeat" them, you're still screwed.

Yeah I kind of want that kind of villain too. Less cackling and more calculating how to kill me.

I'm a character fellow, so I want a Final Fantasy that breaks some molds. Usually their characters are one notes that fall into stereotypes... They do develop, and occassionally break from their "assigned" personality, but it's kind of rare for the supporting cast. I'd like to see them expand on the idea of Squall's inner-monologue but with a wider variety of thoughts n' such.

And let me pick my love relationship in this one ^_^

Or better yet go away with that type of love altogether and try out something new, like brother and sister or something, shake it up a lil'.

XxSephirothxX
05-10-2006, 04:12 AM
All I want is a fun-to-play game with likable characters and an interesting storyline. And I don't want any of it to be spoiled in advance. That's about it, really.

NeoCracker
05-10-2006, 04:30 AM

YEs, but there's not many villians like those two. Also, While Albedo was certifiably insane and probably needed some Prozak, he does have his plans all layed out in advance.
But I digress.

I'd like to see more obscure weapons. Things like awsome wire weapons and such. That would rock.

Acid Raine
05-10-2006, 04:30 AM
Or better yet go away with that type of love altogether and try out something new, like brother and sister or something, shake it up a lil'.
Play Tales of Legendia. It at least starts out that way......THEN they get into the love. EW! INCEST!

LunarWeaver
05-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Play Tales of Legendia. It at least starts out that way......THEN they get into the love. EW! INCEST!

Mirth/Merriment I was all excited at the beginning of that game...and then like 10 hours in it became obvious they weren't brother and sister, and Shirley wanted Senel for no reason like all RPG females. Maybe I should start being a psychologically disturbed jerkface with secrets, everybody will be attracted to me I guess.

But I have faith that Final Fantasy will usher in a new age of sibling love without the ew incest part, and everybody will start copying off of that.

DeathKnight
05-10-2006, 06:18 AM
I'd love to see some incest *watches WAY too much anime*:D

Happy Lesson is one of the greatest incest animes out there:D:up:

Um.........so yeah, some emotional but WELL done incest wouldn't be bad, but it'll only work if it's BIG BROTHER and LITTLE SISTER :love:

PS: I don't have sisters so maybe that's why I don't feel disgusted 'bout it

EDIT: I don't care if you don't have sisters, some of us here do and that isn't appropriate. Keep that talk up and you'll be banned. -Murder

Elite Lord Sigma
05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
The price of the PS3 had better drop drastically by the time FFXIII comes out or I'm going to be pissed.

Agreed.

Dell
05-10-2006, 05:04 PM

Mirth/Merriment I was all excited at the beginning of that game...and then like 10 hours in it became obvious they weren't brother and sister, and Shirley wanted Senel for no reason like all RPG females. Maybe I should start being a psychologically disturbed jerkface with secrets, everybody will be attracted to me I guess.

But I have faith that Final Fantasy will usher in a new age of sibling love without the ew incest part, and everybody will start copying off of that.

Shirley love Senel when they first meet, if you have complete the game, you know why Shirley love Senel. She always try to impress Senel with her Teriques, but Senel choose Stella instead. Senel didn't know that Shirley love her. Tales of Legendia is one of my favourite! And I want Senel to be with Chloe not Shirley.
The last dungeon: The Cradle of Time is awesome, having a fight with 16 bosses with more than 100000HP, I invest two hours on that

Setzer Gabianni
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I'd love to see some incest *watches WAY too much anime*:D

Happy Lesson is one of the greatest incest animes out there:D:up:

Um.........so yeah, some emotional but WELL done incest wouldn't be bad, but it'll only work if it's BIG BROTHER and LITTLE SISTER :love:

PS: I don't have sisters so maybe that's why I don't feel disgusted 'bout it

..That'll go down well with everybody.

Wishlist?

-Summons
-Handsome male characters
-A good story and gameplay.

Acid Raine
05-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Setzer, you dont have very high standards, do you?

As for the incest. Well.....it highly depends on the closeness in blood. If its a distand cousin or an in-law, Im not bothered, but if it is something as close as a brother/sister thing, EW!

As for ToL, yeah sure, they werent TECHNICALLY related, but they still considered themselves that way. So I am still grossed out.

Setzer Gabianni
05-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Not very high standards? Deary me, was it because I said handsome male characters? I am partial to them, so excuse me - I also said I wanted good story and gameplay - what is wrong with my standards hm? Please elaborate, but I am guessing the male comment is what made me have low standards. lol. Sorry I didn't go into lots of detail, but I do not need to. For now anyway. Seems rather pointless.

~Setzer Gabianni

Khaotic
05-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Why do you always need to "flame" back at people to prove your points that they disagree or simply comment on <.<

Hmm, well learning more about it, not really alot, but simply from the trailer, I hope the battle system isn't what it shows, and thats just simply a "special battle" or something.

Acid Raine
05-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Not very high standards? Deary me, was it because I said handsome male characters? I am partial to them, so excuse me - I also said I wanted good story and gameplay - what is wrong with my standards hm? Please elaborate, but I am guessing the male comment is what made me have low standards. I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Sorry I didn't go into lots of detail, but I do not need to. For now anyway. Seems rather pointless.

~Setzer Gabianni
no no no, I wasnt insulting you. You said you wanted handsome male characters, summons, and a good story and gameplay. I meant that you are easily pleased because those are the things that FF is known for.

DeathKnight
05-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Not very high standards? Deary me, was it because I said handsome male characters? I am partial to them, so excuse me - I also said I wanted good story and gameplay - what is wrong with my standards hm? Please elaborate, but I am guessing the male comment is what made me have low standards. I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Sorry I didn't go into lots of detail, but I do not need to. For now anyway. Seems rather pointless.

~Setzer Gabianni
no no no, I wasnt insulting you. You said you wanted handsome male characters, summons, and a good story and gameplay. I meant that you are easily pleased because those are the things that FF is known for.

She doesn't want someone like Vaan that's what I think she meant

Croyles
05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Its likely that the gameplay will change A LOT from what we now see on the trailer. This happens very often when trailers are released so early. There were early FF7 plans quite well thought out that ended up being completely different. The same goes for most FF games. I reckon they will keep the female character etc, but I think the battle system will be and look different. This trailer is probably mainly just to give people a vague feel for it.

LunarWeaver
05-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Its likely that the gameplay will change A LOT from what we now see on the trailer. This happens very often when trailers are released so early. There were early FF7 plans quite well thought out that ended up being completely different. The same goes for most FF games. I reckon they will keep the female character etc, but I think the battle system will be and look different. This trailer is probably mainly just to give people a vague feel for it.

Yeah, I agree with this... It could be entirely different in 12 years (I'm joking *_*...please don't...bite me) when it's released. I sort of like the action stuff though... I'm a sucker for Action-Rpgs, they just rarely ever have stories... So I'd like to see them keep a heavily action-rpg style of system. But I think Squeenix would be in huge trouble with their majority fanbase if they made a main title that wasn't some resemblence of turn-based and was more of an action situation... Well, viva la spin-offs !

Cloudane
05-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Looks fantastic in comparison with 12 already IMO.

But just one thing...

The return of the overworld! Pleeeease! I want to once again find places like Cactuar Island and "whatever lurks in the corner of the map" without just punching in some stupid code. I want to ram my airship into whatever skulking around the torn planet and annoy the pilot. I want...

Setzer Gabianni
05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Ok Acid, fair enough - but, characters isnt what makes a good game only - DK, I like the design of Vaan - he is 17 years old, not yet a man, and people are saying negative things about him because he looks girl whatever.

The gameplay? We don't even know how its planned out yet, so saying you like it already..bit too early to say.

To the person who said I was flaming *i may be wrong* it wasn't a flame.

~Setzer Gabianni

Acid Raine
05-11-2006, 05:21 PM
:confused: where did I say that only characters make a good game?

And they better never make anyone like Vaan again. *shudder* I know bish is popular and everything, but they went too far. Its like downright transvestite.

*bites LunarWeaver* 12 years?? not funny! most of these people here will be 30! RSL will be close to 40!

It'll probably be in around 6 or 7 years. They ARE getting most of their sequels wrapped up. XII is doing well, DC is finished, AC is out, and KH2 is out, too. (maybe now they'll leave VII alone) Am I missing something? I cant help but think I am....

crazybayman
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Actually, I see this one coming out much quicker than that even. It is the first FF title to be released for the PS3.

So if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say 1-2 years after FFXII is released.

Think about what happened to FFIX. Its 2000 release was overshadowed by the the release of the PS2, and just the next year, 2001, FFX was released.

I see the same thing happening here. FFXII's release is getting overshadowed by the PS3 launch, and as well we're already seeing trailers for FFXIII. Plus with the new console trying to win over more customers, Sony may even push square to release a big title for their platform ASAP.

It probably won't be as long as FFXII. Lets hope so, anyways. :p

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 06:15 PM
:confused: where did I say that only characters make a good game?

And they better never make anyone like Vaan again. *shudder* I know bish is popular and everything, but they went too far. Its like downright transvestite.
*bites LunarWeaver* 12 years?? not funny! most of these people here will be 30! RSL will be close to 40!

It'll probably be in around 6 or 7 years. They ARE getting most of their sequels wrapped up. XII is doing well, DC is finished, AC is out, and KH2 is out, too. (maybe now they'll leave VII alone) Am I missing something? I cant help but think I am....

Quoted for truth, I hope they NEVER make a protagonist like that ever again. bleh! :bleh:

Nimbus
05-11-2006, 06:24 PM
FFX battle System - best one imo

Don't make it so future.

No characters that can possibly pass males as females.

Russielloyd
05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
I've seen in some place, that FFXIII is already near completion. It could be possible, i mean we've had to wait 3 years for FFXII since X-2, which we dont normally have to wait that long. I would of thought working on FFXIII would of started in 2003 maybe. The delay of FFXII has taken ages, so it could possibly be released earlier than expected to catch on the time between the last two games.

six underground
05-13-2006, 02:08 AM
they've already fulfilled my wish of an assassin-like femme fatale. :) i've always wanted a final fantasy with a female protagonist who looks like a fallen star :) and i like the futuristic thing. funnily enough, i sensed that they would put out a sci-fi ff after all the medieval games :)

take a look at the gorgeous new battle screen :

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/705/705955/final-fantasy-xiii-20060508112837579.jpg

Acid Raine
05-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Yes. That red X in a white square is quite fascinating.

Malboro_Menace
05-14-2006, 06:03 AM
FFXII's release is getting overshadowed by the PS3 launch, and as well we're already seeing trailers for FFXIII. Plus with the new console trying to win over more customers, Sony may even push square to release a big title for their platform ASAP.

I agree. Look at what happened with Microsoft. They pushed to have Halo out at the debut of the Xbox and it just kicked right off.

FFX battle System - best one imo

Don't make it so future.

Yet again I agree. I think the battle system will be like this Star Wars game my friend has (can't recall the title) where its turn based... in a way. Kind of a hybrid turn/action based system.

My wish is that they have another Auron type character to guide the main character.

Acid Raine
05-14-2006, 06:13 AM
My wish is that they have another Auron type character to guide the main character.
Dont you think thats kind of cliched?

DeathKnight
05-14-2006, 03:39 PM

More than making medieval FFs??? no:choc2:

Malboro_Menace
05-15-2006, 01:23 AM

No what I mean is a cool, suave character who guides the character on. Thats what I love about Auron in FFX. Without him Tidus was a goner.

Acid Raine
05-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Actually, if it wasnt for Yuna, Wakka, Kimahri, and Lulu, Tidus would be a goner. By the time Auron came along, Tidus was already pretty established.

Mirage
05-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Better character design. I won't get that wish granted though :(.
I wouldn't say no thanks to a job system either, but somehow, I don't think we'll get that this time.
A huge, believable world.
Ancient ruins with legendary monsters. Preferrably many of them, optional or not.
A main character that isn't too emo or angsty, though some other playable characters may be.
Conspiracies :p, but that's granted. The only thing is how good they'll be.
An action oriented battle system also seems to be granted.
A story that gets me emotionally touched, which is starting to become hard to do. Maybe I'm growing old?
A lone wolf-ish main character could be interesting. We haven't had one since FF8.
Quality voice acting. Lip resyncing.

Final Nerd Fantasy
06-19-2006, 02:32 AM
K, new to forums, deffinitly not new to FF.

Why are people wishing for "Non emo" main characters? The only near emo character ive seen so far is Squall, maybe Cloud.

Also i think its time to move FF to a futeristic world. Im kinda tired of: Midevil times, preasent, Future but everything is dystreoyed and revuild to be midevil.

I like the look of this battle system, i hope its closer to FF-X2 (not the changing jobs, but that fact that everyone can continue fighting even if the monsters are attacking). Also Summons are deffenitly getting old, i think something should be done with them.

As for wepons, the gun/sword (cant really call it a gunblade) is perfect!

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 02:35 AM
K, new to forums, deffinitly not new to FF.

Why are people wishing for "Non emo" main characters? The only near emo character ive seen so far is Squall, maybe Cloud.

Also i think its time to move FF to a futeristic world. Im kinda tired of: Midevil times, preasent, Future but everything is dystreoyed and revuild to be midevil.

I like the look of this battle system, i hope its closer to FF-X2 (not the changing jobs, but that fact that everyone can continue fighting even if the monsters are attacking). Also Summons are deffenitly getting old, i think something should be done with them.

As for wepons, the gun/sword (cant really call it a gunblade) is perfect!

I like your style and I agree.

Mage_of_Fire
07-13-2006, 01:41 PM
A main hero less gloomy.
A guy and girl in love.
/agree with these

I'm really tired of the tidus/vaan type hero. I think having it be a heroine can easily make it a really kick ass story line. And OPTIONS with relationships definitely. I don't just want to choose who throws me my freaking blitzball, I want to choose which one to get it on with.

A protagonist that isn't a little emo pissant
JOB-MOTHER smurfING -CLASES
Voice acting that doesn't suck
Job classes would be nice

GOOD VOICE ACTING. FFS. *Please* :love:

I don't think some of this will happen unfortunately. It's definitely active. But really, active is still basically turn based, everyone just finishes waiting for their turn at different times. ;)

they've already fulfilled my wish of an assassin-like femme fatale. :) i've always wanted a final fantasy with a female protagonist who looks like a fallen star :) and i like the futuristic thing. funnily enough, i sensed that they would put out a sci-fi ff after all the medieval games :)

take a look at the gorgeous new battle screen :

[IM*G]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/705/705955/final-fantasy-xiii-20060508112837579.jpg[/IMG]

Wow that looks nice! The femme fatale is defintely exciting me.

Actually, if it wasnt for Yuna, Wakka, Kimahri, and Lulu, Tidus would be a goner. By the time Auron came along, Tidus was already pretty established.
auron saved tidus before he even saw any of those guys...... ;)

-------------

I just wish I wouldn't have to spend $600 or whatever it is to buy a PS3 to play this game.

TidusMaster
07-19-2006, 10:24 PM

yes i agree!:tongue:

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm happy crystals will return, and won't be like that cop-out crystal in FFIX...:cat:

Shiny
07-23-2006, 01:42 AM
I hope that the main character won't be another Cloud/Squall. I actually hope that they are somewhat between being optimistic and pessimistic. Also, I hope the battle system is good. From what I've seen of it seems pretty action based. I am definately hoping there isn't some cheesy and random romance included in this one.

FFmooshiFF
07-27-2006, 12:56 AM
1) Innovative Battle System that drastically changes the way we play RPG's (which is already in works)

2) A new type of character ie: one that isnt all gloomy and dark like Cloud nor all female looking like Vann.

3) Different worlds to explore instead of just on one planet or maybe two. Kind of like the up and coming game Rogue Galaxy. (this can be accomplished with the power of PS3, imagine like 10 FFX worlds)

4) New summons, totally unique. (I do like the old summons dont get me wrong in fact i love them, but just bringing something new to the plate would add more variety).

5) Same great story written by Kazushige Nojimaand great music composed by Nobu Umatsue of course :D .

6) With the 6 way motion on the PS3 controller, maybe the means of scrolling through menus can be done by just a tilt or flip of your wrist? meaning more buttons to do different things.

7) With the power of PS3 we can safely say that we can now put more equipment slots like in FFXI? to change ur characters looks, in game. Instead of just the usual weapons or gaunlet.

8) Real - World timing system. ie: if you were playing at night the game world would be at night, etc..

9) And of course the Final Fantasy touch. xD

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
things im sure will be there but i still cross my fingers for.
-at least one character i deem likable
-decent story
-Decent Equip, Magic and ability system

heres the big one im worried about.

-Music. I'm looking for somthing suitable, of Final Fantasy Quality, and most of all memerable, somthing that when i listen to later, i can be like "ohh i remember that town", or "that boss".

Omni-Odin
07-29-2006, 07:49 PM
1. No Versus
2. No cell phone expansion game thing

Square ENIX (I capitalize because it's the reason Square's goin' downhill) has got to stop with the whole making money trend and go back to their wonder years. Making one great Final Fantasy game every couple years. Wonder years: 1991 to just before Enix merged with them.

By the way, if you look back at that battle system picture, you will see that the Blizzard command is spelled "Blizzrad". I find it amusing.

King-Killer
08-02-2006, 06:42 PM
1) Innovative Battle System that drastically changes the way we play RPG's (which is already in works)

2) A new type of character ie: one that isnt all gloomy and dark like Cloud nor all female looking like Vann.

3) Different worlds to explore instead of just on one planet or maybe two. Kind of like the up and coming game Rogue Galaxy. (this can be accomplished with the power of PS3, imagine like 10 FFX worlds)

4) New summons, totally unique. (I do like the old summons dont get me wrong in fact i love them, but just bringing something new to the plate would add more variety).

5) Same great story written by Kazushige Nojimaand great music composed by Nobu Umatsue of course :D .

6) With the 6 way motion on the PS3 controller, maybe the means of scrolling through menus can be done by just a tilt or flip of your wrist? meaning more buttons to do different things.

7) With the power of PS3 we can safely say that we can now put more equipment slots like in FFXI? to change ur characters looks, in game. Instead of just the usual weapons or gaunlet.

8) Real - World timing system. ie: if you were playing at night the game world would be at night, etc..

9) And of course the Final Fantasy touch. xD

That's really good. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Aurons_Desciple
08-03-2006, 01:49 AM
I want a battle system that's not over complicated, i liked FFX's, it was simple and effective. I think they should have an older person (like Auron) in the party, i don't think it's cliche. FF is full of cliche, so something like that isn't really gonna bother SE that much IMO or the fans.
I would like to be able to fly the airship manually. I would like to see multiple disks like the PS1 FF games, it felt so awesome to see the 'Insert Disk _ Now ' come up after beating a boss :D

Harpoon
09-29-2006, 07:58 AM
Im gonna go with something that a few people have already suggested.

A big fuck off world map. I love being able to just roam around to any town I feel like. its more like youre actually on a planet ya know?...

Maybe not...Anyway....

World maps rock...

Ashley Schovitz
09-30-2006, 02:05 AM
I want this game to be very long and have a ton of mini gmaes, a lot would be new futuristic sports, it would be good to have a female lead character, oh and chocobos with laser cannons, chocobos with laser cannons, and a robot ally that's better than Robo.

Chocobo_Knight
10-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Haahaa I'm still for male leads with big swords. Tidus is a fav :)

41-Inches-Wide
11-13-2006, 06:15 AM
I WANT THIS TO BE A HORROR RPG!!!!!!
err... Final Fantasy 13... Friday the 13th? Get it.

Yeah, sorry.

UltimateSpamGrover
11-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Bring Ramuh back.

Barney
11-19-2006, 11:26 PM
I would love to be able to have much more freedom over the storyline, e.g. choose if im male or female, choose my main weapon and my love interest/ relationships within the game, surley this isnt impossible with the new power of the ps3. I love the idea of being able to see the world after you have saved it and being able to explore the world again.

Good solid chracter personalitys that you can see change or affect the game.

Oh anda day and night system so that if its night its dark, etc, and you have to sleep every now and then, make it like a proper journey, with the abillity to change your clothes along the way not neccisarly as armour but just so you look different lol.

Craig
11-20-2006, 12:09 AM
I want the villain to be completely in control and have everything planned like Josh Hartnett in Lucky Number Slevin or Brad Pitt at the end of Snatch.

I also want the summons to become part of you and change your appearance a bit so you just carry on fighting but with new abilities.

I don't think there would be time to summon some guy and tell him to do your bidding while you're kicking ass and taking name.

Barney
11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I also want the summons to become part of you and change your appearance a bit so you just carry on fighting but with new abilities.

I don't think there would be time to summon some guy and tell him to do your bidding while you're kicking ass and taking name.

I like this idea lol. ;)

VeloZer0
11-23-2006, 04:41 AM
Alright, here goes

>WORLD MAP!!!<
I want to fly my dam airship around. Not too much more to add to this one that hasn't already been said.

>Reduction in 'pansy' and 'wimpy' characters<
I don't play video games to see people I would look down upon if I met in real life, I want to see really badass characters up there wrecking whatever they come against. Obviously they can be complex and no one dimensional, but I shouldn't be left wondering how on earth they could manage to put up a decent fight based on their story established personality. There is no way we should have Random Kid #54 in the same party as Legendary Hero and Warrior Trained From Young Age. At least give me some reason they are so amazing (genetic experiments, son of hero, chosen one, less cliché example, the list goes on....)

>Epic Storyline<
I should notice earth-shattering changes in the world as the game progresses. These aren't supposed to be random adventures of a few people in a kingdom (I'm looking at you XII); they should be an epic team of heroes fighting a legendary struggle. The SNES FF's were amazing in this regard. I should hear random NPCs talking about the effects of some huge event and think 'I was there'.

>Skill System<
I have really disliked the skill development systems in X and XII, as you can basically have everyone get everything. There is no character set up, tweaking or even customization. This is exceedingly lame. I want to have to make choices as to how to set up my party for battle, and I want there to be a multitude of viable options.

>Battle System<
Real time is a horrible idea to introduce into Final Fantasy. So some people enjoy real-time, that is probably why a multitude of non-FF games have been created. Gambits are a HORRIBLE idea. If you are making fights so repetitive and un-enjoyable that you think it is a good idea to automate them, think again. I want to have to think every battle.

RiseToFall
11-23-2006, 10:10 AM

I like this idea lol. ;)

I think that's the best idea I've heard so far.

Craig
11-23-2006, 10:52 AM

I like this idea lol. ;)

I think that's the best idea I've heard so far.

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be too different from the Drive system in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Cloudane
11-23-2006, 12:03 PM
>WORLD MAP!!!<

^^^^^ This. Pleeeease!

Also, no more happy-go-lucky dancey prancey Selphie/Rikku/Yuffie-in-Dirge type characters please!

Laddy
11-23-2006, 11:51 PM
I for one, are sick of badasses AND pansies. Ok, none of the improve a story, both just make it less realistic and more of a "we know what's gonna happen" stuff. Really, Square Eniz, stop it with badasses and pansies, I'm sick of them and their boring stereotypes.

chionos
11-26-2006, 12:21 AM
world map
job system
emotional attachment

Dragon Mage
11-26-2006, 01:16 AM
How about some sarcasm? I haven't seen an actual sarcastic character so far.
And a tank for crying out lout. Gotta have a tank that you can use and keep. That would just be evily fun.

Ultros0
11-26-2006, 07:16 PM
bring back the turn-based fighting. bring back control of the airship's flight. More than one world ( a moon or an underground or a separate reality ). Characters that have color: some funny, some mean and sarcastic, some down to earth, some not-so-downtoearth, some funny lookin, etc... Characters i can get to know and care about. A villian that you think is good for a portion of the game, then you realize you've been doing everything he wanted. Bring back the old Summons... this isn't Tactics, so i don't want to see Tactics summons. Moogles that talk or at least make noises.

Ashley Schovitz
11-26-2006, 07:47 PM
How about some sarcasm? I haven't seen an actual sarcastic character so far.
And a tank for crying out lout. Gotta have a tank that you can use and keep. That would just be evily fun.

I thought Paine was quite sarcastic. Even if the main character won't be female I still would want turned based fighting with random encounters and battle music. I wish also for another Goofy boss battle like Tonberry King, He did an attack called Junk I think that made pans, Tv's and other junk fall on the party. Laser cannon chocobos would also be cool.

Alright, here goes

>WORLD MAP!!!<
I want to fly my dam airship around. Not too much more to add to this one that hasn't already been said.

>Reduction in 'pansy' and 'wimpy' characters<
I don't play video games to see people I would look down upon if I met in real life, I want to see really badass characters up there wrecking whatever they come against. Obviously they can be complex and no one dimensional, but I shouldn't be left wondering how on earth they could manage to put up a decent fight based on their story established personality. There is no way we should have Random Kid #54 in the same party as Legendary Hero and Warrior Trained From Young Age. At least give me some reason they are so amazing (genetic experiments, son of hero, chosen one, less cliché example, the list goes on....)

I hate people that think they're superior to others it adds variety and realism I hate the word pansy too, do you think your mindless bickering will make Square change the games they make? Of course they won't! It's frivolous to try especially when you can't see an artist's artistic form and beauty which is what the FF staff makes. If it's getting cliche it's because FF started the cliche, there are no legendary heroes in FF in recent years maybe in past old skool ones that I haven't played like I,II,III,V, and VI.

VeloZer0
11-26-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm not playing a game to experience artistic form and beauty; I’m playing games to have fun. If said form and beauty interferes with my enjoyment of the game, then I can't say I approve.

Do I realistically think I think anything I say hear will affect SE in the least? Of course not. Where would you get that idea? I was asked for my wish list (see: opinion), and I gave it. Just because it's different than yours no need to get upset. You may well see a character as well rounded and developed, and I may regard the same character as a pansy. It's a mater of perspective, not right or wrong. (Hence me using pansy in quotation marks).

As for examples of why the heroes would be strong:
I: Legendary Hero
IV: Son of Lunarian
V: Son of Warrior of Dawn
VI: Half Esper
VII: Subject to Janova and Mako experimentation
IX: Created as a genome with a soul to destroy Gaia
I would expect if a hero was amazingly strong for non lineage reasons they would most certainly have to have devoted most of their life to training, if they are just going to pick up a sword one day and be amazing there better be a good explanation behind it.

And on a side note, ultimately SE makes games to make money.

Shlup
11-28-2006, 05:44 AM
Sex.

Croyles
11-28-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm not playing a game to experience artistic form and beauty; I’m playing games to have fun. If said form and beauty interferes with my enjoyment of the game, then I can't say I approve.

But artistic form and beauty IS fun. At least in Final Fantasy it is. And thats always been one of the major things in every Final Fantasy game. If a pure - different kind of - fun is what you want, you probably shouldnt be playing an RPG at all.

VeloZer0
11-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Guess I should try to re-communicate that.
I feel game developers should focus on making enjoyable games, not on the form and beauty of the games. Said form and beauty exist to support the basic premise of being enjoyable. I never feel that a design teams artistic vision should compromise the enjoyability of a game to its fans.

Not sure what the pure fun you allude to is, I'm assuming some sort of simpler gaming experience. I deliberately said enjoy in my posts to emphasize the critical factor is the feeling you walk away from the game with. As for myself, I love being involved in the adventure; and that is going to be significantly dampened if I take a disliking to the game's primary character. If I'm asking myself 'is this someone I want to hear about' and the answer is no, how invested do you think I can get into the story?

Siegfried
11-29-2006, 02:04 AM
Moogles...lots and lots of moogles...maybe have all playable characters be moogles...just lots of them

RiseToFall
11-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Moogles...lots and lots of moogles...maybe have all playable characters be moogles...just lots of them

Since this game is looking all tech like. Robot moogles is the next logical step.

Ultima_Weapon
12-05-2006, 02:57 PM
don't wana see it look anything like FFX/FFX2/FFXII. Surprise me squenix..............

Laddy
12-06-2006, 01:45 AM
-Chocobo playable characters...

-No junctioning

-World Map

-Longer than normal

-Exciting Battle System

-Extra Dramatic Story

Siegfried
12-06-2006, 03:32 AM
-Chocobo playable characters...

-No junctioning

-World Map

-Longer than normal

-Exciting Battle System

-Extra Dramatic Story

And Extra exciting story battle world moogles that are longer than normal

Markus. D
12-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Just a good storyline overall with intricate character development between the main hero/es and the villian/s.

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Plot wise?

No love story... FFVII-FFX has milked it too much and besides, Xenogears did it the best so there really is no point...;)

I want characters to have well written growth. Not, "Let me talk about my problems..." I deal with this in real life, I don't need to have artificial beings complaining to me about their problems.

A large cast that isn't filled with "throw away" characters. I need more than six or seven people. I also would like some attention be given to them. I'm not asking for over the top dramatic character interaction every time we go into a cutscene, but at least a well thought out purpose and personality that makes them feel distinct.

I want to have a real world, like FFXII's except with a real world map. I need detail and I need to want to care about the world itself. Please don't make another interactive movie like FFX.

I also feel it's finally safe to go back to killing party members in the middle of the story. It was an FF tradition in FFII-FFVII (though FFVI skipped it) and I feel that it's time to put it back into full swing.:cool:

I want a cast that is older than 17. In fact I want the main players to be older than 21. Please no more kids... We're trying to save the world, not babysit some obnoxious kid...

Ashley Schovitz
12-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Plot wise?

I want a cast that is older than 17. In fact I want the main players to be older than 21. Please no more kids... We're trying to save the world, not babysit some obnoxious kid...

Kid means baby goat.

chionos
12-28-2006, 04:46 AM

Since this game is looking all tech like. Robot moogles is the next logical step.

stfu, If they robotize my moogles I'll hold you personally responsible.
HaHa. Actually, that is pretty interesting. Berserker Robot Mog could be fun, in theory.

New Game+ would be nice for once.
Alternative endings would be even better.

Aurons_Desciple
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
A male character whose gender isn't questionable :D

anvil_starsilver
12-31-2006, 06:45 PM
I just hope that no more pretty boys in FFXIII.
Music by Nobuo Uematsu...
Manly character...(for guys)
More playable character in battel
Good storyline...no need to be romantic..

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Plot wise?

Kid means baby goat.

Yuna wishes she was a goat, at least then she might have a real personality.;)

foxx
02-05-2007, 12:45 AM
i would like to see a large cast of playable characters including some that have to be found rather than be part of the main story,people like gogo from ffvi who you have to go looking for,everything seems to easy to obtain in more recent ff's.

chocobo/moogle/cactuar/tonberry must remain

total control of battle rather than ai like in ffxii

a world map and airship thats controllable

characters that really believably have a reason to fight

characters in the party that dont get on at all, that have real problems with eachother rather than always being a big happy family.

characters that dont care to save the day but choose to take advantage of the party to fulfill their own goals

a character that dies, or maybe even several, something like the villain kills half the party just for the hell of it, a real stop us in our tracks moment.

the return of characters whos jobs were unique to them, eg vivi was the black magic specialist in ffix, i hate how in ffx and ffxii they all seem to be capable of eachothers abilities equally.