PDA

View Full Version : Now, by mobile they mean....

SiberianKiss
05-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Interesting news about this Fabula Nova Crystallis thing. Now, when they say that FFXIII Agito is for mobile platforms, do they mean mobile phones or mobile gaming devices (ie Nintendo DS or PSP)? I really hope it's not a phone thing.

Russielloyd
05-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I would hope it for the PSP too. I don't see it going on the DS seeing Crystal Chronicle has that honour.

Necronopticous
05-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Mobile means cellphone.

Russielloyd
05-09-2006, 07:23 AM
It can mean that, but this was at pre E3 in America right? In which if they meant Cell Phone, then i think they would of said Cell Phone. Here's hoping anyways.

Necronopticous
05-09-2006, 07:51 AM
"Mobile game" and "cellphone game" are synonymous to videogame developers. If they say "mobile" they mean "cellphone" and that's that. There is no reason to get your hopes up for a handheld game if they say "mobile," assuming that is what you're hoping for. Final Fantasy Agito XIII is going to be a game for cellphones, like Before Crisis is a game for cellphones.

Russielloyd
05-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I just assumed they would say it in the appropriate lingo to certain countries, because we do over here say "mobile phone" and Americans say "cell-phone" and when seeing mobile for the prequal, i thought it would of been on a handheld.

Anyways, i don't see the point then being on phones really, these days, buttons are too small, which could make you do something by accident, screen will be near enough too small. Distractions around you could inturupt your enjoyment, as it doesn't really offer the same effect to drag you in to the game, like viewing it on the tv and such, if you get me.

SiberianKiss
05-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Mobile means cellphone.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

That doesn't mean I'm happy about it, though. Of all platforms, why choose a cell phone? I wondered this about Before Crisis as well.

I, for one, kinda like the idea of FFXIII being developed as a compilation. Just sucks about the phone thing, cause I'll never play it.

brightman
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Of all platforms, why choose a cell phone? I wondered this about Before Crisis as well.
Because 1) a lot of people have phones, 2) it is an increasingly popular platform for gaming, 3) portable gaming is the rage nowadays?

--One Winged Angel--
05-10-2006, 06:15 AM
wheres your proof that when they say mobile they mean cell phone. mobile is anything that can be used while moving around, thats why there called mobile phones.....because you can use them when ure movin around. personaly i think it will be on psp.

SiberianKiss
05-10-2006, 07:39 AM
wheres your proof that when they say mobile they mean cell phone. mobile is anything that can be used while moving around, thats why there called mobile phones.....because you can use them when ure movin around. personaly i think it will be on psp.

I have a feeling that "mobile" does mean phone. Usually portable gaming systems are referred to as "portable," not "mobile." I posted this thread with the hope that "mobile" meant something like the DS or PSP, but it doesn't appear that way.

I'd be delighted for them to put it out on an actual gaming platform, though. Being the completist that I am. And if they were to release it on PSP, it would give me more than just one reason to pick one up (and that would be the Gradius collection, and that's it. Nothing else at all looks appealing).

starseeker
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM
If its for a mobile phone then I definitely need to get a new phone when it comes out.

Setzer Gabianni
05-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Seems a waste of money tho, unless, your current phone is on the blink.

~Setzer Gabianni

ISRviper
05-10-2006, 07:42 PM
If they were talking about PSP and the DS they would have said "Hand held", mobile measn cell phone.

Larahl
05-10-2006, 08:12 PM
And they even said in their own website that Final Fantasy Agito XIII is for the Cell Phone...

BustaMo
05-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Mobile means cellphone.
Yeah, this is how it's gonna go. I am curious as to what they mean by "Next Generation mobile phones" though...

play-on-4eva
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Interesting news about this Fabula Nova Crystallis thing. Now, when they say that FFXIII Agito is for mobile platforms, do they mean mobile phones or mobile gaming devices (ie Nintendo DS or PSP)? I really hope it's not a phone thing.

well.....it is. on most websites i been reading about it on it says that agito is for the mobile phone.

Levian
01-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi, please don't revive old threads. :D The guy you're replying to hasn't been online in 7 months, so he'll probably never see your reply anyway. Sending a private message is probably a better way to reply to people than reviving old threads. :mog: