PDA

View Full Version : incorporating limit breaks in battle.

morning_star
05-09-2006, 04:15 PM
i like how they used their limit breaks during the battle scenes. i saw reds, barrets, a couple of tifas, and clouds. no one elses though

~SapphireStar~
05-09-2006, 05:05 PM
So? Does it really matter? Im glad we got to see Clouds, but we didnt need to see every last characters.

Halenite
05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I know we saw Braver, Blade Beam, and Climhazard (oh and ominslash!)

What did we see of Red? Sled Fang during the Bahamut fight?

Barret: Big Shot?

Tifa: definately Beat Rush, sumoursault (definately spelled wrong), and Meteorstrike/Meteodrive (not sure which)

Yeah, I loved it.

morning_star
05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
oh you forgot. tifa's final heaven. i thought it was neat! lol

Masamunemaster
05-10-2006, 05:04 PM
my final heaven wasn't in it that I can remember

Halenite
05-10-2006, 10:30 PM
if Final Heaven was in there, I didn't see it.

Lionheart_587
05-11-2006, 12:22 AM
yeah, i saw most of those limits but when did barret do his??

Zechs
05-11-2006, 06:59 AM
I thought it was really cool sticking with the original specks of the game for the movie. Though Clouds final Limit Break would have been awsome if it were in the game.

Halenite
05-11-2006, 12:53 PM

I think he used Big Shot in the very beginning of the Bahamut fight.

Twilight Edge
05-11-2006, 05:50 PM

I think he used Big Shot in the very beginning of the Bahamut fight.

Yeah.That electrical light emitting from the cannon.

I don't think Tifa used Final Heaven,because we would've saw energy gathering at her fists just as Cloud's blue haze around him when he uses his.It should be Meteor Strike because it's a aerial slam and not a DDT(a wrestling skill).Sled Fang,yeah I noticed it.I do think Cid used his Boost Jump,though.

Halenite
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
oh, I forgot about Boost Jump. Yeah, you do see that at least once.

Giga Guess
05-12-2006, 02:58 AM
I thought it was really cool sticking with the original specks of the game for the movie. Though Clouds final Limit Break would have been awsome if it were in the game.

Wasn't Omnislash used in the final battle squence, to end it? Or an altered version of it.

Halenite
05-12-2006, 12:54 PM
the official name was Omnislash V5

It is an altered version of the game's Omnislash, yes.

Mercen-X
05-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Wasn't Omnislash used in the final battle squence, to end it? Or an altered version of it.
He said it
would have been awsome if it were in the game. as in you could use Omnislash V5 IN THE GAME.

Anyway, here's a list of attack I recall from the movie:

Cloud:
Braver
Blade Beam
Climb Hazard
Meteorain (altered, he used it on Bahamut to slam him down)
Finishing Touch (I believe anyway, altered use against Kadaj to slam him into the air)
Omnislash V5

Tifa:
Beat Rush (first move against Loz)
Somersault (easy to identify)
Water Kick (more of a slide)
Meteodrive (altered version, kicking him down instead of a suplex)
Meteor Strike (easy)
Final Heaven (I think she tried but was able to land the blow)

Barret: Mind Blow (I believe, it was green instead of red, he fired it off while Bahamut's Flare was heading at him)
Nanaki: Sled Fang (second strike against BS)
Yuffie: Bloodfest (closest to it anyway)
Vincent: None (unless his red cape-thing was a trans, but I think he at least used Flamethrower from E.Skill)
Cid: Boost Jump (twice)

Floppie
05-14-2006, 01:52 AM
Cloud used Omnislash on Sephiroth when they were inside that dark building (when the sparks were flying out of the swords every time Cloud's hit was blocked...you can identify that it's Omnislash due to that, and the fact that he's swinging extremely rapidly) and again, for fewer hits, about a minute later.

The final attack used by Cloud, to finish Sephiroth, was Cherry Blossom...you can see it if you get him in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ryushikaze
05-14-2006, 06:48 AM
Nanaki didn't use sled fang. It looks like he does a limit (because of the green glowing), but It's actually Barret. You see the beam moments before Nanaki leaps, from where Barret is standing, moments later, we cut to Barret whose gun is arcing like all the other times he fires Big Shot.

Halenite
05-14-2006, 12:58 PM
The final attack used by Cloud, to finish Sephiroth, was Cherry Blossom...you can see it if you get him in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ummm, no. The OFFICIAL name of the final attack Cloud used against Sephiroth was Omnislash V5. End of story.

Floppie
05-14-2006, 06:04 PM

Ummm, no. The OFFICIAL name of the final attack Cloud used against Sephiroth was Omnislash V5. End of story.

Google it bud. A promising search is:

cloud "cherry blossom" "final fantasy"

Halenite
05-14-2006, 08:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Strife#Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children

click on the link 2.2 Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Cloud is featured in Advent Children with his new motorbike, Fenrir, which features a sword rack built into the sides for storing his weapons, and is also seen performing various limit breaks, including a variation of Omnislash, dubbed "Omnislash Version 5".

Thank you.

Floppie
05-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, check out section 4.

In Advent Children, Cloud uses the new form of Omnislash (Omnislash Version Five as it was dubbed by Square-Enix, although it can be clearly identified as Cherry Blossom, which originated in Final Fantasy Tactics), in which his multi-pieced sword, the First Tsurugi, splits into its six components and levitates while Cloud quickly grabs them one at a time and slashes his opponent. The original Omnislash also makes an appearance in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II.

Thank you~

Halenite
05-14-2006, 10:33 PM
it would seem I have missed that. I apologize. However, I will continue to call it omnislash because that is what it most resembles to me.

Emerald weapon
05-14-2006, 11:00 PM
yeah i prefer omnislash v5 and i thought reds green beam limit was ''star dust ray''

Floppie
05-15-2006, 01:52 AM
I thought it was an Omnislash variation at first as well...then a buddy of mine called it Cherry Blossom and said where it came from, so I played through Tactics, this time getting Cloud, and was able to confirm it. He also, as I said, uses the original Omnislash twice...or, well, more like 1.5 times.