PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the rules...

Shaun
05-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Before you complain about the forum I have posted this in, I believe this is the nearest to correct forum to post this in. I feel sorry for those who desperately need their forum names changing. But 'oh no', the CKs and admins say - you must wait at least six months until it can be changed.

But am I right or wrong when I say that Neel has had his name changed in a far smaller time period than that? Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Neel; I'm sure he's a great member, but I don't think the site staff should break the rules because of favouritism. I'm sure it wasn't long ago when Neel was known as "Neel with a Hat", but that was lately changed to "Neel with a Spicy Buffalo..." er, forget it. But it has YET AGAIN been changed! I'm sorry to be a complainer, but rules are rules and this is out of order.

Now that you have done this, I believe you should make it possible for any member to change their name upon request. Neel must have done it, so why can't anyone else, hmm? Who's with me here?

Meat Puppet
05-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I think the most recent change was because the spicy buffalo name was stretching tables.

Shaun
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
That's understandable to a certain extent, but it still does bend the rules. Neel did no doubt have choice over his new name.

bipper
05-09-2006, 02:28 PM
The rules are not absolute as the CKs (minus psy), administrators, and Cid are all above ethe law. Welcome to dictatorship! Here is a cigar.

Shaun
05-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Psychotic's a Cid's Knight!? Have I been in a coma!?!

starseeker
05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, since Saturday. Its the pink announcement. Seeing Psy do a Leeza is scary.

Madonna
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Sounds like [Feedback] (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40) to me. We cannot help you with a non-help issue; if you need to talk with staff, there's that handy forum I linked you to. http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/biggthumpup.gif

crono_logical
05-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Rules don't have to apply in exceptional circumstances, because those are exceptional to the rules :p In this case, fixing the forum layout was more important than Neel having a fancy name, and him being allowed to have that name in the first place was a mistake on our part :p The limit when you register is 25 characters, for reference :p

RSL
05-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I'll take the blame here. I allowed the long name change, and it turns out I was wrong to do that. In my opinion, it would be unfair to punish neel by not allowing him to pick a new name because of a screw up made on my part.

Shaun
05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Okay, okay, fair enough. ^^ I didn't know about the table mistake with Neel's old name when I made this topic.

escobert
05-09-2006, 06:39 PM
rsl you're fired!

Peegee
05-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Rename Neel's name to Peegee :D