PDA

View Full Version : The trailer can be viewed here on YouTube

Lakenbelle
05-09-2006, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOBLQTo-pY

I hope one is out soon without the voice-overs from the people.

EDIT BY BoB: Another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkk3Q8ou4uA

Tempest
05-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Excitement level is growing!!! :D I just saw that on Game Spot and of course it looks good so far.

DeathKnight
05-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Damn, if that video is running on real-time and not CG then it's gonna be the 2nd greatest FF ever! (FFX/X-2 being first).

Female protagonist eh? that's cool, let's just hope they have a Auron kind of character in there too and someone like Wakka/Zell.

And they better release it in 2007 and not 2008:eep:

I guess they're indeed gonna follow FFXII, when it comes to fighting, hopefully they'll take out the targeting thing and make it more like KH.

EDIT BY BoB: Don't use massive fonts in posts unless there's a good reason (eg. title/header for a project or something) please. :)

Khaotic
05-09-2006, 03:03 AM
I think I just creamed my pants.

Moon Rabbits
05-09-2006, 03:16 AM
For some reason I never got excited over FFXII, but I'm excited over this!

Seifer
05-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Looking A LOT better than FFXII...

FallenAngel411
05-09-2006, 04:31 AM
I must say, at the moment I am more hyper about XIII than I ever was about XII.

Lakenbelle
05-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I've yet to be impressed by a single thing I've seen of FFXII. It just looks like FFX done over again. But this.. wow, I'm excited.

Russielloyd
05-09-2006, 05:33 AM
Futuristic FF games always seem to play off better.

Even though that video was awesome, you wont be seeing the game for probably another 2 years i would say, seeing as they are making a sequal and prequal to it! Though why make sequal and prequals to it? Just have the one and move on, we've had enough add-ons already.

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 07:59 AM
I'd be excited by that if it looked anything different to previous FF's. The whole "look down the blade of my sword while I hold it out" thing is getting really old, now. :p I'm glad it's going to be futuristic though.

Miriel
05-09-2006, 08:02 AM
I'd be excited by that if it looked anything different to previous FF's. The whole "look down the blade of my sword while I hold it out" thing is getting really old, now. :p I'm glad it's going to be futuristic though.
Yeah, that's basically how I feel. The whole thing seems like it could have been ripped from Advent Children. Everything just looks like it's been done before. I think I'd like it more if it were something a bit more new and refreshing.

Skogs
05-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Looks slick, but it better have a good storyline to back it up. So far, artistically, it doesn't look particularly innovative. I'd love to be proven wrong, of course. I guess we'll wait and see.

Rostum
05-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Looks good to me. I just want to play XII at the moment though.

I was expecting a little more than that trailer though. =\ Oh well, still looks awesome.

ughhis
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Tetsuya Nomura.

:mog:

Agito: I don't even have a mobile phone.

Versus: "Check out Tetsuya Nomura's very own Final Fantasy game."
Ha-ha!
No.
The Kingdom Hearts 2 team and the Advent Children team.
Sounds quite horrible. Except for the jumping. The jumping is cool.

XIII: The jumping is here too. I wonder if there is anything else?

The trailer hinted at some possibilities of fun.

Still, Tetsuya Nomura as concept designer for the whole project makes me.. nibbly.

:nibbles:

Setzer Gabianni
05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Of it's going to look better then FFXII, it is on the PS3 - DUH!

It looks nice, but I am not "creaming my pants*

~Setzer Gabianni

Crossblades
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
For some reason I never got excited over FFXII, but I'm excited over this!

VorpalCyberWolf
05-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey I just found this and was about to post it, how damn quick you people are >.> heh

Yeah it looks good, but Im still not sure how much Im looking forward to it or not to tell the truth. I am probably more excited for this one than XII, but That really wasn't much to begin with...

It's prolly just gonna be one of those 'Ill buy it when it finally comes out after being delayed for 12 years and see what I think then" things with me. I just think Im sick of building anticipation so early when it takes so long for the good games to get released nowadays. (Like Twilight Princess and XII, hell Ill even count Halo2 In that category.)

LunarWeaver
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Hmm I hope she's the main character and not just a poster girl... And her gun is all kinds of coolies.

I wonder what their whole "people against the world theme," means... That's like, all of the Final Fantasies, but they made a 'theme title' out of it. Maybe she's like a rebel in an oppressed world or some such.

Maybe she's the ONLY character :O!! Mirth/Merriment -_- gonna doubt that one

Loony BoB
05-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Added the other youtube trailer (it was linked to in a different thread) to the first post, for those interested in what happens after the sword-wavey-menacing-post-ending of the other. :p

KoShiatar
05-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm happy. ^_^

YTDN
05-09-2006, 08:39 PM
I WANT THAT GAME

Larahl
05-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Is it just me or in just about the end of the trailer when you have the close up on her face, her ear doesn't look right...?

Carmilla
05-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Is it just me or in just about the end of the trailer when you have the close up on her face, her ear doesn't look right...?

From the pics and movie i thought she was an elf. :confused:

SeeDRankLou
05-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Have you never watched a kung fu movie? That's been old for decades. :tongue: As long as it's done well, I never tire of the "look down the blade of my sword" poses. Granted, it hasn't been done well in the past, but I thought it was done well here.

I thought the trailer was pretty impressive. This little tidbit of stuff is more than I need to make me want to play this game. And did her gun...turn into a sword or was I just seeing things? The trailer also had kind of good music too.

Croyles
05-09-2006, 10:21 PM
This game looks really good.
Oh dear there are startroopers! God help me.
I agree that there should be less of that "menacingly waving sword about" thing and there should be less guns. A female protagonist is cool but a rugged man would be better. He shouldnt be your typical hero, like someone who drinks on the job of saving the world or something.
I agree with most of the things said, like:
A proper world map (though having proper scenery orientated locations like FFX should also be included)
A more rpg orientated rpg, not like soul calibur with a hint of rpg as someone stated.
Etc etc.

Look at the pic below. Advent Children Omnislash anyone?:

chionos
05-09-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm anxious for SE to put the "fantasy" back in Final Fantasy.
Contrary to popular belief, science fiction is definately NOT fantasy.

Not that I won't buy ffxiii and enjoy it, but I personally feel that Square does a better job with fantasy than they do science fiction.

Croyles
05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
"Buy this game or my master will use Force!"

ChocoKid21
05-09-2006, 11:01 PM
OMG I AM SO EXCITED. I LOVE The graphics and did anyone notice the battle system? It's like "WOAH".......ARGH I CAN'T WAIT....I want to play XII too....why can't they release them at the same time? Rawrrrrrrr.......

Markus. D
05-09-2006, 11:41 PM
*ahem*

looks great, much better then any FF I have ever played or seen so far.

edit: hopefully none of you pissy x-2 haters will get pissed over the fact that the hero is a femme fatale and not a femme ...... male thing.

edit edit: I dreamt this game in a dream, I cant wait T-T

Rye
05-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Wow! A trailer THIS quick? It looks neat, nothing EXTRAORDINARY. But still cool. I'm going to wait for a better trailer. :)

Markus. D
05-10-2006, 02:10 AM
I reckon it did.

especially with the train part.

this games story seems to look like it will be controversial.

edit: I also like the style of action choreography, sophisticated style, thats professionalism, ;)

Miriel
05-10-2006, 03:30 AM
BoB, your link wasn't working so I switched it to a direct link to the full teaser.

Germ Hamee
05-10-2006, 07:42 AM
It looks pretty as hell, but all in all: lame. I don't think FF does futuristic very well.

SiberianKiss
05-10-2006, 07:48 AM
I like the trailer. Doesn't look like anything that hasn't been done before, but it looks promising.

One thing that really stands out to me is the music in the trailer. I don't know if this is music from the actual FFXIII soundtrack composer, but I think it's quite good. Not entirely FF in feel, but I mean that in the complimentary way.

After my disappointments towards XII going in the directions it went in (I hated Tactics, why would I want to play in Ivalice?), I'm pleased to see XIII going the way it's going so far.

Markus. D
05-10-2006, 08:13 AM
I wanna see what her blue aura surrounding her is all about.

and by the looks of the high res (where you can actually see stuff), the game looks to be quite lengthy (it even has magic *_*)

I wonder why she stares up at the sun while she is in the forest, perhaps expecting something.

*dies from overhyped self*

Cloudane
05-11-2006, 12:17 AM
I'd copy/paste my comment from adventchildren.net but their server's dying. Again.

Well, my first thought upon seeing her close-up here: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149412.html?sid=6149412 was "OMG it's Cloud again! Now what are they doing?". Then I clicked on the larger version and thought "OMG it's the scene where he dresses up as a girl for Don Corneo - it's a remake!!" - and then moments later the penny finally dropped :D

She really does look like Cloud though, don't you think?

I too am more excited about this one clip of FFXIII than I've ever been about FFXII. Heck, I've never even followed the development of the latter like I normally would. I could be proven wrong (and I hope so) but it sounds a dull theme (a big war, bleh) set in a dull world with dull and ugly piggy-faced characters and it's just never sparked an interest with me. The ridiculously feminine lead character never sat right with me in the previews either.

In contrast, this sparked immediate interest. Whilst we've sortof had female leads before (FFVI didn't seem to have a main protagonist but if any I'd say Terra as she was the first you get to control, then you have X-2 if you can call it an FF game), nothing quite this strong. Maybe it's the resemblance of Cloud - the general mood, not just the appearance - which makes me think it'll be the next FFVII in terms of greatness. I'm not sure. Something just tells me it's going to rock to grand proportions.

On the other hand it resembles FFVIII a lot (the gunblade, the city that looks like Esthar with a similar travel system, etc) so it could go either way :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/Matrinka/SiblingsJPG.jpg

Yep, new girl = Cloud. Mwahahaha

Please don't double post. Use the 'edit' button instead. - Miriel

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/Matrinka/SiblingsJPG.jpg

Yep, new girl = Cloud. Mwahahaha

So you're saying that 40% of caucasians are twins too??? They all look the same to me.

Anyway, shouldn't Cloud be the one to blame, he abviously has a female jaw:irked:

Miriel
05-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Cloudane, I *so* agree with you.

It's funny though, cause I think this girl looks more manly than Cloud. :p

Slicksword45
05-12-2006, 02:04 AM
*starts crying* it's buteaful =p

anyway, most of it will (sadley) be changed SOMEWERE in production...

but it was cool!

Fire_Emblem776
05-12-2006, 03:10 AM
I WANT THAT GAME

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Gosh she does look like Cloud! :eek:

one winged shinigami
05-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Cloud? In the alternative universe where everything is backwards? (nearly dies laughing imagining Cloud in a dress)

And what's wth the startrooper?

I am speculating from the trailer that..
1. if the battle after the train happened in real time, then (a) there's gonna be some time-tweaking features or abilities, or (b) there are hyperspeed skills/items to be used.
2. from the looks of it, the storyline should be somewhat like a rebellion/oppression situation.
3. on the train, the lead girl does some Matrix-like moves. Will there be jumping? If there is, then YESS!!! (I completely hated the X2 jumping scheme, I couldn't get to that treaure chest in besaid but we're off topic.)
4. she DOES resemble cloud. However, the area looks nothing like Midgar, so a story set in a different time era in Midgar is unlikely... Or is it?

Whatever happens, I hope square doesn't mess up the arrival dates again like its done for Xii...

Rase
05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
At the end, her left eye looks like it starts to tweak out.

Anyway, yeah, it's a pretty video, but until there's some more concrete facts about it, I wouldn't get too excited.

Russielloyd
05-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Might aswell post tis here.

I found the same trailer on another FF forum, but it's didnt play properly,
so i reduced the res and changed format and it's in high quality.

Also the video in in High Definiton, so nothin goes a miss.

Final Fantasy XIII Trailer (http://www.russielloyd.org.uk/finalfantasy/Final Fantasy XIII Trailer.avi)

Enjoy

Malboro_Menace
05-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Well hopefully they will put chocobos in there...someplace...somehow.

But seriously it does look like a great game. Graphics are M3G4L337H4X0R. Hopefully the gameplay will be too (shudders at FFX-2 battle system)

Callahan
05-13-2006, 02:45 PM
I think we all know that its just Midgar in the near future, and that Cloud knocked up Squall, I mean Tifa. Now its time for Cloudette to kick some ass while her clothes become skimpery and skimpery. Also, it clears up that fact that, Final Fantasy does take place in the Star Wars Universe as Cloudette and Rebels ban together to destroy the Death Star.

Shoden
05-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Holy sh- crap, that was god damn fircking amazing.

George Lucas is gonna have Nomura's ass for this. Hehehehehe.

ughhis
05-13-2006, 09:07 PM
:heart:

I like the female character design.
She has pink hair.

Khaotic
05-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Considering the girl has a pinkish creamy color, and cloud is blonde, I don't think they look alike, that picture of the girl is edited(hair wise) to make it look more like cloud.

As for the trailer, watching it again and paying more attention to it is amazing, that battle system seems very unique. The seemed to have put the old battle system(choosing a command(like fire, fire II, attack, etc) and add in an active motion "fighting scene" instead of taking turns fighting back and forth, however, that could just be a special scene and the battle system could be completely different, but you can still hope I suppose.

The game reminds me of SO:3, "aerial" attack, and the other attack that hit all surrounding enemies, which is when the screen showed a bunch of numbers with "combo", basically, as probably most of you know, there is area attacks, but not just with magic(since we haven't really seen much magic attacks yet) but with kicks and physical type things, which is pretty cool.

Apparently, from what I could see in the trailer, she used a physical attack, and then combined it with "fire" which then spread out with melee contact on her weapon and did the "combo" attack hitting all near targets. So, if I had to guess, I would say the battle system combines options and makes them much more "realistic" so you can basically make your own combos, much like a fighting type game.

Example: Attack > Ice = melee attack with an ice attack hitting all near targets
Attack > Fire = melee attack with an ice attack hitting all near targets(from the trailer)

I watched it yet again to try and gather some more details about the battle system, though there is no definate facts given from the creators, its fine to assume things for now.

What I noticed this time is there is an action type bar

|Attack| |Firaga| |attack| |Vstrike| etc, etc, so.. judging from that, you select options and basically a "movie" plays while you select your actions, depending what you do, things can probably combo, much like in the movie when you see the explosion, which is firaga mixed with either an attack or "vstrike". What happens if you don't insert a command before the "action bar" has another choice to use? I'm not sure, maybe its already pre-set outside of battle and you insert the options you want, say:

|attack| |ice| |aerial| |attack| |ice| |aerial|

and it will continue to use those attacks, however, that seems like it would get quite boring and repeative, so I'm sure there is something I'm not getting, though I'm probably looking into this too much and it is, after all, just a teaser trailer.

Though this is just speculation, and could easily be changed, I would say its safe to assume judging from the movie that this is how the battle system will be, for now.

Moon Rabbits
05-14-2006, 04:56 AM
Graphics: +++
Music: +++
Battle System: Looks like a +++

Anyway, it looks freakin' awesome. I really wanna find out who composed that theme. I'm glad that FF finally has a female character that looks respectable, I've been waiting for a character like this since Celes (I liked Tifa alot, but she didn't have the...uh, "I can handle this myself").

Femme Fatale indeed, I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley.

As for the look and feel, it definitely doesn't scream FINAL FANTASY, but a strong departure isn't a bad thing...so long as it retains SOME ff stuff...say Chocobos and Moogles and all the other staples (cid).

The battle system sort of looks like a rail shooter...and if you don't input a command in time maybe you'll stumble/lose pace. It definitely looks interesting.

Yoshtaka Amano <3

FFXIII > FFXII.

Dr.M
05-15-2006, 02:22 PM
wow. it looks so good! can't wait!!!i just watched it with my mouth slity open. lol
dose any1 no if theres a clip 4 ffv13?, the 1 with the guy in it, man! he's SO HOT!, MINE!!!haha!!

Mirage
05-15-2006, 06:22 PM
I was going to link to a 12 MB version, cause the youtube quality is the suck, but then Russelloyd linked to a much higher quality clip. Not really HD, but better than what I had already.

DeathKnight
05-15-2006, 06:24 PM
:heart:

I like the female character design.
She has pink hair.

pink hair's the CUTEST thing ever, next to black:love:

lady yunalesca
05-15-2006, 08:50 PM
cloud is way purdier than that chick!!!!! ;)

I dont really have a huge problem with the female protagonist, but i just hope that thier will be some strong male characters aswell!! I enjoyed x-2 but it lacked male presence, i hope they dont make that mistake again!!!

so far it looks cool!! does look quite futuristic, but i hope that, that will be balanced out by some good ole fashioned magic!!! :)

verdict: jury still out!!

Russielloyd
05-15-2006, 10:42 PM
I was going to link to a 12 MB version, cause the youtube quality is the suck, but then Russelloyd linked to a much higher quality clip. Not really HD, but better than what I had already.

When i found it, the res was in 1200x720, or about that, im not sure but those are the res of High Def vids, so i assumed. I haven't got HD screen, so cant really tell but the quality is so amazing, you can see everything on the video that you basically couldn't see on the youtube one.

Mirage
05-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Well, at 100%, the video was a bit more than half my screen width, and my resolution is 1280x800 :p, making the video probably 720 pixels wide. I guess that counts as HD, my bad :p. I guess I just assume 1080 or more when I hear "HD". That being said, I sometimes have problems decoding very high def videos propely :p.

Russielloyd
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Well i found this codec that encodes to HD called "Connect HD" which i can only use for 15 days. I encoded to that which produced the video to 500mb odd, then re-encoded to XVID HD, which kept the detail of when it was using the same HD codec and got it down to that fizesize. When i encoded as normaly before, it was darker than the original, so i like to think it's in HD.

I need to win a HD TV...

Kamrusepas
05-19-2006, 12:26 PM
The music in the [second] trailer is.... interesting. Kinda FF-ish, still somehow new.

sexymonkey
05-19-2006, 12:35 PM
head over to, http://ps3.ign.com/articles/708/708994p1.html

there are a few scraps of info that wasn't mentioned at e3! also deres stuff on versus xiii, and the mobile entry!

Croyles
05-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Anyone notice how theres sparks flying around everytime she lands somewhere?

And I just noticed her gun is like a sort of flick gun/sword, its a gun at first and then flicks into a sword

Russielloyd
05-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Noiticed that, first watch through.

Skyblade
05-19-2006, 04:52 PM
This game has stormtroopers. And yet, it still feels less like Star Wars than XII does.

It's a pity they used a stormtrooper-esque design. The Shinra uniform from VII would have been much better, if they didn't want to do something original.

All in all, I have to say that this game looks much better than XII does. The scenes I've seen so far remind me of the beginning sequences of VII and X (the bombing of the reactor and the destruction of Zanarkand). They both had the fast-paced battles and destruction that the trailers have. If most of the game, including the battle system, holds to that, it may wind up being very nice. I just hope that the characters and plot are as good as the rest. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait a while for the release, aren't we?

sexymonkey
05-20-2006, 01:19 PM
the stormtrooper like ppl remind me of the bevelle guards in ffx

black orb
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
>>> OMFG!, this makes FFX looks like an ancient piece of junk.. and Im still impressed by FFX..
Squarenix did it again, other rpg developers must be crying right now..

Craig
05-23-2006, 10:51 AM
She must be level 99.

Dark Paladin
05-29-2006, 04:11 PM
She's like a one woman army.

Jojee
05-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Ohmygod...... *dies*

I'd hit it x1093847 ^^ She looks so hot ^-^! I'll go lesbian for her. I totally like wanna make a sig of her but I know that 230948 other ones will be popping up soon so o_x; I'll restrain.

*Squee* :</>D Wow this is the first Final Fantasy thing that's actually made me excited in a long time... I didn't even bother looking into X-2, XI, or XII because they all look so crappy/not my thing... but this looks hawt ^_^;;

Lawr
06-18-2006, 06:50 AM
I'll go lesbian for her

Why can't more women be like her!?

No.78
06-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Ya know, the trailer on gametrailers.com is way better quality...

...I'm also very excited.

feona17
07-07-2006, 04:38 AM
the stormtrooper like ppl remind me of the bevelle guards in ffx

I totally agree with you.

Honestly, I can't get the music out of my head, I'm addicted to this game already. I have a feeling I won't be let down.

drunkymonkey
07-07-2006, 12:23 PM
It better bloody not be a let-down.

boys from the dwarf
07-08-2006, 02:24 PM
the musics good. i hope its on FFXIII. its a shame the PS3 will be so expensive. im definetly going to wait for the price to lower. id imagine the battle system would be something like you plan the moves ahead then it show the sequence or something. it looks very impressive. as long as square dont scrap the storyline and keep it good im sure this will be brilliant.

kirmari
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
i wonder if their gonna have the team style or are they gonna have an individual. I wonder if the battle style is gonna be like kh or ffx

still it looks like a great game so im not fussed:D