PDA

View Full Version : Raising stats to kill Dark Aeons?

anorexorcist
05-09-2006, 06:46 PM
The dark aeons are stupidly strong and appear at the most inconvenient times. Im not looking for a "way" of killing them because i have destroyed 2 of them with Yojimbo and it took the fun out of enemies with 99,999 attacks (if there is any).

Most people say have stats at 255 and health over 40k, im stumped, im more into Final fantasy 7 & 8, so does anyone know any good places or tactics to get this mega stats?

crazybayman
05-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Customize a weapon for each character with:
Triple AP
Overdrive = AP
Triple Overdrive

One-Eye in the monster arena often drops weapons with triple AP. You then just have to customize it with the other 2.

Then fight Don Tonberry in the monster arena, have your overdrives set to stoic or comrade, and watch your AP go through the roof.

With those 3 customizations, fighting regular enemies in the calmlands can even get you loads of AP. It even gets to the point where you run out of spheres very quickly, and you need to start using sphere distillers.

for more specific info, check out gamefaqs, they should have a list of weapon and armour customizations, as well as items and where to get the items.

Ashley Schovitz
05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Are you sure this is for for X and not X-2, because in X they are very easy to beat with one hit from Tidus or Auron when Yu Yevon posesses them.

anorexorcist
05-09-2006, 07:13 PM
its definately X, once they are all dead penance or something appears, and the dark aeons have millions of hp which i find hard to believe can be knocked off in one hit

TheSpoonyBard
05-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Ashley, the Dark Aeons are in the PAL and Int. versions of FFX. Don't confuse them with Yuna's aeons you fight at the end of the game.

starseeker
05-09-2006, 08:17 PM
The monster arena is good and so are the omega ruins.

farplaner
05-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Apparently I need to obtain a copy of the Int. version... I here a googleplex of posts about "Dark Aeons" and "Penance" (which Iknow only from X-2) and how much harder they are than Nemesis in the monster arena and... ah, I'm just gonna go get another beer....

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-10-2006, 01:11 PM
dark anima's a bit nasty but tolerable. penance is harder than nemesis but thats only cos of the insanely high hp level. if u wanna max ur stats u hav to defeat creations in the species conquest for the appropriate spheres

Dell
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
You're right, Dark Anima is nasty and I still can't beat them......what the hell!!?8 million..*close PS2*

Anyway:
My strategy is to get a fully-charged Celestial Weapon for everyone.

Then I go to Omega Ruins and bash some monster until my Wakka and Tidus can do about 50000 damage respectively.

I will go catch some of the monster that I have not catch yet.

Get all Conquest and Original Monster except Nemesis.

From there, fight Fenrir, Pteryx, Hornet, Juggernaut, One-Eye, Jumbo Flan, Tanket, Earth Eater, Greater Sphere, Vidatu and Ironclad:
Fenrir - Agility Sphere
Pteryx - Evasion Sphere
Hornet - Accuracy Sphere
Juggernaut - Strength Sphere
One-Eye - Magic Defense Sphere
Jumbo Flan - Magic Sphere
Tanket - Defense Sphere
Vidatu - MP Sphere
Ironclad - HP Sphere
Greater Sphere - Luck Sphere
Earth Eater - Fortune Sphere

Customize an AP weapon for the party:

Triple AP - 30 Wings to Discovery or get it from One-Eye
Triple Overdrive - 30 Winning Formula
Overdrive->AP - 10 Doors to Tomorrow

Ultima Buster can drop a weapon with this three ability but he have massive amount of HP, you really need to maximize your party stat before it.

Fight more battle and have the same people to kill the fiends
Have the people who kill the fiends to changes his/her overdrives mode to Stoic while others have Comrade. Fight Don Tonberry, don't change party members, you can use another character in the next battle, have the person who kill the fiends to attack Don Tonberry, revive him with your party and don't attack, just have the person who kill the fiends to attack repeatedly until Don Tonberry is near you, Flee from the battle and see your Sphere Level reach 99.

Tavrobel
05-10-2006, 05:01 PM
The dark aeons are stupidly strong and appear at the most inconvenient times. Im not looking for a "way" of killing them because i have destroyed 2 of them with Yojimbo and it took the fun out of enemies with 99,999 attacks (if there is any).

Most people say have stats at 255 and health over 40k, im stumped, im more into Final fantasy 7 & 8, so does anyone know any good places or tactics to get this mega stats?

Anyway:
My strategy is to get a fully-charged Celestial Weapon for everyone.

Then I go to Omega Ruins and bash some monster until my Wakka and Tidus can do about 50000 damage respectively.

Ultima Buster can drop a weapon with this three ability but he have massive amount of HP, you really need to maximize your party stat before it.

He can't get them all if there are Dark Aeons. He'll have to do with the ones he has, or Yojimbo his way through. Although if he REALLY wanted to have fun with these games, why get the Int version? Yojimbo w/ small Zanmato costs + Ribbon = FDQ of zero. Be a man and take your spoonful of confusion/berserk/poison. I don't care if you don't live in North America. Those people are also lying to you. You only need stats at 150 in all areas except Luck. HP is a non-factor unless your stats exceed 255 in all areas except Luck.

By the time Tidus and Wakka do 50,000, if he unlocks Nemesis, they will be seriously underleveled. Also, don't bother with Luck until you have completed the Sphere Grid for at least three characters. It's simply not useful enough by the time you have 255 in all stats.

5 million HP, Ultima Buster has, to be exact. Also, many other monsters in the Arena drop this type of Weapon configuration.

And also, you only receive AP if you win the battle, not if you run/Flee. Do NOT attempt to Customize the Triple AP onto a Weapon. It is a waste of your Wings to Discovery. They could be better used to customize BHPL, particularly considering how difficult they are to obtain at this point (*cough* Shinryu *cough*)

anorexorcist
05-10-2006, 11:04 PM
wow i have a lot of work cut out for me

crazybayman
05-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Actually, power levelling in this game can be quite quick compared to other games.

tailz
05-11-2006, 01:59 PM
He can't get them all if there are Dark Aeons. He'll have to do with the ones he has, or Yojimbo his way through.

you CAN get every of the monster without fighting dark aeons your talking about the magus sisters right?

you can walk past them to get to the mushroom rock road. without being chased by the magus sisters

if your talking about another one then i must have axidently killed one on the way

valefor = no need to go into the village
ifrit= can get every monster without going to him
ixion= you need to talk to the gaurd at the tower to get him to apear
shiva= temple is not needed for monster capturing
bahamut = what do you want to capture at the zanarkand dome
yojimbo= no need to fight him even when he apears
anima= also your own choise
magus sisters= you can get past the first to summoners by walking on the far left of the screen you can get every monster from that part in the way to the save sphere (aurons masamune is also doable) then catch everything on the rock road (those birds are most found at the end of it near the elevator.

so wich one did i miss

defcon_blackice
05-11-2006, 04:21 PM
to me the easyest way to kill a dark aeon is to use a game shark

Dell
05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
to me the easyest way to kill a dark aeon is to use a game shark

That would be not fun at all!

And Tavrobel:

1) I don't ask him to fight Nemesis after he reach 50000, I just want to get things easier for later.

2) You can get all of the weapons without fighting Dark Aeons:
Tidus: No Dark Aeons in Calm Lands, if you miss Sun Crest, I don't know what to do, but I think you already get it.
Yuna: Sigil, Crest and Weapon can be obtained without Dark Aeons fight.
Auron: Crest is easy to be obtained. Enter from Djose Highroad to catch monster and get Masamune.
Wakka: Sigil, Crest and Weapon can be obatined without fighting Dark Aeons fight.
Lulu: Crest and Weapon can be obtained without Dark Aeons fight, you can avoid Dark Ixion if you ignore the guys in the northern section of Thunder Plains.
Rikku: Don't go to Home, the crest and sigil is not in it, Weapon can be obtained without Dark Aeons fight.
Kimahri: Avoid talking to the guy in the northern section of Thunder Plains to get the weapon, Sigil and Crest can be obtained without Dark Aeons fight.

3) You will still get AP after you run away from Don Tonberry, you must attack him with Triple AP multiple times.

4) You need Luck. Especially, when you maximized it, you can remove most of your Accuracy and Evasion nodes leaving about 50+ (but I didn't remove it). Luck increase Accuracy, Evasion and Critical Hit Rate.

5) Getting Wings to Discovery is hard, I agree with Tavrobel (*cough* Malboros, need a lot of money *cough*). So far, I can only customize BHPL for Wakka and Tidus. I obtain Atlas for Rikku from Dark Yojimbo.

Tavrobel
05-11-2006, 08:32 PM
1) I don't ask him to fight Nemesis after he reach 50000, I just want to get things easier for later.

4) You need Luck. Especially, when you maximized it, you can remove most of your Accuracy and Evasion nodes leaving about 50+ (but I didn't remove it). Luck increase Accuracy, Evasion and Critical Hit Rate.

I'll concede that you are right about 2 and 3, (and 5, because I'm so awesome) because it is the Int version (*cough* wuss version *cough*), and I don't have it.

I said by the point that he has Nemesis, Tidus and Wakka should be doing alot more than 50k. I never mentioned fighting Nemesis either. Once your Strength is 150, you should start doing 99999 against normal fiends (half of the Monster Arena monsters don't have any special armors, those that do are easy to kill with Aeons), which is why 50000 would be low.

Luck is very hard to obtain. You have to fight Spherimorph AND Earth Eater, and Earth Eater takes quite a bit of time, especially because of how horribly long Ultima has an animation, and the fact that Megaton Punch is instant kill.

Since he doesn't have 99 in S.Levels, I'm pretty sure he would want the AP for at least the three frontline characters (therefore wanting to cast Life on them). PLUS Earth Eater Reflects Flare: are his stats high enough to survive a String of many of them? There is no Luck Distill (if there were, I would say ignore Evasion/Accuracy, and focus on Luck because it raises your Critical hits, also).
Technically, you can leave your Evasion/Accuracy at base stats for all characters if you have 255 Luck. But think about it this way.

3 frontline characters used only:
1 Spherimorph, +24 Luck potential (max), Ultima has a HORRIBLE animation time, counters all attacks made on it
3 Earth Eaters, +8 for one character (max), yay for instant kills

OR

Hornets and Pteryx for a measly 650,000/100,000 HP respectively. Ribbon == FTW Hornet. They also attack with normal attack animations, and rarely counter attacks. Distill Kottos for 40 Speed Spheres. Another free kill. I gather he'll get his Eva/Acc to 255 faster than his Luck. He'll also be getting the levels more efficiently, easing his way to fight the Originals.

Remember, no Luck Distill, chiquitos!

Yet, I fail to see how fighting Earth Eater and Spherimorph will be a quick endeavor, and Accuracy/Evasion are easier to obtain by far, and much less cost intensive. Not to mention the fact that Dark Matters are dropped 1/4th of the time (I wonder how one could find this annoying, but it's possible). We aren't even sure he can score "Condition 99999" Overkills.

Captain Maxx Power
05-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Be a man and take your spoonful of confusion/berserk/poison.

Best quote I've heard in a long time.

Malboro_Menace
05-12-2006, 04:01 AM
This is what I have to say regarding Dark Aeons:

Dark Valefor has a measly 800,000 hp. I only had 90 strength for Auron and Tidus with Yuna at 95 magic. Ifirit and Ixion are also easy as I beat them with 125 strength/magic.

Yes it is easy to get dark matters. Just overkill like 60 hornets and its done. So ribbon is easy enough to aquire. Just get BDL from celestial weapons. I agree with points made by both Tavrobel and vivi_ultima but luck is useful.

Dell
05-12-2006, 11:08 AM

I'll concede that you are right about 2 and 3, (and 5, because I'm so awesome) because it is the Int version (*cough* wuss version *cough*), and I don't have it.

I said by the point that he has Nemesis, Tidus and Wakka should be doing alot more than 50k. I never mentioned fighting Nemesis either. Once your Strength is 150, you should start doing 99999 against normal fiends (half of the Monster Arena monsters don't have any special armors, those that do are easy to kill with Aeons), which is why 50000 would be low.

Luck is very hard to obtain. You have to fight Spherimorph AND Earth Eater, and Earth Eater takes quite a bit of time, especially because of how horribly long Ultima has an animation, and the fact that Megaton Punch is instant kill.

Since he doesn't have 99 in S.Levels, I'm pretty sure he would want the AP for at least the three frontline characters (therefore wanting to cast Life on them). PLUS Earth Eater Reflects Flare: are his stats high enough to survive a String of many of them? There is no Luck Distill (if there were, I would say ignore Evasion/Accuracy, and focus on Luck because it raises your Critical hits, also).
Technically, you can leave your Evasion/Accuracy at base stats for all characters if you have 255 Luck. But think about it this way.

3 frontline characters used only:
1 Spherimorph, +24 Luck potential (max), Ultima has a HORRIBLE animation time, counters all attacks made on it
3 Earth Eaters, +8 for one character (max), yay for instant kills

OR

Hornets and Pteryx for a measly 650,000/100,000 HP respectively. Ribbon == FTW Hornet. They also attack with normal attack animations, and rarely counter attacks. Distill Kottos for 40 Speed Spheres. Another free kill. I gather he'll get his Eva/Acc to 255 faster than his Luck. He'll also be getting the levels more efficiently, easing his way to fight the Originals.

Remember, no Luck Distill, chiquitos!

Yet, I fail to see how fighting Earth Eater and Spherimorph will be a quick endeavor, and Accuracy/Evasion are easier to obtain by far, and much less cost intensive. Not to mention the fact that Dark Matters are dropped 1/4th of the time (I wonder how one could find this annoying, but it's possible). We aren't even sure he can score "Condition 99999" Overkills.

RE: 1) I say, I just want to get things easier for later. After that, he can go to Omega Ruins to train back.
RE: 2) That depends on what you want, I always want a perfect win in every RPG I play. Therefore, 255 Luck is the requirement for my perfect play. Even if you get 255 Eva/Acc, enemy can still hit you. Luck can improve the chance of your evasion and accuracy.

TheSpoonyBard
05-12-2006, 11:15 AM
With 255 Luck you need 0 Accuracy and 35 Evasion to guarantee all evadable attacks miss.