PDA

View Full Version : Challenges?

DarkLadyNyara
05-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Does anyone have an idea for an FFII (DoS) challenge? What can I say- I'm bored. :p

Captain Maxx Power
05-09-2006, 12:10 PM
No armour, front row, Black-mage characters with no Cure, Life, Warp and Exit spells. O and no Shields, no dual-wielding, no physical attacks (apart from the start of the game).

Peter_20
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Red Mage Challenge:
Play the game with all chars using all equipment and all magic.
Of course you can freely choose which magics to actually learn, because of the lack of space.
I'd recommend Cure, Life, Heal, Safe, Shell, Change, Exit, Holy, Ultima, Fire, Ice, Bolt, Aero, Haste, Warp and Flare, though.

Mysidia Challenge:
Reach Mysidia, and buy equipment there until all chars are fully equipped, before heading for the Mithril Mines.

HP/MP Challenge:
Get 9999 HP and 999 MP before getting the Ring from Scott.

Crossblades
05-09-2006, 02:42 PM
No Magic throughout the entire game

Peter_20
05-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Bare Challenge:
Use NOTHING but your hands!
No equipment, no magic, no items - only your hands.

DJZen
05-10-2006, 05:50 AM
Bare hands in FFII is actually pretty strong.

DarkLadyNyara
05-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Bare hands in FFII is actually pretty strong.
Yeah, no kidding. It does more than any other weapon for a big chunk of the game.

HP/MP Challenge:
Get 9999 HP and 999 MP before getting the Ring from Scott.
That's not challenging, just tedious. :p

DJZen
05-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Okay, how about this.

Get all the genji equipment and equip it all on your only character to use white magic. Everyone has to use the basic bow for the whole game, but all characters must be in the front row. No black magic. NOW try beating the emperor.

Snap Jumper
05-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Try going through the entire game without buying anything. Only spend money to rest at inns.

DarkLadyNyara
05-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Get all the genji equipment and equip it all on your only character to use white magic. Everyone has to use the basic bow for the whole game, but all characters must be in the front row. No black magic. NOW try beating the emperor.
Ow... the Genji equipment alone makes that battle harder. :D

Try going through the entire game without buying anything. Only spend money to rest at inns.
Now this has potential. :D Thanks.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Beat the Emperor without using any magic or the Blood Swords. Everybody in the front row.

DJZen
05-12-2006, 04:03 AM

All you have to do is exploit drops and treasure, which at a certain point become frequent and good.

Beat the Emperor without using any magic or the Blood Swords. Everybody in the front row.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this also means no using tomes as items. However, if you use elixirs and pheonix downs, train for high agility and magic defense, this isn't going to be all that hard. I'm not even going to point out how you can use item effects to your advantage.

ScottNUMBERS
05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
I was going to try this once but my laziness got the better of me, feel free to pick my brain.

-Initial equipment (must not be changed).
-No additional magic can be added to any character.
-All magic any character possesses must be discarded immediatly without useage.

Everything else is allowed.

EDIT: Decided to try this myself. :cool:

Captain Maxx Power
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Right, it's time to please DJZen

*cracks knuckles*

OK, Front Row. Basic Bows Only. No Magic. No items. Genij Equipment. Single Character. Must fight every battle up to the Emperor.

Try that on for size!

Crossblades
05-19-2006, 10:23 PM

I did that challenge, except that I did use magic. I survived surprisingly:p

Elite Lord Sigma
05-20-2006, 03:06 AM
No healing at all throughout the game, except for inns and sanctuaries.

Peter_20
05-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Back Row Challenge:
Alway keep as many chars as possible in the back row, meaning you have to rely mostly on Bows and magic.

99 Challenge:
Get 99 in all Stats for all chars. :D

Agility Challenge:
The hardest Challenge: try getting "Agility Up" after EVERY BATTLE!

DJZen
05-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Right, it's time to please DJZen

You mean we now execute anyone who starts a "who's your favorite FF character" thread?

OK, Front Row. Basic Bows Only. No Magic. No items. Genij Equipment. Single Character. Must fight every battle up to the Emperor.

Try that on for size!

Oh :(

Well that character would get pretty strong from all that fighting. By the end of the game You'll be doing heavy damage and not taking much.

DarkLadyNyara
05-21-2006, 01:31 AM

Must not fight every battle up to the Emperor would make that much harder, due to the lack of leveling.

ScottNUMBERS
05-21-2006, 08:32 PM

Must not fight every battle up to the Emperor would make that much harder, due to the lack of leveling.
I think not, you won't even make it to The Emperor if you fight.

DJZen
05-22-2006, 01:20 AM
If you fight you'll become stronger and more resiliant. If you train up your agility enough you'll start to counteract the Genji equipment's awful agility penalty. Also, magic defense starts to play a BIG part in how much damage you take later on, especially when you're fighting Enemies in and around the Jade Passage.

boys from the dwarf
05-26-2006, 07:45 AM
go through the game without winning a battle (apart from boss battles.) your allowed to cast spells on enemys to level them up but you have to run away before the battle ends.

DarkLadyNyara
06-03-2006, 08:36 AM
your allowed to cast spells on enemys to level them up but you have to run away before the battle ends.
Would that even work?

Angi-Kaiser
06-04-2006, 10:42 PM
It wouldn't. You have to win the battle for anything to increase.

DarkLadyNyara
06-04-2006, 11:09 PM
It wouldn't. You have to win the battle for anything to increase.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

rubah
06-05-2006, 12:41 AM
I think a minimal stats challenge or items only would be most difficult.

wait. . you can have a lot more items in the dos version can't you? hmm, still

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Never use anything once i's reached level 6